M.Sc. : Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, Punjab
Ph.D : ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Horticulture-Floriculture and Landscaping
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : Three (03)
Ph.D : Four (04)
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Poonam Kumari, D. V. S. Raju, K. V. Prasad, Supradip Saha, Sapna Panwar, Surinder Paul, Namita Banyal, Aarti Bains, et. al….2022. Characterization of Anthocyanins and Their Antioxidant Activities in Indian Rose Varieties (Rosa × hybrid L.) Using HPLC. Antioxidants 2022, 11, 2032. https://doi.org/10.3390/antiox11102032 (NAAS rating : 13.68 )
- Abhay Kumar Gaurav, Namita*, D. V. S. Raju, M. K. Ramkumar, M. K. Singh, Bhupinder Singh,, S. Gopala Krishnan, Sapna Panwar, Amitha Mithra Sevanthi. 2021 Genetic diversity analysis of wild and cultivated Rosa species of India using microsatellite markers and their comparison with morphology based diversity. Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13562-021-00655-3
- Aparna Veluru, Kangila Venkataramana Bhat, Dantuluri Venkata Sai Raju, Kuchimanchi Venkata Prasad, Janakiram Tolety, Chellapilla Bharadwaj, Sevanthi Venkata Amitha Charu Rama Mitra, Namita Banyal, Kanwar Pal Singh and Sapna Panwar. 2020. Characterization of Indian bred rose cultivars using morphological and molecular markers for conservation and sustainable management. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants, 26(1): 95–106
- Rihne, T., Namita*, K.P. Singh, M. K. Singh and Akshay Talukdar. 2021. Improvement in molecular detection of phytoplasma associated with rose by selection of suitable primers and development of a multiplex PCR assay. 3 Biotech 11: 190. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13205-021-02713-y.
- Tasou Rihne, Namita*, Kanwar Pal Singh, M.K. Singh, Akshay Talukdar and G.P. Rao 2021. Multilocus gene typing, mixed infection of phytoplasma strains associated with rose genotypes and confirmation of their natural reservoir sources. Tropical Plant Pathology https://doi.org/10.1007/s40858-021-00457-x
- Henuka Rai, Namita*, D.V.S Raju, M.K. Singh, Kanwar P. Singh, Gunjeet Kumar, Subodh Kumar Sinha, Lekshmy S., R. N. Pandey and Bibin Poulose. 2020. In vitro screening of chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum morifolium Ramat.) varieties for salt tolerance. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences . 89 (11): 1964–70
- Shisa Ullas P., Namita, Kanwar P. Singh, Sapna Panwar, Aditi Kundu, Gopala Krishnan S. and Gunjeet Kumar. 2018. Influence of drying techniques on retention of anthocyanin and their antioxidant activities in chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum x morifolium) flowers. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 88(2): 228-233.
- Aido Taloh, D. V. S. Raju, Namita Banyal,* Gunjeet Kumar, Priyam Panda, Manimekalai, Carmine Marcone and G. P. Rao. 2020. Genetic diversity of phytoplasma strains infecting chrysanthemum varieties in India and their possible natural reservoirs. 3 Biotech : 10:411 (https://doi.org/10.1007/s13205-020-02407-x)
- Shisa Ullas P., Namita, Kanwar P. Singh, Sapna Panwar, Aditi Kundu, Gopala Krishnan S. and Gunjeet Kumar. 2018. Profiling of carotenoid pigments and their antioxidant activities in ray florets of chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum x morifolium). Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 88 (3): 393-399.
- Akshaya H.R., Namita, Kanwar P. Singh, Supradip Saha, Sapna Panwar and C. Bharadwaj. 2018. Influence of storage conditions of marigold flowers on retention of carotenoids and antioxidant activities. Indian Journal of Horticulture. 75(1): 111-118.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Rose varieties -Pusa Mahak for garden display and having outstanding fragrance (2018), Pusa Alpana for fragrant loose flower (2021), Pusa Lakshmi and Pusa Bhargava for garden display (2022).
- African Marigold-Pusa Bahar (2017); French marigold- Pusa Deep (2017), Pusa Parv (2022) and Pusa Utsav (2022)
- Standardized protocol for in-vitro mass multiplication of newly developed rose varieties using axillary bud explants, protocol for in-vitro mass multiplication of marigold using non axillary bud explants.
- DNA barcoding of Rosa species using universal markers and submitted 101 novel nucleotide sequences of Rosa species to NCBI for first time and 04 novel nucleotide sequences of Rose phytoplasma submitted to NCBI, Marker trait association in Rose genotypes, screening of chrysanthemum for drought stress tolerance.
- Standardized techniques for pigment profiling of rose, marigold, bougainvillea and drying techniques of marigold, rose, gerbera, annual flowers for making value added products.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- IAHS associate-2021, SHRD-Outstanding Horticultural Woman Scientist Award-2020
- HTHS Gold Medal Award-2020
- Young Woman Scientist -Floriculture conferred by UKAS, India
- Best oral presentations and Best paper awards in various conferences/seminars/symposium
- Editor, Journal of Ornamental Horticulture, Fellowship conferred by CHAI, India