M.Sc. : CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, Haryana (India)
Ph.D : Dr YSP University of Horticulture and Forestry, Nauni-Solan, Himachal Pradesh (India))
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Plant Pathology
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Santosh Watpade, Milan Kumar Lal, Rahul Kumar Tiwari, Rishav Kumar, Kailash Chandra Naga, Ravinder Kumar, Kallol Kumar Pramanick, Hema Kumari, Esha Devi, Dharam Pal. 2024. Fusarium core rot disease affects physicochemical and pathophysiological attributes of apple (Malus × domestica Borkh.) fruit. Postharvest Biology and Technology, 208:112648, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.postharvbio.2023.112648
- Watpade Santosh, Baswaraj Raigond , K. K. Pramanick, Neeraj Sharma, Anil Handa and Usha Sharma. 2013. Simultaneous detection of Apple Chlorotic Leaf Spot Virus and Apple mosaic virus in crab apples and apple rootstocks by duplex RT-PCR. Scientia Horticulturae. 164:88-93
- Watpade Santosh, Rakesh Kumar, Kallol Kumar Pramanick, Arun Kumar Shukla, Jitender Kumar, Priyank H. Mhatre and Usha Sharma. 2021. Management of premature leaf fall (Marssonina coronaria) of apple with new generation fungicides in the North‐Western Himalayan Region of India. Journal of Phytopathology 169:724-732 https://doi.org/10.1111/jph.13044.
- Santosh Watpade, Kailash Chandra Naga, Kallol Kumar Pramanick, Rahul Kumar Tiwari, Ravinder Kumar, Arun Kumar Shukla, Priyank Hanuman Mhatre, Milan Kumar Lal, Dharam Pal & N. Manjunatha.2023. First report of powdery mildew of pomegranate (Punica granatum) caused by Erysiphe punicae in India. Journal of Plant Diseases and Protection 130:651–656. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41348-023-00718-8.
- Watpade Santosh, Baswaraj Raigond, P. D. Thakur, Anil Handa, K. K. Pramanick, Y. P. Sharma and Manica Tomar. 2012. Molecular Detection of Latent Apple chlorotic leaf spot virus in Elite Mother Plants of Apple. Indian Journal of Virology. 23(3):359-363.
- Watpade Santosh, Rakesh Kumar, Pooja Bhardwaj, Kallol Kumar Pramanick, Arun Kumar Shukla, Baswaraj Raigond, Jitender Kumar, Usha Sharma, Sumit Vashisth & Sudhir Verma. 2021. Establishment of virus-free elite mother orchards of apple in the Trans-Himalayan region of India. Indian Phytopathology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42360-021-00412-5
- Watpade, S., Mhatre, P.H., Pramanick, K.K. Shukla, A.K., Kumar, J. and Sharma U. (2022) Studies on management of white root rot of apple caused by Dematophora necatrix. Indian Phytopathology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42360-022-00481-0
- R Rai, SM Paul Khurana, S Kumar, SK Sharma, S Watpade, VK Baranwal. 2017. Characterization of grapevine leafroll-associated virus 4 from Indian vineyards. Journal of Plant Pathology, 99(1)
- Sharma, U., Watpade, S., Gupta, B., Raigond, B., Kumari, N., Bhardwaj, P., Handa, A. and Gupta, P. (2020). Economic losses due to infection by apple scar skin viroid in Himachal Pradesh, India. Virus disease. 31: 490-496.
- Watpade Santosh, Baswaraj Raigond, Anil Handa, Pooja Bhardwaj, KK Pramanick, Ambika Verma, Shelly Kapoor, Usha Sharma. 2018. RT-LAMP detection of Apple chlorotic leaf spot virus in apple and pear. Plant Disease Research. 33(1): 94-98.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Establishement of virus free elite mother blocks of apple in the trans Himalayan region of India
- Molecular detection of 5 apple viruses and 1 viroid
- Identification of new generation fungicides for the management of premature leaf fall (Marssonina coronaria)
- Optimization of "Apple woolly aphid trap" for eco-friendly management woolly aphids
- Wheat varieties HS 542, HS 562 and BSH 400 (Co-developer)
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Young Scientist Award 2023 by Himalayan Phyto-pathological Society, Nauni
- Young Agricultural Scientist Award 2022 by Dr B. Vasantraj David Foundation
- Young Scientist Award in 4th International Conference on Global Approaches in Natural Resource Management for Climate Smart Agriculture (GNRSA-2020)
- Junior Research Fellowship for Post graduation