M.Sc. : IARI, New Delhi
Ph.D : IARI, New Delhi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Plant Physiology
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 4
Ph.D : 1
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Pandey R., Sharma Natu P. and Ghildiyal M.C. (2001). Irrigation decreases loss of leaf nitrogen and Rubisco during pod development in chickpea. Journal of Agronomy & Crop Science 187: 177-183
- Pandey D.K., Pandey R*., Singh N. Kumar, Mishra R.P., Sharma S.K. and Bhawna Joshi (2003). Green manuring with different genotypes of Sesbania and their effect on productivity of rice wheat cropping system. Journal of Farming System Research & Development Association 8(1): 131-133
- Pandey, R., Kumari, A., Paul, V. and Ghildiyal, MC. (2012). An efficient and thermostable soluble starch synthase in developing maize (Zea mays) grain. Indian J of Agricultural Sciences 82: 548-551.
- Anita Kumari, Paul V, Pandey R* and Ghildiyal MC (2014) Soluble starch synthase activity in relation to thermal tolerance of developing wheat (Triticum aestivum, Triticum durum) and maize (Zea mays) grains. Indian J Agric Sci 84: 839-843
- Rathod GR, Pandey R.*, Chinnusamy V, Paul V, Jain N, Singh MP and Mandal PK 2022. Deeper root system architecture confers better stability to photosynthesis and yield compared to shallow system under terminal drought stress in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Plant Physiol Rep. 27(1): 250–259. doi.org/10.1007/s40502-022-00652-1
- Pandey R*, V. Paul, G.A. Rajanna and S.K. Guru (2022). Physiology of crop growth and yield: potential and realized. In: (Eds.) Sunil Kumar, DR Plasaniya, AK Tripathi & PK Ghosh. A Textbook on Recent Advances in Agronomy. Kalyani Publishers, New Delhi.
- Pandey R*, Paul V, Sehgal V, Singh MP and Bandyopadhyay K (2013). Monitoring of CO2 exchange and carbon pools in vegetation and soil. Indian J Plant Physiology 18: 98-117
- Pandey R*, Sharma Natu P. and Ghildiyal MC (2003). Assimilate partitioning in response to irrigation in small and bold seeded chickpea varieties. Indian J Plant Physiology 8(4): 335-339
- Pandey R*, Pandey DK, Singh NK, Mishra RP and Joshi Bhawna (2003). Genotypic variability in seeds and seedling growth in Sesbania species. Indian J Plant Physiology 8(3): 270-276
- Pandey R*, Paul V, Bhargava SC and Dadlani M (2013). The earliest findings on the role of smoke as germination cue were reported by P. Parija and co-workers from India. Current Science 104: 811-812.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Patent submitted and it is under review. (Patent Application number – 201711016288, dated 09/05/2017)
Title: Method and apparatus for side view imaging for field phenotyping of crop biomass and growth.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Dr. G.S. Sirohi Best Paper Award of the Journal - Plant Physiology Reports (2021) given by Indian Society of Plant Physiology (ISPP).
Ramesh, K.V., Paul, V.* and Pandey, R. (2021). Dynamics of mineral nutrients in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.) fruits during ripening: Part I - on the plant. Plant Physiology Reports 26: 23-37.
- Best Poster Award (2019) in Workshop organized by Society for Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology, New Delhi. 19th August, 2019.
Muthusamy R, Pandey R*, Viswanathan C, Mitra A, Singh AK, Ramkumar MK, Kale P, Paul V, Singh B, Kumar RR. High photosynthesis’ mutants of rice Nagina 22 show higher leaf protein content but do not have a more efficient rubisco enzyme.
- Best Poster Award (2015) in 3rd International Plant Physiology Congress (2015) on Challenges and Strategies in Plant Biology Research. JNU, New Delhi, India. 11-14 December, 2015.
Rakesh Pandey, Neelu Jain, Vijay Paul, GP Singh, RC Meena, Atar Singh, Shine MB, Vinod Pandey and Neha Rai were awarded for research work “Evaluation of root system architecture for adaptation to water stress in wheat: Deeper rooting”
- Best Paper Award of Indian Journal of Plant Physiology (2003)
Sharma-Natu P., Singh D.V., Pandey R. and Ghildiyal M.C. (2003). Protease activity in relation to mobilization of leaf nitrogen during pod development in irrigated and unirrigated chickpea cultivars. Indian J Plant Physiology 8(1): 12-16
- JFST Best Paper Award (2010) of Journal of Food Science and Technology given by Association of Food Scientists and Technologists of India.
Vijay Paul*, Rakesh Pandey and Srivastava G.C. “Ripening of tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.). Part II: Regulation by its stem scar region” J Food Sci Technol 47: 527-533.