M.Sc. : CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, Haryana
Ph.D : CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, Haryana
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Entomology
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 5
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Singh, N. and Dhillon, M.K.* 2022. Nucleo-cytoplasmic interactions affecting biological performance of Lipaphis erysimi in Brassica juncea. Frontiers in Plant Science 13: 971606. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2022.971606
- Samal, I., Dhillon, M.K.*, Tanwar, A.K., Kumar, S. and Hasan, F. 2022. Biological performance and amino acid profiles of different geographical Chilo partellus populations on diverse maize genotypes. Entomologia Generalis 42(3): 479-489.
- Dhillon, M.K.*, Tanwar, A.K., Kumar, S., Hasan, F., Sharma, S., Jaba, J. and Sharma, H.C. 2021. Biological and biochemical diversity in different biotypes of spotted stem borer, Chilo partellus (Swinhoe) in India. Scientific Reports 11:5735. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-85457-2
- Dhillon, M.K.*, Hasan, F., Tanwar, A.K., Jaba, J., Singh, N. and Sharma, H.C. 2020. Genetic regulation of diapause and associated traits in Chilo partellus (Swinhoe). Scientific Reports 10 (1): 1793 (1-11). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-58640-0
- Dhillon, M.K., Jaba, J., Mishra, P., Iquebal, M.A., Jaiswal, S., Tanwar, A.K., Nareshkumar, B., Arora, N., Mishra, S.P., Shyamprasad, G., Hasan, F., Rai, A., Kumar, D. and Sharma, H.C. 2022. Whole genome sequencing of spotted stem borer, Chilo partellus reveals multiple genes encoding enzymes for detoxification of insecticides. Functional & Integrative Genomics 22: 611-624. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10142-022-00852-w.
- Dhillon, M.K.*, Singh, N. and Yadava, D.K. 2022. Preventable yield losses and management of mustard aphid, Lipaphis erysimi (Kaltenbach) in different cultivars of Brassica juncea (L.) Czern & Coss. Crop Protection 161(11): 106070 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cropro.2022.106070
- Samal, I., Singh, N., Bhoi, T.K. and Dhillon, M.K.* 2022. Elucidating effect of different photosynthetic pigments on Lipaphis erysimi preference and population build-up on diverse Brassica juncea genotypes. Annals of Applied Biology 181: 201-214. https://doi.org/10.1111/aab.12774
- Dhillon, M.K.* and Hasan, F. 2017. Temperature-dependent development of diapausing larvae of Chilo partellus (Swinhoe) (Lepidoptera: Crambidae). Journal of Thermal Biology 69: 213-220.
- Dhillon, M.K.*, Hasan, F., Tanwar, A.K. and Bhadauriya, A.P.S. 2017. Effects of thermo-photoperiod on induction and termination of hibernation in Chilo partellus (Swinhoe). Bulletin of Entomological Research 107(3): 294-302.
- Dhillon, M.K.*, Hasan, F., Tanwar, A.K. and Bhadauriya, A.S. 2019. Factors responsible for aestivation in spotted stem borer, Chilo partellus (Swinhoe). Journal of Experimental Zoology-A: Ecological and Integrative Physiology 331(6): 326-340.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Developed a HPLC-PDA based method for analysis of 17 amino acids, and GC-MS based lipophilic metabolite profiling method for different plant parts and insect pests.
- Artificial screening technique developed for evaluation of rapeseed-mustard for resistance to aphids, and involved in development and release of first double zero erucic acid mustard variety (Pusa Double Zero Mustard 31).
- Laboratory-based detached leaf assay technique developed to screen cotton, groundnut, chickpea and pigeonpea for resistance to Helicoverpa armigera, and H. armigera egg storage technique developed for their use in various entomological investigat
- Developed methods for direct, indirect and long-term effects of Bt-transgenic crops on non-target arthropods under laboratory and field conditions.
- Mass rearing and bioassay techniques developed for larval parasitoid (Campoletis chlorideae) and predatory beetle (Cheilomenes sexmaculatus).
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- - Fellow: National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)- Fellow: Royal Entomological Society, London, UK- Fellow: Plant Protection Association of India- Fellow: The Academy of Environmental Biology- Fellow: The Entomological Society of India
- - International Plant Protection Congress Award for Scientific Achievement 2019 by International Association for the Plant Protection Sciences, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE 68583-0816, USA
- - ESI Senior Entomologist Award 2021 conferred during 2022 by Entomological Society of India, New Delhi- Prof. G. S. Shukla Award 2020 conferred by “The Academy of Environmental Biology”, Lucknow, Utter Pradesh, India- Prof. T.N. Ananthakrishnan Senior Scientist Award for the biennium 2016-2017 conferred by T.N. Ananthakrishnan Foundation, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- - Co-chairman IPPC 2019: XIX International Plant Protection Congress held during 10-14 November at Hyderabad, Telangana, India.- ICE Travel Award 2012: Recipient of XXIV ICE 2012 Travel Award in recognition of outstanding achievements in XXIV ICE at Daegu, South Korea.
- - Jawaharlal Nehru Award for Postgraduate Agricultural Research 2005 in Crop Improvement by Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi- DEF Young Scientist Award 2006 in “Environmental Biotechnology” fostered by “The Academy of Environmental Biology”, Lucknow, Utter Pradesh, India