M.Sc. : Division of Biochemistry, ICAR-IARI, New Delhi
Ph.D : Division Of Biochemistry, ICAR-IARI, New Delhi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Biochemistry
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 2
Ph.D : 0
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Kumar S, Awana M , Rani K, Kumari S, Sasi M, Dahuja A (2023) Soybean (Glycine max) isoflavone conjugate hydrolysing β-glucosidase ( Gm ICHG): a promising candidate for soy isoflavone bioavailability enhancement. 3 Biotech. Feb;13(2):52. doi: 10.1007/s13205-022-03427-5. Epub 2023 Jan 18. (IF- 2.9)
- Sasi M, Kumar S, Hasan M, Arpitha SR., Gutierrez EG, Kumari S, Prakash O, Nain L, Sachdev A & Dahuja A (2022): Current trends in the development of soy-based foods containing probiotics and paving the path for soysynbiotics, Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, DOI: 10.1080/10408398.2022.2078272 (IF- 11.2)
- Kumari S, Gupta OP, Kumar S, Sasi M, Arpitha SR, Amirtham D, Mishra CB, Vinutha T, Krishnan V, Sachdev A, Kumar RR, Dahuja A (2022) A Novel Continuous Enzyme Coupled Colorimetric Assay for Phospholipase A2 and its Application in the Determination of Catalytic Activity of Oil?Body�Associated Oleosin Protein. Food Analytical Methods https://doi.org/10.1007/s12161-022-02284-5 (IF- 3.34)
- Thimmegowda V, Kumar D, Krishnan V, Goswami S, Kumar RR, Kundu A, Poondia V, Rudra SG, Muthusamy V, Prashat GR, Venkatesh P, Kumari S, Jaiswal P, Singh A, Sachdev A, Singh SP, Satyavathi T, Ramesh SV, Praveen S (2022) Thermal treatments reduce rancidity and modulate structural and digestive properties of starch in pearl millet flour. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 195, 207-216 (IF- 8.05)
- Atale N, Mishra CB , Kohli S, Mongre RK, Prakash A, Kumari S, Yadav UCS, Jeon R, and Rani V (2021) Anti-inflammatory Effects of S. cumini Seed Extract on Gelatinase-B (MMP-9) Regulation against Hyperglycemic Cardiomyocyte Stress. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, Article ID 8839479, 14 pages, https://doi.org/10.1155/2021/8839479 (IF- 7.35)
- Kumari, K., Rai, M.P., Bansal, N. Prashat, G. R., Kumari, S., Srivathsa, R., Krishnan, V., Dahuja, A., Sachdev, A., Praveen, P and Vinutha, T* (2019). Analysis of γ-Tocopherol methyl transferase3 promoter activity and study of methylation patterns of the promoter and its gene body. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 144 375�385. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.plaphy.2019.09.044 [IF - 5.4]
- Kumari S., Gupta OP, Mishra CB, Thimmegowda V, Krishnan V, Singh B, Sachdev A, Dahuja A (2020) Gamma irradiation, an effective strategy to control the oxidative damage of soy proteins during storage and processing. Radiation Physics and Chemistry 177, 2020, 109134. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radphyschem.2020.109134 (IF- 2.8)
- Thimmegowda V., Bansal N., Kumari K., Rama G.,Sreevathsa, R., Krishnan V., Kumari S., Dahuja A, Sachdev A ; Praveen S. (2017) Comparative analysis of tocopherol biosynthesis genes and its transcriptional regulation in soybean seeds. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry doi: 10.1021/acs.jafc.7b03448. (IF- 5.80)
- Kumari S., Memba J.S., Dahuja A., Vinutha T., Saha S., and Sachdev A. (2016) Elucidation of the role of oleosin in off-flavour generation in soymeal through supercritical CO2 and biotic elicitor treatments. Food Chemistry 205: 264-271. (IF- 9.20)
- Kumari S., Anil Dahuja, Vinutha T., Lal SK., Kar A. and Rai RD (2015). Changes in the levels of off-flavour generation in soybean through biotic elicitors treatments. J. Agric. Food Chem. 63(2): 700-706. DOI:10.1021/jf505199a. (IF- 5.80)
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- A schematic model for representing the plausible sequence of events leading to off-flavour reduction in soybean after biotic elicitors treatments as abstract graphics.
- A proposed mechanistic model suggesting the role of phospholipids and oleosin protein in generation of off-flavour in soymeal and improvement through various treatments during and before oil extraction from soybean seeds.
- Developed constructs for the over-expression of isoflavone synthase and down-regulation of Flavanone-3-hydroxylase for the metabolic engineering of phenylpropanoid pathway in soybean for developng high-isoflavone soybean.
- Gamma irradiation was identified as an important strategy for enhancing the protein bioavailability and enhancing the flavour quality of soybean and its products.
- Low doses of Gamma radiation treatment has been shown for the first time to reduce the off-flavour generation in soybean seeds through enhancement of their antioxidant potential.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Young Scientist Award at International Conference on Life Science and Bioengineering, Nov 22-23, 2014, organized by Institute of Applied Medicine and Research, Ghaziabad in collaboration with Council of Science & Technology, U.P.
- JRF NET by CSIR
- GATE scored
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) by ICAR
- National Talent Scholarship (NTS) by ICAR