M.Sc. : University of Agricultural Sciences, BANGALORE 560065
Ph.D : ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, NEW DELHI 110012
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Microbiology
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 2
Ph.D : 0
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- V Govindasamy, P George, L Aher, M Kumar, SK Raina, J Rane, K Annapurna and PS Minhas (2020) Multi-trait PGP rhizobacterial endophytes alleviate drought stress in a senescent genotype of sorghum [Sorghum bicolor (L.) Moench]. 3 Biotech (DOI: 10.1007/s13205-019-2001-4) [NAAS: 7.80 & IF: 1.789].
- SV Ramesh, V Govindasamy, MK Rajesh, AA Sabana, Shelly Praveen (2019) Stress-responsive miRNAome of Glycine max (L.) Merrill: molecular insights and way forward. Planta 249(5): 1267-1284 (doi.org/10.1007/s00425-019-03114-5) [NAAS: 9.35 & IF: 3.347].
- K Annapurna, V Govindasamy, M Sharma, A Gosh, SK Chikara (2018). Whole genome shotgun sequence of Bacillus paralicheniformis strain KMS 80, a rhizobacterial endophyte isolated from rice (Oryza sativa L.). 3 Biotech. 8:223. [NAAS: 7.80 & IF: 1.789].
- Maheshkumar, V Govindasamy, J Rane, AK Singh, RL Choudhary, LK Aher, P George, NP Singh (2017). Canopy temperature depression (CTD) and canopy greenness associated with variation in seed yield of soybean genotypes grown in semi-arid environment. South African Journal of Botany 113: 230-238 [NAAS: 7.49 & IF: 1.491].
- V Govindasamy, P George, LK Aher, SV Ramesh, A Thangasamy, S Anandan, SK Raina, M Kumar, J Rane, K Annapurna and PS Minhas (2017) Comparative conventional and phenomics approach to assess symbiotic effectiveness of bradyrhizobia strains in soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merrill] to drought. Nature-Scientific Reports (DOI: 10.1038/s41598-017-06441-3) [NAAS: 11.23 & IF: 5.229].
- V Govindasamy, SK Raina, P George, M Kumar, J Rane, PS Minhas and KPR Vittal (2017). Functional and phylogenetic diversity of cultivable rhizobacterial endophytes of sorghum [Sorghum bicolor (L.) Moench]. Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 110: 925�943 (DOI: 10.1007/s10482-017-0864-0). (NAAS: 7.94; IF: 1.944).
- Maheshkumar, SK Raina, V Govindasamy, AK Singh, RL Choudhary, J Rane and PS Minhas (2017). Assimilates mobilization, stable canopy temperature and expression of expansin stabilizes grain weight in wheat cultivar LOK-1 under different soil moisture conditions. Botanical Studies 58:14 (DOI 10.1186/s40529- 017-0169-7) [NAAS: 7.95 & IF: 1.949].
- U Kumar P Panneerselvam, V Govindasamy, L Vithalkumar, M Senthilkumar, A Banik and K Annapurna (2017) Long-term aromatic rice cultivation effect on frequency and diversity of diazotrophs in its rhizosphere. Ecological Engineering 101: 227�236 [NAAS: 9.41 & IF: 3.406].
- SK Raina, V Govindasamy, M Kumar, AK Singh, J Rane and PS Minhas (2016) Genetic variation in physiological responses of mungbeans [Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek] to drought. Acta Physiol. Plant.38 (11): 263-275 [NAAS: 7.93 & IF: 1.927].
- V Govindasamy, M Senthilkumar and K Annapurna (2015) Effect of mustard rhizobacteria on wheat growth promotion under cadmium stress: characterization of acdS gene coding ACC deaminase. Annals of Microbiology 65(3): 1679-1687 [NAAS: 7.60 & IF: 1.596].
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Characterization of PGPRs (bacterial endophytes and rhizobacteria) and their functional diversity for abiotic stress (drought and salt stress) tolerance in Sorghum, Pearl millet and Wheat
- Phenomics approach based screening of crop genotypes and assessing plant-microbe symbiotic interactions for drought tolerance in soybean and mungbean
- Rice-actinobacterial interactions and exploration of Xerophytic plants-Cactus as a source of endophytic actinobacteria for imparting abiotic stress tolerance and synthesis of novel secondary metabolites
- Enriched endophytic extraction from rice-endorhizosphere and endophllyosphere for complete metagenomic DNA isolation and endophytic microbiome study
- Development of Automated Image acquisition and image analysis softwares for field phenotyping of plants and plant-microbe symbiotic interactions
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- National First Rank Holder in Agricultural Research Service (ARS) -2009 in the discipline of Agricultural Microbiology, on the All India level Combined Competitive Examination conducted by Agricultural Scientist Recruitment Board (ASRB), India
- AMI Young Scientist Award - 2011 in the discipline of Agricultural Microbiology by the Association of Microbiologists of India (AMI), New Delhi
- Australia Endeavour Awards: 2012-Endeavour Research Fellowship sponsored by DIISRTE, Australian Government
- Recognition and Oral Presentation in the Exclusive Young Scientist Session of AMI-2016 International conference held at Gauhati University, Guwahati, Assam, India
- Outstanding Young Researcher in PGPR Award (2022) by the Asian PGPR Society for Sustainable Agriculture, Auburn, Alabama-USA.