M.Sc. : Allahabad Agriculture Institute, Naini, Allahabad, UP
Ph.D : Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Division of Biochemistry
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 3
Ph.D : 1
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Ali A, Singh T, Kumar RR, Vinutha T, Kundu A, Singh SP, Meena MC, Satyavathi CT, Praveen S, Goswami S* (2023) Effect of thermal treatments on the matrix components, inherent glycemic potential, and bioaccessibility of phenolics and micronutrients in pearl millet rotis. Food and Function, 14(3):1595-607.
- Ali A, Kumar RR, Vinutha T, Singh T, Singh SP, Satyavathi CT, Praveen S, Goswami S* (2022) Grain Phenolics: Critical Role in Quality, Storage Stability and Effects of Processing in Major Grain Crops- A Concise Review. European Food Research and Technology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00217-022-04026-7.
- Goswami, S*., Asrani, P., Ansheef Ali, T.P., Kumar R.D., Vinutha T. & Veda K., Kumari S., Sachdev A., Singh S.P., Satyavathi C.T., Kumar R.R., & Shelly Praveen* (2020) Rancidity Matrix: Development of Biochemical Indicators for Analysing the Keeping Quality of Pearl Millet Flour. Food Anal. Methods. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12161-020-01831-2.
- Ali A, Kumar RR, Bansal N, Bollinedi H, Singh SP, Satyavathi CT, Praveen S, Goswami S* (2022) Characterization of biochemical indicators and metabolites linked with rancidity and browning of pearl millet flour during storage. Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 1-11.
- Goswami S*,Kumar RR, Dubey K, Singh JP, Tiwari S, Kumar A, Smita S, Mishra DC, Kumar S, Grover M, Padaria JC, Kala YK, Singh GP, Pathak H, Chinnusamy V, Rai A, Praveen S and Rai RD (2016) SSH analysis of endosperm transcripts and characterization of heat stress regulated expressed sequence tags in bread wheat. Front. Plant Sci. 7:1230. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2016.01230.
- Suneha Goswami, Nandita Sahana, Vanita Pandey, Paula Doblas, Rakesh Kumar Jain, Peter Palukaitis, Tomas Canto, Shelly Praveen (2012) Interference in plant defense and development by non-structural protein NSs of Groundnut bud necrosis virus. Virus Research 163(1): 368-373.
- Arti Kumari, Ranjeet R. Kumar, Jyoti P. Singh, Pooja Verma, Gyanendra P. Singh, Viswanathan Chinnusamy, Shelly Praveen*, & Suneha Goswami* (2020) Characterization of the starch synthase under terminal heat stress and its effect on grain quality of wheat. Biotech-3, 10:531. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13205-020-02527-4
- Kumar, R.R*.,Goswami, S*., Singh, K., Dubey, K., Singh, S., Sharma, R., Verma, N., Kala, Y.K., Rai, G.K., Grover, M., Mishra, D.C., Singh, B., Pathak, H., Viswanathan, C., Rai, A., and Praveen, S. (2016) Identification of putative RuBisCoactivase (TaRca1) ? the catalytic chaperone regulating carbon assimilatory pathway in wheat (Triticum aestivum) under the heat stress. Front. Plant Sci. 7: 986. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2016.00986.
- Goswami, S*., Kumar, R.R., Sharma, S.K. et al. Calcium triggers protein kinases-induced signal transduction for augmenting the thermotolerance of developing wheat (Triticum aestivum) grain under the heat stress. J. Plant Biochem. Biotechnol. 24, 441�452 (2015).
- Kumar, R. R*.,Goswami, S*., Shamim, M., Mishra, U., Jain, M., Singh, K., Singh, J.P. et al. (2017). Biochemical Defense Response: Characterizing the Plasticity of Source and Sink in Spring Wheat under Terminal Heat Stress. Front. Plant Sci. 8: 1603.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- VInutha, T, Suneha Goswami, Ranjeet R Kumar and Shelly Praveen (2023). Licensed a technology of "thermal treatment to enhance shelf life of pearl millet flour" to a private company, AgroZee Organics Pvt. Ltd., Pune, Maharashtra. Vinutha T and Shelly Praveen (2020) Efficient methodology for natural vitamin E extraction from edible vegetable oils. [Patent Application No. � 202011035828].
- Shelly Praveen, Vinutha T, Suneha Goswami and R.R. Kumar (2020) Effect of Successive treatments of hydro, hydro-thermal and thermal near infrared rays treatments on nutritional quality of pearl millet. [(Patent Application No. 202011037363 and filing date- August 31, 2020).
- Vinutha T, Shelly Praveen, Suneha Goswami, Ranjeet Ranjan Kumar and Shalini Gaur Rudra (2021). A process of vital wheat gluten extraction from wheat refined flour and its regeneration in gluten free pearl millet flour. [(Patent Application No. : 202111012967 and filing date- August 31, 2020).
- Developed and commercialized 4 products 1. �High Protein Atta� (30 % protein); 2. "Nutri-Grain Multi-Millet Atta" (low glycemic index with high folic acid); 3."Soft-Bajra Atta and 4. "Soft Makka Atta" for superior dough quality. [F. No. BC/2021-22/52/6, Dt. 14th Sept, 2021; No.23-14/ITMC/ZTM2021; Dated 24.09.2021].
- Develop a rancidity matrix to classify pearl millet genotypes into low, medium and high rancid catagory.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- �Excellence in Research Award -2021� from GRISAAS-2021, Society for Scientific Development in Agriculture & Technology (SSDAT) organized by Astha Foundation, Meerut (U.P.) INDIA during 13-15 December, 2021
- �Certificate of appreciation for significant contribution in basic and strategic research� on 57th Annual Group Meeting of ICAR-AICRP on Pearl millet during 2nd-3rd March, 2022.
- Team Award 2020 in 55th Annual Group Meeting of ICAR-AICRP on Pearl millet.
- Young Biochemist Award in International Conference on Agriculture, Allied & Applied Sciences (ICAAAS-2018) organized by BRICPL, JNU, New Delhi, 2018
- Young Scientist Award by BioVed Society, Allahabad, U.P in 2017