M.Sc. : Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
Ph.D : Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi.
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Biochemistry
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 10
Ph.D : 3
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Simadeep Kaur, Karishma Seem, Suresh Kumar*, Rakesh Kaundal, Trilochan Mohapatra (2023) Comparative Genome-Wide Analysis of MicroRNAs and Their Target Genes in Roots of Contrasting Indica Rice Cultivars under Reproductive-Stage Drought. Genes 14(7): 1390. https://doi.org/10.3390/genes14071390
(NAAS Rating: 9.30)
- Simardeep Kaur, Karishma Seem, Naveen Duhan, Suresh Kumar*, Rakesh Kaundal, Trilochan Mohapatra (2023) Transcriptome and Physio-Biochemical Profiling Reveals Differential Responses of Rice Cultivars at Reproductive-Stage Drought Stress. International Journal of Molecular Sciences 24: 1-25. (NAAS Rating: 14.03)
- Prathap V, Suresh Kumar*, A Tyagi (2023) Comparative proteome analysis of phosphorus-responsive genotypes reveals the proteins differentially expressed under phosphorous starvation stress in rice. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 234: 123760.
(NAAS Rating: 12.21)
- Suresh Kumar, Santosh Kumar, GopalaKrishnan S and Trilochan Mohapatra (2022) Molecular basis of genetic plasticity to varying environmental conditions on growing rice by dry/direct-sowing and exposure to drought stress: Insights for DSR varietal development. Frontiers in Plant Science 13: 1013207. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2022.1013207 (NAAS Rating: 11.75)
- Suresh Kumar, Karishma Seem, Santosh Kumar, KK Vinod, Viswanathan Chinnusamy and Trilochan Mohapatra (2022) Pup1 QTL regulates gene expression through epigenetic modification of DNA under phosphate starvation stress in rice. Frontiers in Plant Science 13: 871890. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2022.871890 (NAAS Rating: 11.75)
- Suresh Kumar, Anuradha Agrawal, Karishma Seem, Santosh Kumar, K. K. Vinod and Trilochan Mohapata (2022) Transcriptome analysis of a near-isogenic line and its recurrent parent reveals the role of Pup1 QTL in phosphorus deficiency tolerance of rice at tillering stage. Plant Molecular Biology 109(1-2): 29-50. doi: 10.1007/s11103-022-01254-z (NAAS Rating: 10.07)
- Suresh Kumar, Karishma Seem, Santosh Kumar, and Trilochan Mohapata (2022) RNA-seq analysis reveals the genes/pathways responsible for genetic plasticity of rice to varying environmental conditions on direct-sowing and transplanting. Scientific Reports 12: 2241. doi: 10.1038/s41598-022-06009-w (NAAS Rating: 10.38)
- Suresh Kumar, Simardeep Kaur, Karishma Seem, Santosh Kumar and Trilochan Mohapatra (2021) Understanding 3D genome organization and its effect on transcriptional gene regulation under environmental stress in plant: A chromatin perspective. Frontiers in Cell Developmental Biology 9: 774719. doi: 10.3389/fcell.2021.774719 (NAAS Rating: 12.68)
- Suresh Kumar and Trilochan Mohapatra (2021) Dynamics of DNA base modifications in plant growth and development. Frontiers in Plant Science 12: 640. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2021.596236 (NAAS Rating: 11.75)
- Suresh Kumar, Pallavi, Chetna Chugh, Karishma Seem, Santosh Kumar, K. K. Vinod and Trilochan Mohapata (2021) Comparative transcriptome analysis of contrasting Indica rice (Oryza sativa L.) cultivars highlights crucial role of stress-responsive genes in drought tolerance. BMC Plant Biology 9: 640. doi:10.3389.2018.00640 (NAAS Rating: 10.21)
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Molecular Basis of Genetic Plasticity of Rice to Varying Environmental Conditions on Direct-sowing and Transplanting.
- Molecular Functions of Pup1 QTL in Phosphorus Use Efficiency.
- Identified a rare obligate sexual plant of Cenchrus ciliaris (IC0590889; INGR11062).
- Developed, maintained and utilized a unique F2 mapping population of Cenchrus ciliaris segregating for Apomictic, Facultative ans Sexual modes of reproduction.
- Molecular markers for apomixis and sexuality in Cenchrus useful in breeding programmes of Cenchrus ciliaris.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Prof. Sushil Kumar Mukherjee Commemoration Lecture Award 2019-20 by the Indian Science Congress Association.
- Outstanding Scientist Award (Agriculture/Plant Biochemistry) 2015 by Venus International Foundation, Chennai, India.
- INSA-Visiting Fellowship 2013 by the Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi.
- Indo-US Research Fellowship 2009 by SERC, Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and Indo-US Science & Technology Forum, New Delhi.
- Norman E. Borlaug Fellowship 2008 by the Norman E. Borlaug International Science & Technology, Indo-US Agricultural Knowledge Initiative, I.C.A.R., Govt. of India, New Delhi and United States Department of Agriculture, USA.