M.Sc. : G. B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar (Uttarakhand)
Ph.D : G. B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar (Uttarakhand)
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Plant Pathology
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Joshi Deeksha, Singh P., Singh A.K., Lal R.J. and Tripathi Nidhi. 2016. Antifungal potential of metabolites form Trichoderma sp. against Colletotrichum falcatum Went causing red rot of Sugarcane. Sugar Tech. 18(5): 529-536.
- Joshi, Deeksha and S.C. Misra. 2013. Characterization of Trichoderma isolates from sugarcane agro-ecosystem and their efficacy against Colletotrichum falcatum causing red rot of sugarcane. Sugar Tech 15(2): 192-196.
- Joshi Deeksha, Singh Pushpa, Holkar S and Kumar S. 2019. Trichoderma mediated suppression of red rot of sugarcane under field conditions in sub-tropical India. Sugar Tech 21 (3): 496-504
- Joshi, Deeksha, K.S. Hooda, J. C. Bhatt, B. L. Mina and H. S. Gupta. 2009. Suppressive effects of composts on soil-borne and foliar diseases of French bean in the field in the western Indian Himalayas. Crop Protection 28: 608-615
- Joshi, Deeksha, Bhatt, J.C., Hooda, K.S. and Gupta Arun. 2012. Management of finger millet (Eleusine coracana) blast under field conditions by plant extracts. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 82 (3): 284-287
- Singh Pushpa, Tripathi N., Joshi D., Pathak A.D. and Sethi A. 2018. Trichoderma elicitors create a potential chemical barrier through induced systemic resistance against Colletotrichum falcatum and minimise sucrose losses in sugarcane. Journal of Plant Pathology 100(2): 151-162
- Sushil S.N, Joshi Deeksha, Roy S., Rao G.P., Pathak A.D. 2022. Plant Quarantine Regulations with Reference to Sugarcane in India: Strengths and Challenges. Sugar Tech. 24 (5): 1319-1329. DOI: 10.1007/s12355-022-01125-3
- Sushil, S.N., Roy, S., Jaiswal, A.K., Joshi Deeksha, Pathak, A.D. 2021. Management of termites through different tools and their impact on environment and soil micro-arthropods in Sugarcane in Indo-Gangetic Plains of India. Sugar Tech 23, 865–871
- Chandra, A., Singh, D., Joshi, D. et al. 2021. A highly contiguous reference genome assembly for Colletotrichum falcatum pathotype Cf08 causing red rot disease in sugarcane. 3 Biotech 11(3): 148
- Joshi, Deeksha, Hooda, K.S. and Bhatt, J.C. 2009. Integration of soil solarization with bio-fumigation and Trichoderma spp. for management of damping-off in tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum) in the mid altitude Region of north western Himalayas. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 79 (9): 754-757.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Identified T. harzianum strain VLTr-28 (MTCC 8620), a cold tolerant strain with high potential to manage various soil borne diseases, was commercialized through M/s Bharsa Biotech Solution (P) Ltd., Siliguri.
- Contributed as pathologist in the development and release of high yielding disease resistant varieties of finger millet (VL-324, VL-347) and barnyard millet (VL-207).
- Identified three cold tolerant, antagonistic strains of T. harzianum (VL Tr-11, VL Tr-28 & VL Tr-34) with high competitive saprophytic ability for management of soil-borne diseases in various crops under the North Western Himalayan region.
- Contributed as pathologist in development of germplasm LG 05817 of Sugarcane (INGR18035) which was registered by Plant Germplasm Registration Committee of ICAR on June 2018.
- Identified two novel, indigenous, potent strains of Trichoderma for management of red rot of sugarcane. Developed and optimized technology for effective delivery of Trichoderma in field for red rot management
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Dr K P V Menon best poster award (2009)
- Best paper/ poster awards: 06 no.