M.Sc. : Indian Agricultural Research Institute
Ph.D : Indian Agricultural Research Institute
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Microbiology
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 7
Ph.D : 7
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Manjunatha B.S., Sangeeta Paul, Chetana Aggarwal, S. Bandeppa, V. Govindasamy, Ajinath S. Dukare, Maheshwar S Rathi, CT Satyavathi, K Annapurna. (2019). Diversity and tissue preference of osmotolerant bacterial endophytes associated with pearl millet genotypes having differential drought susceptibilities. Microbial Ecology. 77: 676-688.
- Bandeppa S., Sangeeta Paul, Jyoti Kumar Thakur, Chandrashekar N., Deepika Kumar Umesh, Chetana Aggarwal, A.D. Asha (2019). Antioxidant, physiological and biochemical responses of drought susceptible and drought tolerant mustard (Brassica juncea L) genotypes to rhizobacterial inoculation under water deficit stress. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry. 143: 19-28.
- Bandeppa, Sangeeta Paul, Chetana Agarwal and Maheshwar Singh Rathi. (2018). Characterization of osmotolerant rhizobacteria for plant growth promoting activities in vitro and during plant-microbe association under osmotic stress. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology. 56: 582-589.
- Chetana Aggarwal, Sangeeta Paul, Vishwas Tripathi, Bishwajeet Paul and Md. Aslam Khan (2017). Characterization of putative virulence factors of Serratia marcescens strain SEN for pathogenesis in Spodoptera litura. Journal of Invertebrate Pathology. 143: 115-123.
- Chetana Aggarwal, Sangeeta Paul, Vishwas Tripathi, Bishwajeet Paul and Md. Aslam Khan (2015). Chitinolytic activity in Serratia marcescens (strain SEN) and potency against different instars of Spodoptera litura (Fab.) with effect of sublethal doses on insect development. BioControl. 60: 631-640.
- Sangeeta Paul, Chetana Aggarwal, Jyoti Kumar Thakur, Bandeppa, Md. Aslam Khan, Lauren M Pearson, Gyorgy Babnigg, Carol S Giometti and Andrzej Joachimiak. (2015). Induction of osmoadaptive mechanisms and modulation of cellular physiology help Bacillus licheniformis strain SSA 61 adapt to salt stress. Current Microbiology. 70: 610-617.
- Thakur J.K., Sangeeta Paul, Dureja P., Annapurna K., Padaria J.C. and Gopal M. (2014). Degradation of sulphonated Azo dye Red HE7B by Bacillus sp. and elucidation of degradative pathways. Current Microbiology. 69: 183-191.
- Sangeeta Paul, Paul B., Khan M.A., Chetana Aggarwal, Thakur J.K. and Rathi M.S. (2013). Effects of lindane on lindane-degrading Azotobacter chroococcum; evaluation of toxicity of possible degradation product(s) on plant and insect. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology. 90: 351-356.
- Jose T.C., Sangeeta Paul, Dureja P. and Dhar D.W. (2010). Physiological studies on endorhizospheric establishment of Azotobacter chroococcum in wheat. Journal of Basic Microbiology. 50: 266-273.
- Anupama K.S. and Sangeeta Paul (2010). Ex situ and in situ biodegradation of lindane by Azotobacter chroococcum. Journal of Environmental Science and Health Part B Pesticides Food Contaminants and Agricultural Wastes 45:58-66.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Patent entitled "Liquid Bioinoculant of Azotobacter chroococcum and the Process Thereof." Application no. 518/DEL/2011- Patent no. 338098