M.Sc. : 2007 (Indian Agricultural Research Institute)
Ph.D : 2010 (Indian Agricultural Research Institute, Rothamsted Research)
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Nematology
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 3
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Dutta TK*, Mandal A, Kundu A, Phani V, Mathur C, Veeresh A, Sreevathsa R (2022). RNAi-mediated knockdown of gut receptor-like genes prohibitin and ?-amylase altered the susceptibility of Galleria mellonella to Cry1AcF toxin. BMC Genomics 23:601 DOI: 10.1186/s12864-022-08843-8 (NAAS score - 10.56)
- Dutta TK*, Veeresh A, Mathur C, Phani A, Mandal A, Sagar D, Nebapure SM (2021). The induced knockdown of GmCAD receptor protein encoding gene in Galleria mellonella decreased the insect susceptibility to a Photorhabdus akhurstii oral toxin. Virulence 12:2957-2971 DOI: 10.1080/21505594.2021.2006996 (NAAS score - 11.43)
- Santhoshkumar K, Mathur C, Mandal A, Dutta TK* (2021). A toxin complex protein from Photorhabdus akhurstii conferred oral insecticidal activity against Galleria mellonella by targeting the midgut epithelium. Microbiological Research 242:126642 DOI: 10.1016/j.micres.2020.126642 (NAAS score - 11.07)
- Dutta TK, Papolu PK, Singh D, Sreevathsa R, Rao U (2020). Expression interference of a number of Heterodera avenae conserved genes perturbs nematode parasitic success in Triticum aestivum. Plant Science 301:110670 DOI: 10.1016/j.plantsci.2020.110670 (NAAS score - 11.36)
- Shankhu PY, Mathur C, Mandal A, Sagar D, Somvanshi VS, Dutta TK* (2020). Txp40, a protein from Photorhabdus akhurstii conferred potent insecticidal activity against the larvae of Helicoverpa armigera, Spodoptera litura and S. exigua. Pest Management Science 76(6):2004-2014. DOI: 10.1002/ps.5732 (NAAS score - 10.46)
- Mathur C, Phani V, Kushwah J, Somvanshi VS, Dutta TK* (2019). TcaB, an insecticidal protein from Photorhabdus akhurstii causes cytotoxicity in the greater wax moth, Galleria mellonella. Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology 157:219-229. DOI: 10.1016/j.pestbp.2019.03.019 (NAAS score - 10.97)
- Shivakumara TN, Chaudhary S, Kamaraju D, Dutta TK*, Papolu PK, Banakar P, Sreevathsa R, Singh B, Manjaiah KM, Rao U (2017). Host-induced silencing of two pharyngeal gland genes conferred transcriptional alteration of cell wall-modifying enzymes of Meloidogyne incognita vis-à-vis perturbed nematode infectivity in eggplant. Frontiers in Plant Science 8:473. DOI: 10.3389/fpls.2017.00473 (NAAS score - 12.63)
- Papolu PK, Dutta TK*, Tyagi N, Urwin PE, Lilley CJ, Rao U (2016). Expression of a cystatin transgene in eggplant provides resistance to root-knot nematode, Meloidogyne incognita. Frontiers in Plant Science 7:1122. DOI: 10.3389/fpls.2016.01122 (NAAS score - 12.63)
- Kumari C, Dutta TK*, Banakar P, Rao U (2016). Comparing the defence-related gene expression changes upon root-knot nematode attack in susceptible versus resistant cultivars of rice. Scientific Reports 6:22846 DOI: 10.1038/srep22846 (NAAS score - 10.99)
- Dutta TK*, Papolu PK, Banakar P, Choudhary D, Sirohi A, Rao U (2015). Tomato transgenic plants expressing hairpin construct of a nematode protease gene conferred enhanced resistance to root-knot nematodes. Frontiers in Microbiology 6:260. DOI: 10.3389/fmicb.2015.00260 (NAAS score - 12.06)
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- A modified Y-chamber/Y-tube olfactometer was designed and constructed to perform laboratory bioassays on nematode chemotaxis to different plant roots.
- Soil less pluronic gel system was developed for nematode culturing and screening of nematode infection in plant.
- Tracking of exogenously applied biomolecules in nematode body.
- Estimation of lipid utilization in different developmental stages of plant nematodes.
- Functional analysis of chemotaxis and neuromusculation process in nematodes by in situ hybridization and gene knock-down.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Associate Fellow, National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
- Young Scientist research grant by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)-DST, Government of India
- Jawaharlal Nehru award conferred by ICAR, Crop Protection Young Scientist Award conferred by Association for Advancement in Plant Protection (AAPP)
- Editorial Board Member: BMC Plant Biology, BMC Genomics, PeerJ, Plos One; Guest Editor: Frontiers in Plant Science, Editor: Indian Journal of Nematology (2015-18)
- IARI merit medal for the best Ph.D. thesis