M.Sc. : Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University, Hyderabad
Ph.D : ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Genetics and Plant Breeding; Bioinformatics
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Mallikarjuna MG*, Sharma R, Veeraya P, Tyagi A, Rao AR, Lohithaswa HC and Chinnusamy V (2022). Evolutionary and functional characterisation of glutathione peroxidases showed splicing mediated stress responses in Maize. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry. 178: 40-54. DOI: 10.1016/j.plaphy.2022.02.024
- Mallikarjuna MG*, Thirunavukkarasu N, Sharma R, Shiriga K, Hossain F, Bhat JS, Mithra AC, Marla SS, Manjaiah KM, Rao A, Gupta HS (2020). Comparative transcriptome analysis of iron and zinc deficiency in maize (Zea mays L.). Plants. 9:1812. DOI: 10.3390/plants9121812
- Aravind J, Sharma R, Banduni P, Mittal S, Shiriga K, Mallikarjuna MG, Kumar A, Rao AR and Thirunavukkarasu N. (2017) Identification, characterization and functional validation of drought-responsive microRNAs in subtropical maize inbreds. Frontiers in Plant Science. 8: 941. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2017.00941
- Gioi HA, Mallikarjuna MG, Mittal S, Banduni P, Jha SK, Dash PK, Arunkumar M B, Gadag RN, Rao AR and Thirunavukkarasu N. (2017). Variable level of dominance of candidate genes controlling drought functional traits in maize hybrids. Frontiers in Plant Science. 8: 940. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2017.00940
- Jeevan B, Gogoi R, Sharma D, Manjunatha C, Rajashekar H, Ram D, Mishra KK, MG Mallikarjuna* (2020). Genetic analysis of maydis leaf blight resistance in subtropical maize (Zea mays L.) germplasm. Journal of Genetics 99 (89): 1-9. DOI:10.1007/s12041-020-01245-3.
- Arora K, Panda KK, Mittal S, Mallikarjuna MG, Rao AR, Dash PK and Thirunavukkarasu N. (2017). RNAseq revealed the important gene pathways controlling adaptive mechanisms under waterlogged stress in maize. Scientific Reports, 8; 7(1):10950. doi:10.1038/s41598-017-10561-1
- Kumari P, Gogoi R, Basavaraj YB, Srinivasa N, Kumar A, Shekhar M and Mallikarjuna MG* (2021). Screening methods, genetic variability and correlation studies for Aspergillus flavus resistance in sub-tropical maize (Zea mays L.). Maydica. 66(2):10.
- Mallikarjuna MG, Nepolean T, Mittal S, Hossain F, Bhat JS, Manjaiah KM, Marla SS, Mithra ACR, Agrawal PK, Rao AR and Gupta HS. (2016). In-silico characterisation and comparative mapping of yellow stripe like (YSL) transporters in five grass crop species. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences (The), 86(5), 621-7.
- Mallikarjuna MG, Nepolean T, Hossain F, Bhat JS, Jha SK, Rathore A, Agrawal PK, Pattanayak A, Reddy SS, Gularia SK, Singh AM, Manjaiah KM and Gupta HS. (2015). Stability Performance of Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry-Phenotyped Kernel Minerals Concentration and Grain Yield in Maize in Different Agro-Climatic Zones. PLoS One, 10(9), e0139067.
- Mallikarjuna MG, Nepolean T, Hossain F, Manjaiah KM, Singh AM and Gupta HS. (2014). Genetic variability and correlation of kernel micronutrients among exotic quality protein maize inbreds and their utility in breeding programme. Indian Journal of Genetics and Plant Breeding (The), 74(2), 166-173.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Field corn: PJHM-1
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Early Career Research Grant from DST-SERB, GOI, 2017
- Interdrought-V Fellowship to participate and present the work in InterDrought-V, Hyderabad.
- ICAR-Jawaharlal Nehru Award for outstanding doctoral thesis in agricultural and allied sciences - 2016
- Awarded IARI merit (2016) medal for academic excellence in doctoral degree program