M.Sc. : ICAR-IARI
Ph.D : ICAR-IARI
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Plant Pathology
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 4
Ph.D : 7
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- B Roy...P Sinha(2021). Simulation of leaf curl disease in chilli for management options, Scientific Reports https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-79937-0(IF4.379)
- P Sinha, X Chen (2021). Potential infection risks of the wheat stripe rust and stem rust pathogens on barberry in Asia and Southeastern Europe. Plants 10(5), 957, https://doi.org/10.3390/plants10050957 (IF3.899).
- K Viswanath, P Sinha (2017). Simulation of leaf blast infection in tropical rice agro-ecology under climate change scenario. Climatic Change DOI 10.1007/s10584-017-1942-z (IF 4.743).
- P. Madhusudhan, P Sinha (2019). Effect of temperature on Pi54 - mediated leaf blast resistance in rice. World J Microbiol Biotechnol https://doi.org/10.1007/s11274-019-2724-8 (IF 3.24)
- Shubhajyoti Das, Arindam Biswas, Vimal Kumar C, P Sinha (2023). Deep Learning Analysis of Rice Blast Disease using Remote. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters 20: 1-5, doi; 10.1109/LGRS.2023.3244324 (IF 5.343).
- A Dubey, P Sinha ..... (2019). Temperature influence on leaf crinkle disease expression in urdbean (Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper) and potential distribution of the disease in India. Crop Protection DOI: 10.1016/j.cropro.2019.01.011.(IF 2.571)
- P Sinha, ....(1994). Management of storage rot in onion through gamma irradiation and chemicals. J Food Sci Technol 31: 341-343.(IF 2.701)
- R K Bannihatti......P Sinha (2022). Image based phenotyping for fusarium wilt resistance in pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan). Phytoparasitica https://doi.org/10.1007/s12600-022-00993-5 (IF 1.439)
- Dangi R, P Sinha.......(2019). Screening of onion accessions for Stemphylium blight resistance under artificially inoculated field experiments. Australasian Plant Path. doi.org/10.1007/s13313-019-00639-x.(IF 1.062)
- B Roy.. P Sinha (2023). Leaf Curl Epidemic Risk in Chilli as a Consequence of Vector Migration Rate and Contact Rate Dynamics: A Critical Guide to Management. Viruses 2023,15 (4), 854, https://doi.org/10.3390/v15040854 (IF 5.811)
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Soybean varieties developed (Pusa 9712 and Pusa 9814- resistant to diseases released and novel genotypes identified (DS 2410, DS 2309 and DS 2207 - resistant to diseases and pests) in association with Division of Genetics
- Simulation of climate change impact on potential distribution of leaf blast in rice and spot blotch in wheat for Indo-Gangetic plains.
- Expert system for leaf blast management advisory
- Developed forecasting system for spot blotch in wheat, neck blast in rice, and monitoring system for yellow rust in wheat, powdery mildews in mango and Ziziphus
- Methodology for management of leaf curl disease in chilli
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Commonwealth Academic Staff Fellowships 2009
- Fulbright -.Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowship 2018
- PP Singhal Memorial Pesticides Award 2005