M.Sc. : Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
Ph.D : Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Agronomy
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : NA
Ph.D : NA
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Upadhyay P K*, Sen A, Rathore S S, Kumar B, Singh R K, Prasad S K and Sankar A. 2019. Scientific validation of indigenous organic formulation-panchagavya for sustaining rice productivity and residual effect in rice-lentil system under hot semi-arid eco-region of middle Indo-Gangetic plains. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge, 18(1): 104-113.
- Upadhyay, P.K., Dey, A., Singh, V.K., Dwivedi, B.S., Singh, T., Rajanna, G.A., Babu, S., Rathore, S.S., Singh, R.K., Shekhawat, K., Meenakshi, Kumar, P., Yadav, D., Singh, D.P., Dasgupta, D., and Shukla, G. 2023. Conjoint application of nano-urea with conventional fertilizers: An energy efficient and environmentally robust approach for sustainable crop production. PlosOne, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0284009
- Upadhyay PK, Singh VK, Rajanna GA, Dwivedi BS, Dey A, Singh RK, Rathore SS, Shekhawat K, Babu S, Singh T, Kumar Y, Singh C, Rangot M, Kumar A, Sarkar S, Dash S and Rawat S (2023) Unveiling the combined effect of nano fertilizers and conventional fertilizers on crop productivity, profitability, and soil well-being. Front. Sustain. Food Syst. 7:1260178. doi: https://doi.org/10.3389/fsufs.2023.1260178.
- Dutta, D., Singh, V. K., Upadhyay, P. K*., Meena, A. L., Kumar, A., Mishra, R. P., Dwivedi, B. S., Shukla, A. K., Yadav, G. S., Tewari, R. B., Kumar, V., Kumar, A., & Panwar, A. S. (2022). Long-term impact of organic and inorganic fertilizers on soil organic carbon dynamics in a rice-wheat system. Land Degradation & Development, 1–16. https://doi.org/10.1002/ldr.4267
- Singh RK, Upadhyay PK*, Dhar S, Rajanna GA, Singh VK, Kumar R, Singh RK, Babu S, Rathore SS, Shekhawat K, Dass A, Kumar A, Gupta G, Shukla G, Rajpoot S, Prakash V, Kumar B, Sharma VK and Barthakur S (2023) Soybean crop intensification for sustainable aboveground-underground plant–soil interactions. Front. Sustain. Food Syst. 7:1194867. doi: 10.3389/fsufs.2023.1194867.
- Rajanna, G.A., Dass, A., Suman, A., Babu, S., Venkatesh, P., Singh, V.K., Upadhyay, P.K., Sudhishri, S., 2022. Co-implementation of tillage, irrigation, and fertilizers in soybean: Impact on crop productivity, soil moisture, and soil microbial dynamics. Field Crops Research 288, 108672. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fcr.2022.108672.
- Gupta, G., Dhar, S., Kumar, A., Choudhary, A.K., Dass, A., Sharma, V.K., Shukla, L., Upadhyay, P.K., Das, A., Jinger, D., Rajpoot, S.K., Sannagoudar, M.S., Kumar, A., Bhupenchandra, I., Tyagi, V., Joshi, E., Kumar, K., Dwivedi, P., Rajawat, M.V.S. 2022. Microbes-mediated integrated nutrient management for improved rhizo-modulation, pigeonpea productivity, and soil bio-fertility in a semi-arid agro-ecology. Frontiers in Microbiology 13, 924407. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2022.924407.
- Rathore, S.S.; Babu, S.; Singh, V.K.; Shekhawat, K.; Singh, R.K.; Upadhyay, P.K.; Hashim, M.; Sharma, K.C.; Jangir, R.; Singh, R. Sulfur Sources Mediated the Growth, Productivity, and Nutrient Acquisition Ability of Pearlmillet–Mustard Cropping Systems. Sustainability 2022, 14, 14857. https://doi.org/10.3390/su142214857.
- Upadhyay P K*, Kumari E, Sen A, Raha P, Singh R K, Choudhary S K, Singh R K and Singh Y. 2016. Effects of Xanthium strumarium L. extract, anilofos and butachlor on weeds, yield, yield attributes and nutrient uptake of transplanted rice. Bangladesh Journal of Botany, 45(1): 227-232.
- Rathore, S. S., Babu, S., El-Sappah, A. H., Shekhawat, K., Singh, V. K., Singh, R. K., Upadhyay, P. K. and Singh, R. Integrated agroforestry systems improve soil carbon storage, water productivity, and economic returns in the marginal land of the semi-arid region. Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences, 29, 103427. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sjbs.2022.103427.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- ICAR-JRF (2010)/SRF (2012), UGC-BSR Fellow (2012), UGC Fellow (2012), DST-INSPIRE Fellow (2012)
- University Gold Medal at ANDUAT, Ayodhya (2010)
- BHU Merit Gold Medal (2012) and Dr. Mahatim Singh Gold Medal (2012)
- Indian Society of Agronomy Best Ph.D Thesis Award (2017), and RASSA Best Ph.D Thesis Award (2019) at BHU, Varanasi.
- Indian Society of Agronomy P.S.Deshmukh Young Agronomist Award (2020) and Gold Medal