M.Sc. : Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, Punjab
Ph.D : Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Division of Agricultural Economics
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Valiyaveettil, Renjini Raman, Girish Kumar Jha, and Babita Kathayat (2023). Pushing for Self-sufficiency in Edible Oils in India in the Aftermath of Recent Global Events. National Academy Science Letters : 1-4.
- Renjini, V. R., Praveen, K. V., Singh, A., & Venkatesh, P. (2022). A bibliometric analysis of global research on biofortification. Indian Journal of Extension Education, 58(1), 24-29
- Rasheed, S., Venkatesh, P., Singh, D. R., Renjini, R. V., Jha, G. K., & Sharma, D. K. (2022). Public Intervention for Conservation of Paddy Ecosystems—An Empirical Evidence from Kerala, India. National Academy Science Letters, 45(4), 287-289
- Renjini, V R, Girish K Jha and J P Sinha (2021) Economic feasibility of solar irrigation pump in India: An insight from Andhra Pradesh. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 91 (2): 236–9, February 2021.
- Rasheed, S., Venkatesh, P., Singh, D. R., Renjini, V. R., Jha, G. K., & Sharma, D. K. (2021). Ecosystem valuation and eco-compensation for conservation of traditional paddy ecosystems and varieties in Kerala, India. Ecosystem Services, 49, 101272:1-9
- P Venkatesh, D R Singh, Jaiprakash Bisen, V Sangeetha, Suresh Kumar, Renjini V.R, M Balasubramanian, Girish K Jha, Alka Singh (2021) Assessment of farm constraints and income losses during COVID-19 lockdown in India. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 91(4): 639-43, April 2021
- Rasheed, Shenaz, P. Venkatesh, Dharam Raj Singh, V. R. Renjini, Girish Kumar Jha, and Dinesh Kumar Sharma (2021) Who cultivates traditional paddy varieties and why? Findings from Kerala, India. Current Science 121: 9 (2021): 1188-1193.
- P Venkatesh, Barun D Pal, Sarvesh K Dubey, V Sangeetha, Balasubramanian, Renjini V R, D R Singh, Amit Kar, Balaji S J, and Suresh Pal (2020) Structural transformation, export promotion policy options, and its impact on the Indian economy: A social accounting matrix (SAM) approach. Agricultural Economics Research Review 33(1):9-21
- Renjini, V. R. and Girish K Jha (2019) Oilseeds sector in India: A trade policy perspective. Indian Journal of Agricultural Science, 89(1):73-78.
- Renjini, V R, Amit Kar, G K Jha, Pramod Kumar and R R Burman (2017) Agricultural trade potential between India and ASEAN: an application of gravity model. Agricultural Economics Research Review, 30(1):105-112.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- N A Mujumdar prize award for the best paper presented on 'Production, export and competitiveness of fish and fisheries product in India: An analysis across technology and policy phases', by Suresh A, Geethalakshmi V, Renjini V R, Neethumol Jacob at Annual conference of Indian society of agricultural economics, Central Agricultural University, Imphal during November 10-12, 2022.
- Dr. R.T. Doshi First Prize for the best paper published on 'Structural transformation, export promotion policy options, and their impact on the Indian economy: a social accounting matrix (SAM) approach' by P Venkatesh, Barun D Pal, Sarvesh K Dubey, V Sangeetha, Balasubramanian M, Renjini V R, D R Singh, Amit Kar, Balaji S J, Agricultural Economics Research Review (2020)-33(1) 9-21.
- N A Mujumdar prize award for the best paper presented on crop residue production and bioenergy potential in India; crop and regional level analysis by P. Venkatesh, Renjini.V.R., Sen, Biswajit, Dubey K Sarvesh, Balasubramanian, M, V Sangeetha, V and Jha, GK. at 78th Annual conference of Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, Nov 1-3, 2018,Institute of Economic Growth, New Delhi
- Editorial Board Member, Indian Journal of Economics and Development, Ludhiana (2018-2021)
- Recipient of ICAR-JRF Fellowship for M.Sc, PAU Merit certificate for Academic Excellence in MSc, ICAR-SRF, UGC-NET, UGC fellowship for PhD