M.Sc. : TNAU, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
Ph.D : ICAR-IARI, New Delhi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Seed Technology
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 4
Ph.D : 1
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Kumar, M. B. A., Vakeswaran, V. and Krishnasamy, V (2005). Enhancement of synthetic seed conversion to seedlings in hybrid rice. Plant Cell Tissue and Organ Culture, 81(1):97-100
- Kumar, M. B. A., Anuradha Varier, Sherry, R. J., Aruna Kumari, K., Malavika Dadlani and Sharma, S.P. (2005) Characterization of pearl millet [Pennisetum glaucum (L.) R.Br.] genotypes by seedling anthocyanin pigmentation and seed characters. Seed Science and Technology 33(1): 215-226
- Kumar, M. B. A., Sherry R.J., Anuradha Varier and Sharma S.P. (2005). Seed esterases � A descriptor for characterization of pearl millet (Pennisetum glaucum (L.)R.Br.) genotypes. The Indian Journal of Genetics and Plant Breeding 64(4): 267-270
- Kumar, M. B. A., Sherry, R. J. and Anuradha Varier (2006). A rapid protocol to test genetic purity of pearl millet (Pennisetum glaucum (L.) R.Br.) genotypes Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 76(2): 120-121
- Kumar, M.B.A., Sherry, R. J., Anuradha Varier and Dadlani, M. (2007) Suitability of seed esterases for establishing distinctness, uniformity and stability of pearl millet genotypes. Current Science 93(7): 951-956
- Kumar, M.B.A., Ruth, C.M. and Nonogaki, H. (2011) Isolation of miRNAs that regulate seed germination and dormancy. Methods in Molecular Biology, 773(4): 199-213
- Kumar, M.B.A., Dadlani, M., Kumar, R. and Jacob, S.R. (2014). Identification and validation of informative SSR markers suitable for ensuring the genetic purity of brinjal (Solanum melongena L.) hybrid seeds. Scientia Horticultrae, 175: 95-100.
- Kumar, S., Jacob, S.R., Satyavathi, T.C., Dadlani, M. and Kumar M.B.A. (2015). Utility of SSR markers in assessing the purity and identity of pearl millet hybrids. Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 25(1): 121-124
- Jha, N.K., Jacob, S.R., Napolean, T., Jain, S.K. and Kumar M.B.A. (2016). SSR markers based DNA fingerprinting and it�s utility in testing purity of eggplant hybrid seeds. Quality Assurance and Safety of Crops & Foods, 8(3): 333-338
- Jacob, S.R., Kumar, M.B.A., Varghese, E. and Sinha, S.N. (2016) Hydrophilic polymer film coat as a micro-container of individual seed facilitates safe storage of tomato seeds. Scientia Horticulturae 204:116-122
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Kumar, J., Nisar, K., Walia, S., Kumar, M.B.A. and Parmar, B.S. (2010). Polymeric seed coats based on bioactive botanicals. Indian Patent No. 244542.
- Application of DNA markers to establish the identity, DUS and genetic purity in different crops like pearl millet, brinjal, tomato, rose, etc.
- Seed coating techniques for the effective delivery of pesticides and micronutrients.
- Elucidating the molecular mechanism of seed germination and seedling establishment: Role of micro-RNA (miRNA) 156 and 172 in Arabidopsis seedling establishment has been elucidated. The detailed methodology for extraction of miRNAs from the seeds was devel
- Pearl millet variety PUSA Composite 701 and hybrid PUSA 1201
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- CSIR Fellowship 1999
- Fast Track Fellowship 2006
- BOYSCAST Fellowship 2008