M.Sc. : Agriculture College, Raichur, UAS, Dharwad
Ph.D : UAS, Dharwad
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Entomology
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 5
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Sagar D, Isaiyamudhini T, Keerthi M C, Sujatha G S, Chander S. 2022. Influence of larval nutrition on biological attributes and reproductive performance in Spodoptera frugiperda (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) under laboratory condition. Animal Biology, 2022, 72: 203-216
- Sagar D, Suroshe S S, Keerthi M C, Poorani J, Gupta A, Chandel R K. 2022. Native parasitoid complex of invasive fall armyworm, Spodoptera frugiperda (J. E. Smith) from Northern India. International Journal of Tropical Insect Science, 42: 2773-2778
- Rathinam M, Tyagi S, Dokka N, Marimuthu S K, Kumar H, Sagar D, Dash P K, Shasany A K, Sreevathsa R., 2023. The plant specialized metabolite epicatechin- 3-gallate (EC3G) perturbs lipid metabolism and attenuates fat accumulation in pigeonpea pod borer, Helicoverpa armigera. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2023 Mar 15; 231:123325. doi: 10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2023.123325.
- Ranjith, H.V., Sagar, D., Kalia, V.K., Dahuja, A., Subramanian, S., 2023, Differential Activities of Antioxidant Enzymes, Superoxide Dismutase, Peroxidase, and Catalase vis-à-vis Phosphine Resistance in Field Populations of Lesser Grain Borer (Rhyzopertha dominica) from India. Antioxidants, 12, 270. https://doi.org/10.3390/antiox12020270
- Keerthi, M.C., Suroshe, S.S., Sagar D, Shivakumara, K.T., Mahesha, H.S., Rana, V.S., Gupta, A.; Murukesan, A., Casini, R., Elansary, H.O. and Shakil, N. A., 2023, Bio-Intensive Tactics for the Management of Invasive Fall Armyworm for Organic Maize Production. Plants, 12, 685. https://doi.org/10.3390/plants12030685
- San S H, Sagar D*, Krishnan V, Awana M, Singh A, Bhowmik A, Singh R, Chander S. 2022. Effects of Helicoverpa armigera (Hubner) infestation on metabolic sensors dynamics in chickpea. Allelopathy Journal, 57(1):83-108
- Hulagappa T, Baradevanal G, Surpur S, Raghavendra D, Sagar D, Shashank P R, Kereyagalahalli Mallaiah K, Bedar J. 2022. Diagnosis and potential invasion risk of Thrips parvispinus under current and future climate change scenarios. PeerJ, 10:e13868 https://doi.org/10.7717/peerj.13868
- Dutta T K, Veeresh A, Phani V, Kundu A, Santhoshkumar K, Mathur C, Sagar D, Sreevathsa R. 2022. Molecular characterization and functional analysis of Cry toxin receptor-related genes from the model insect Galleria mellonella. Insect Molecular Biology, DOI: 10.1111/imb.12770.
- Sagar, D., Nebapure, S. M. and Chander, S., 2021, Temporal dynamics of gram pod borer, Helicoverpa armigera and beet armyworm, Spodoptera exigua in relation to weather factors in Delhi. National Academy Science Letters, https://doi.org/10.1007/s40009-021-01067-6
- Dutta, T. K., Veeresh, A., Mathur, C., Phani, V., Mandal, A., Sagar, D. and Nebapure, S.M., 2021. The induced knockdown of GmCAD receptor protein encoding gene in Galleria mellonella decreased the insect susceptibility to a Photorhabdus akhurstii oral toxin. Virulence, 12(1):2957-2971
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Developed and validated weather based forewarning models for two important insect pests of chickpea viz., Helicoverpa armigera and Spodoptera exigua and established a thumb role for prediction of peak trap catches of H. armigera and S. exigua in chickpea ecosystem for Delhi location.
- Developed and validated mtCOI based life stage independent species specific marker for quick and precise identification of Conogethes punctiferalis and Conogethes sahyadriensis (Lepidoptera: Crambidae).
- Reported the gynandromorphism, a rare phenomenon in which an individual develops with sexual mosaic of male and female traits in invasive fall armyworm, Spodoptera frugiperda (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae).
- Developed meridic diet and rearing procedure for continuous rearing of fall armyworm, Spodoptera frugiperda and constructed fertility life table with biotic potential estimation of S. frugiperda on both natural and meridic diet.
- Collaborator in identification and release of seven desi chickpea varieties, Pusa 3043 (BG-3043), Pusa Chickpea 10216 (BGM 10216), Pusa chickpea Manav (BG 20211), Pusa chickpea Vijay (BGM 10217), Pusa Chickpea 4005 and Pusa JG-16 by SVRC and CVRC
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Prof T N Ananthakrishnan Young Scientist Award (First position) for the biennium 2020-21 from Prof T N Ananthakrishnan Foundation, Chennai for contribution in insect physiology and insect pest management in chickpea
- Innovation and Excellence Award-2022 from Dr. B. Vasantharaj David Foundation, Chennai for contribution in Insect Physiology and Molecular Taxonomy
- Award For Excellence in Research in Agriculture Science from Science Tech Institute and MKSES Educational Society, Lucknow during 2022
- NESA Scientist of the Year Award -2022 from National Environmental Science Academy , New Delhi.
- Young Scientist award from Samagra Vikas Welfare Society, Lucknow during 2018