M.Sc. : C.S. Azad University of Agricultural and Technology, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Ph.D : G.B. Pant University of Agricultural and Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Plant Pathology - Fungal Pathology
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 02 (Guided as Chairman); 02 (as Member)
Ph.D : 02 (Ongoing as Member)
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Singh S, Vikram P, Sehgal D, Burgueno J, Sharma A, Singh SK, Carolina PS, Joynson R, Brabbs T, Cynthia O, Solis-Moya E, Govindan V, Gupta N, Sidhu HS, Basandrai AK, Basandrai D, Ledesma-Ramires, L, Maria PS, Fuentes-D�vila G, Moreno JI, Sonder K, Singh Vaibhav K, Singh S, Shokat S, Arif MA, Khalil A, Srivastava P, Bhavani S, Kumar S, Pal D, Jaiswal JP, Kumar U, Chaudhary HK, Crossa J, Payne TS, Imtiaz M, Sohu VS, Singh GP, Bains NS, Hall A and Pixley KV (2018). Harnessing genetic potential of wheat germplasm banks through impact-oriented-prebreeding for future food and nutritional security. Scientific Reports, 8: 12527.
- Singh RN, Krishnan P, Singh Vaibhav K and Banerjee K (2022). Application of thermal and visible imaging to estimate stripe rust disease severity in wheat using supervised image classification methods. Ecological Informatics. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoinf.2022.101774
- Prabhakaran N, Kumar A, Sheoran N, Singh Vaibhav K and Nallathambi P (2021). Tracking and assessment of Puccinia graminis f. sp. tritici colonization on rice phyllosphere by integrated fluorescence imaging and qPCR for non-host resistance phenotyping. Journal of Plant Diseases and Protection, 128: 457-469.
- Vikram P, Franco J, Burgue�o, J, Li H, Sehgal, D, Saint-Pierre C, Ortiz C, Singh Vaibhav K, Sneller C, Sharma A, Tattaris, M, Guzman C, Pena J, Thiyagarajan K, Davila GE, Reynolds M, Sonder K, Govindan V, Bhavani S, Roosatei M, Singh S, Basandrai D, Bains, NS, Basandrai A, Payne T, Crossa J and Singh S (2021). Strategic use of Iranian bread wheat landrace accessions for genetic improvement: Core set formulation and validation. Plant Breeding, 140: 87-99.
- Singh OW, Singh N, Kamil D, Singh Vaibhav K, Prameela T and Prasad L (2021). Morpho-molecular variability and host reactivity of Albugo candida isolates infecting Brassica juncea genotypes in India. Journal of Plant Pathology, 103: 139-153.
- Aggarwal R, Sharma S, Manjunatha C, Gupta S and Singh Vaibhav K (2017). Development and validation of loop mediated isothermal amplification based detection assay for Puccinia striiformis tritici causing stripe rust of wheat. Austral Plant Pathol, 6: 577-583.
- Aggarwal R, Sharma S, Gupta S, Manjunatha C, Singh Vaibhav K and Kulshreshtha D (2017). Gene-based analysis of Puccinia species and development of PCR-based marker to detect Puccinia striiformis f.sp. tritici causing wheat yellow rust. J Gen Plant Pathol, 83: 205-215.
- Nigam, S, Jain R, Marwaha S, Arora A, Singh Vaibhav K, Singh AK, Paul RK and Raj KI (2021). Automating yellow rust disease identification in wheat using artificial intelligence. Indian J Agricultural Sciences, 91(9): 1391-5.
- Aggarwal R, Kulshreshtha D, Sharma S, Singh Vaibhav K, Manjunatha C, Bhardwaj SC and Saharan MS (2018). Molecular characterization of Indian pathotypes of Puccinia striiformis tritici and multigene phylogenetic analysis to establish inter- and intraspecific relationships. Genetics and Molecular Biology, 41(4): 834-842.
- Singh Vaibhav K, Mathuria RC, Gogoi R and Aggarwal R (2016). Impact of different fungicides and bioagents, and fungicidal spray timing on wheat stripe rust development and grain yield. Indian Phytopath, 69(4): 357-362.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- HD 3118 (PUSA VATSALA): A high yielding Bread Wheat variety was released and notified by CVRC in 2015 (F.No. 3-40/2014-SD.IV) for late sown, irrigated condition of North Eastern Plains Zone (NEPZ). It has better resistance against leaf & stem rusts and leaf blight along with yield superiority.
- HI 8737 (PUSA ANMOL): A Durum Wheat variety was released and notified by CVRC in 2015 (F.No. 3-40/2014-SD.IV) for timely sown, irrigated condition of Central Zone (CZ). This is indigenously developed variety has high resistance to leaf & stem rusts and leaf blight along with yield superiority.
- HS 562: A Bread Wheat variety released & notified by CVRC in 2016 (F.No. 3-49/2015-SD.IV) for timely sown, irrigated and rainfed condition of Northern Hills zone (NHZ). This is indigenously developed variety and has better resistance against stripe & leaf rusts and leaf blight and yield superiority.
- HI 8777: A semi-dwarf (60-70 cm), 110 days maturing Durum Wheat variety with genetic yield potential of 6.8 t/ha was released & notified by CVRC in 2018 (F.No. 3-62/2017-SD.IV) for cultivation in rainfed, timely sown conditions under Peninsular Zone (PZ). It has high level of resistant to leaf & stem rusts, bunts, flag smut and foot rot.
- HI 8759 (PUSA TEJAS): A Durum Wheat variety with a potential yield of 7.6 t/ha was released & notified by CVRC in 2017 (F.No. 3-52/2016-SD.IV) for timely shown irrigated conditions of Central Zone (CZ). Highly resistant to rust pathogens.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- 'Nanaji Deshmukh ICAR Outstanding Team Award-2019' by ICAR-DARE, MoA&FW, Government of India
- 'Dr. S. Nagarajan Memorial Award-2021' by Society for Advancement of Wheat and Barley Research (SAWBAR), Karnal, India
- 'Fellowship-2020' of Indian Society of Genetics and Plant Breeding (ISGPB), New Delhi, India
- 'Young Educator Award-2019' by National Education Empowerment and Development Foundation (NEEDEF), New Delhi, India
- 'Young Scientist Award-2015' by National Environmental Science Academy (NESA), New Delhi, India