M.Sc. : Acharya N G Ranga Agricultural Univeristy,Hyderabad
Ph.D : ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute,New Delhi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Agricultural Extension
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 5
Ph.D : 0
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- S Swangla, V Sangeetha,P Singh, R R Burman, Satyapriya, P Venkatesh, A Bhowmick & T Singh. A note on indigenous technical knowledge in Kinnaur and Lahoul-Spiti districts of Himachal Pradesh. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge. Vol 20(1), January 2021. 1-9. (NAAS rating-6.73)
- Sangeetha V, P Singh, G S Mahra, S Sarkar, Venkatesh P, Satya Priya, B S Tomar, M Wason (2017) Assessment of food consumption pattern in Uttar Pradesh: A dietary diversity study Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 87 (6): 846�52, June 2017.
- V. Sangeetha, Ram Bahal, Premlata Singh and P. Venkatesh. (2013). Impact Assessment of Non-government Organization Led Self-Help Groups on Empowerment of Rural Women in South India. Outlook on Agriculture. Vol 42, No.1. pp. 59-63.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Conceptualized and established Agri-Nutri (A2N) Smart village model in U.P. and Haryana for undertaking Behavioral Change Communication (BCC) interventions.
- Established Community Agri-Nutri Security Centres (CANSCs) (which comprises of equipments namely Microwave oven, solar dryer, spice coating pan and packaging machine) in Baghpat district, U.P.
- Developed a cyber-extension portal namely www.cyberextniari.org.in.for the use of extension personnel and farmers in Sitapur district, Uttar Pradesh
- Multimedia modules on IARI varieties were prepared to enhance nutritional security of target groups
- Established Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture (NSA) centres which comprises of industrial oven in villages of Baghpat (U.P.) and Sonipat (Haryana). Through this centre rural women were made aware about the nutritional benefits of millets especially Hallur Soft Bajra Atta and consuming it in various form such as cookies,cakes, laddoos and muffins.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Young professional award (2017 ) by Society for Community Mobilization for Sustainable Development, New Delhi
- Young scientist award (2018) by Indian Society of Extension Education,New Delhi
- Travel grant (2018) by International Association of Agricultural Economists (IAAE) , USA
- Best Paper Award (2011) by Society for Community Mobilization and Sustainable Development,New Delhi
- Secured Best Paper Award for presenting about Agri-Nutri Smart Village model in 6th National Conference on Agricultural Scientific Tamil held in International Institute of Tamil Studies, Chennai during Dec.21-22, 2020