M.Sc. : G. B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand
Ph.D : Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, U.P.
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Plant Physiology
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Bansal R, Bana, RS, Dikshit HK, Srivastava H, Priya S, Kumar S, Aski M, Kumari NKP, Gupta S and Kumar S (2023) Seed nutritional quality in lentil under different moisture regimes. Frontiers in Nutrition, 10, doi: 10.3389/fnut.2023.1141040
- R Bansal, HK Dikshit, AK Singh, S Kumar, A Kumar. 2022. Effect of waterlogging on physiological traits and yield in black gram (Vigna mungo L) in field condition. Indian Journal of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 59(5): 580-585.
- V Ramtekey#, R Bansal#, MS Aski, D Kothari, A Singh, R Pandey, R. K Tripathi, GP Mishra, S Kumar, HK Dikshit. 2021. Genetic variation for traits related to phosphorus use efficiency in Lens Species at the seedling stage. Plants, 10: 2711.
- S Priya#, R Bansal#, G Kumar, HK Dikshit, J Kumari, R Pandey, AK Singh, K Tripathi, N Singh, NKP Kumari, A Kumar, S Kumar, KHM Siddique. 2021. Root trait variation in lentil (Lens culinaris Medikus) germplasm under drought stress. Plants, 10: 2410.
- R Bansal, S Priya, HK Dikshit, SR Jacob, M Rao, RS Bana, J Kumari, K Tripathi, A Kumar, S Kumar. 2021. Growth and antioxidant responses in iron-biofortified lentil under cadmium stress. Toxics, 9: 182.
- R Bansal, S Sharma, K Tripathi, Gayacharan and A Kumar. 2019. Waterlogging in black gram (Vigna mungo) is associated with chlorophyll content and membrane integrity. Indian Journal of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 56: 81-85.
- VP Singh, JP Srivastava and R Bansal. 2017. Biochemical responses as stress indicator to waterlogging in pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan L.) Indian Journal of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 54, 300-305.
- R Bansal, K Pradheep, J Kumari, S Kumar, MC Yadav and JC Rana. 2016. Phenotyping of wheat genotypes for drought tolerance collected from arid region. Indian Journal of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 53: 212-217.
- R Bansal and JP Srivastava. 2015. Effect of waterlogging on photosynthetic and biochemical parameters in pigeon pea. Russian Journal of Plant Physiology, 62(3): 322-327.
- R Bansal and JP Srivastava. 2012. Antioxidative defense system in pigeon pea roots under waterlogging stress. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum, 34: 515-522.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Registered genetic stocks in Rice for blast resistance (IC199562 and IC121865) and high protein content (IC0597237)
- Wheat genetic stock (EC531185, IC128335) registered for drought tolerance
- Wheat genetic stocks (IC564121, IC443669) registered for spot blotch resistance
- Pea genetic stock ((EC0414478) registered for drought tolerance
- Black gram genetic stock (IC530491, IC519933) for waterlogging tolerance
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- DBT-BioCARE fellowship (2019)
- 100 fellowship Award by Interdrought-V, ICARISAT, India
- Endeavour Research Fellowship 2016 awarded by Govt. of Australia
- Young Scientist Award (2010) by Indian Society of Plant Physiology
- Senior Research Fellowship (2007) funded by Indian Council of Agricultural Research