M.Sc. : Division of Biochemistry, IARI, New Delhi
Ph.D : Biochemistry, IARI, New Delhi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Biochemistry
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 9
Ph.D : 9
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- V. Prathap, Suresh Kumar, Tyagi Aruna (2023). Comparative proteome analysis of phosphorus-responsive genotypes reveals the proteins differentially expressed under phosphorous starvation stress in rice, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 234 : 123760
- Prathap, V., Kumar A., Maheshwari, C., and Aruna Tyagi (2022) Phosphorus homeostasis: acquisition, sensing and long distance signaling in plants. Molecular Biology Reports 1-16.
- Prathap, V. and Aruna Tyagi (2020) Correlation between expression and activity of ADP glucose pyrophosphorylase and starch synthase and their role in starch accumulation during grain filling under drought stress in rice Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 157;239-243
- Prathap V, Kishwar Ali, Archana Singh, Chandrapal Vishwakarma, Veda Krishnan, Viswanathan Chinnusamy, Aruna Tyagi, (2019)Starch accumulation in rice grains subjected to drought during grain filling stage Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 142;440.
- Kumar S.M.S., Mawlong I., Kishwar A and Tyagi A. (2018) Regulation of phytposterol biosynthetic pathway during drought stress in rice, Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 129 :11-20.
- Changan S. S.,. Ali K, Kumar V., Garg N. K. & Tyagi A. (2018) ABA biosynthesis in rice: Anomalous behavior of 9-cis-epoxycarotenoid dioxygenase1 (NCED1) gene under water deficit stress Biologia Plantarum 62(4):663-670
- Ibandalin Mawlong*, Kishwar Ali & Aruna Tyagi (2018) Functional validation of a water deficit stress responsive AP2/ERF family transcription factor encoding gene in Oryza sativa Indian Journal of Biochemistry and Biophysics 55: 17-25.
- Ibandalin M, Kishwar A and Aruna T (2016) Effect of Age of Seeds on Rice Transformation with Drought Stress Inducible Transcription Factor Encoding Gene by Biolistic Method Biochem , 10(4):103
- Mawlong I., Ali K., Srinivasan R, Rai R D and Tyagi A. (2015) Functional validation of a drought-responsive AP2/ERF family transcription factor-encoding gene in Arabidopsis. Molecular Breeding. 35(8) : DOI 10.1007/s11032-015-0290-9
- Kumar S.M.S., Ali K., Dahuja A and Tyagi A. (2015) Role of phytosterols in drought stress tolerance in rice, Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 96 : 83-89.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Technology- NutriGrain MultiMillet Atta Rich in Natural Vitamins and Minerals with low glycemic potential
- Methodology for differential display system
- Methodology for ABA estimation
- Characterization of drought and ABA responsive promoter
- Methodology for transformation of Arabidopsis and rice with drought responsive transcription factor
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- FAO Fellowship
- FULBRIGHT Fellowship
- Secretary- Society for Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Attended a Fulbright sponsored South Asian Regional workshop on water food energy nexus at Kathmandu, Nepal
- Awarded occasional lecturer fund award to lecture on the topic �Strategies to improve abiotic stress tolerance in plants� at �Coastal Plants Genetics Laboratory� Louisiana state university (USA)