M.Sc. : Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Srinagar
Ph.D : CCS, Meerut University, Meerut
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Plant Physiology
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 8
Ph.D : 8
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Gurumurthy S, Arora A*, Harikrishna, Chinnusamy V, Hazra KK. 2023. Genotypic capacity of post-anthesis stem reserve mobilization in wheat for yield sustainability under drought and heat stress in subtropical region. Frontiers in Genetics 14 doi: 10.3389/fgene.2023.1180941
- Kumar R, Harikrishna, Barman D, Ghimire OP, Gurumurthy S, Singh PK, Chinnusamy V, Padaria JS, Arora A*. 2022. Stay-green trait serves as yield stability attribute under combined heat and drought stress in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Plant Growth Regulation 96: 67-78.
- Changwal C, Shukla T, Husain Z, Singh N, Kar A, Singh VP, Abdin MZ, Arora A*. 2021. Regulation of postharvest tomato fruit ripening by endogenous salicylic acid. Frontiers in Plant Science 12: 768.
- Agarwal G, Choudhary D, Singh VP, Arora A*. 2012. Role of ethylene receptors during senescence and ripening in horticultural crops. Plant Signaling Behavior, 7(7): 827-846.
- Arora A*, Singh VP. 2004. Cysteine protease gene expression and proteolytic activity during floral development and senescence in ethylene-insensitive gladiolus. J. Plant Biochem. Biotech., 13 (2): 123-126.
- Arora A*, Choudhary D, Agarwal G, Singh VP. 2008. Compositional variation in β-carotene content, carbohydrate and antioxidant enzymes in selected banana cultivars. Int. J. Food Sci. Technology 43(11): 1913-1921.
- Arora A, Watanabe S, Ma B, Takada K, Ezura H. 2006. A novel ethylene receptor homolog gene isolated from ethylene-insensitive flowers of gladiolus (Gladiolus grandiflora hort.). Biochem. Biophysical Research Communications 351(3): 739-44.
- Arora A*, Mohan J. 2001. Expression of dwarfing genes under nitrogen and moisture stress in wheat (Triticum sps.): Dry matter partitioning, root growth and leaf nitrogen. J. Agron. Crop Sci. 186(2): 111-118.
- Arora A*, Singh VP. 1998. Physiological factors limiting grain growth in wheat ears cultured in sucrose solution. J. Agron. & Crop Sci.181 (1): 7-11.
- Arora A*, Yaduraju NT. 1998. High temperature effects on germination and viability of weed seeds in soil. J. Agron. & Crop Sci. 181(1): 35-43.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Contributed for the development of Wheat varieties: Varieties approved, released and notified by the Central Variety Release Committee: 1. HD3086-2014; 2. HD3118-2015; 3. HS562-2016; 4. HD3237-2019; 5. HD3086 (NEPZ)-2019; 6. HD3271-2019
- Development of Technologies/ Product: 5-Sulphosalicylic acids & Nitric Oxide delays the vase life of flowers & other horticultural perishables; Enhancement of nutritional quality of banana fruits by manipulating carotenoid biosynthetic pathway genes
- Development of Concept, Theory, Processes: Cloned full-length ethylene-receptor genes, GgERS1a and GgERS1b; providing ethylene-insensitivity and ultimately delay the senescence; Functional validation by development of tomato transgenic for delayed ripening
- Physiological & molecular elucidation of heat stress tolerance in wheat; Water deficit stress can be avoided by using a concoction of plant growth regulators; Role of ABA in ethylene-insensitive flower senescence; Established the significance of Staygreen & SRM traits in combined stress of drought & heat tolerance in wheat.
- Patents/ Copyrights & Commercialization: Wheat varieties protected under PPV&FR and commercialized.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Nanaji Deshmukh ICAR Award for Outstanding Interdisciplinary Team Research in Agricultural & Allied Sciences (2015-16)
- Japanese Society for Promotion of Sciences (JSPS) Post Doctorate Fellowship (PDF) by DST, Govt. of India, for advance research in the area of Plant Molecular Physiology at University of Tsukuba, Japan (2001-2003)
- IARI Best Teacher Award-2013; J.J. Chinoy Gold Medal Award by Indian Society for Plant Physiology (ISPP) -2010; The Academy for the Advancement of Agricultural Sciences (AAAS Award by ISPP)-2007; Fellow of ISPP-2007; Fellow, JSPS-2003.
- Member, Research Advisory Committee (RAC) of ICAR-Indian Institute of Oilseeds Research (IIOR), Hyderabad-(2016-19)
- Editor-in-Chief, Indian Journal of Plant Physiology-IJPP (2010-12); Editor, IJPP (2013-19); Guest Editor, IJPP (Special Issue: Forward & Reverse Genetics for Crop Improvement-2018); Vice President-Indian Society for Plant Physiology-2013