M.Sc. : Indian Agricultural Researh Institute, New Delhi
Ph.D : Indian Agricultural Researh Institute, New Delhi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Plant Pathology
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 1
Ph.D : 0
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Roy A., Zhai Y., Ortiz, J., Neff M., Mandal B., Mukherjee SK., Pappu HR. 2019. Multiplexed editing of a begomovirus genome restricts escape mutant formation and disease development. PLoS ONE. 14(10): e0223765
- Kumar A, Bag MK, Singh R, Jailani AAK, Mandal B, Roy A. 2017. Natural infection of croton yellow vein mosaic virus and its cognate betasatellite in germplasm of different Crambe spp in India. Virus Res. 243: 60-64.
- Bag, M.K., Gautam, N.K., Prasad, T.V., Pandey, S., Dutta, M. and Roy, A. 2014. Evaluation of an Indian collection of black gram germplasm and identification of resistance sources to Mungbean yellow mosaic virus. Crop Protection. 61: 92-101.
- Roy, A., Spoorthi, P., Bag, M.K., Prasad, T.V., Singh, R., Dutta, M. and Mandal, B. 2013. A leaf curl disease in germplasm of rapeseed-mustard in India: molecular evidence of a weed-infecting begomovirus�betasatellite complex emerging in a new crop. Journal of Phytopathology. 161: 522-535.
- Paul, S., Ghosh, R., Chaudhuri, S., Ghosh, S. K., Roy, A. 2009. Biological and molecular variability of the begomoviruses associated with leaf curl disease of kenaf in India. Journal of Plant Pathology. 91(3): 637-647.
- Ghosh, R., Paul, S., Ghosh, S.K. and Roy, A. 2009. An improved method of DNA isolation suitable for PCR-based detection of begomoviruses from jute and other mucilaginous plants. Journal of Virological Methods. 159: 34-39.
- Roy, A., Acharyya, S., Das, S., Ghosh, R., Paul, S., Srivastava, R.K. and Ghosh, S.K. 2009. Distribution, epidemiology and molecular variability of the begomovirus complexes associated with yellow vein mosaic disease of mesta in India. Virus Research. 141: 237-246.
- Paul, S., Ghosh, R., Das, S., Palit, P., Acharyya, S., Das, A., Mir, J.I., Chaudhuri, S., Ghosh, S.K. and Roy, A. 2009. First report of Tomato leaf curl Joydebpur virus and associated betasatellite in kenaf (Hibiscus cannabinus) plants showing leaf curl symptoms from southern India. Plant Pathology. 58: 403.
- Das, S., Roy, A., Ghosh, R., Paul S., Acharyya, S. and Ghosh, S.K. 2008. Sequence variability and phylogenetic relationship of betasatellite isolates associated with yellow vein mosaic disease of mesta in India. Virus Genes. 37(3): 414-424.
- Das, S., Ghosh, R., Paul S., Roy, A. and Ghosh, S.K. 2008. Complete nucleotide sequence of a monopartite begomovirus associated with yellow vein mosaic disease of mesta from north India. Archives of Virology. 153(9): 1791-1796.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- One Soybean variety Pusa 6 (DS 3106) with yellow mosaic virus resistance trait has been identified for release in Delhi NCR region
- Four Genetic Stocks of Blackgram (IC11613, IC485638, IC001572 and IC0144901) Registered as resistant source against plant viruses
- Plant virus detection kits: Two easy PCR detection kits against Tomato leaf curl New Delhi virus and Chilli leaf curl virus have been developed and being commercialized through ITMU, IARI
- A patent with has been filed (No. 201911051754) on �The 3� polymorphic primers for species specific detection of begomoviruses�
- Plant virus genomic resources: CRISPR-Cas9 constructs targetting chilli leaf curl virus have been developed, Several infectious clones of begomoviruses developed and plant virus based heterologous protein expression system developed
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- INSA Medal for Young Scientist 2005
- ICAR Lal Bahadur Shastri Young Scientist Award 2007-08
- NAAS Young Scientist Award, 2011
- NAAS Associates, 2012
- Fellow of West Bengal Academy of Science and Technology, 2015