M.Sc. : Division of Plant Pathology, ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi, 2000, JRF ICAR, All India Rank 7 in Plant Science
Ph.D : Division of Plant Pathology, ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi, 2004, Merit medal ( Gold Medal) and Divisional Medal
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Seed Technology
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 05
Ph.D : 6
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Nawade B, Mishra GP, Radhakrishnan T, Dodia SM, Ahmad S, Kumar A, Kumar A, Kundu R. (2018). High oleic peanut breeding: Achievements, perspectives, and prospects. Trends Food Sci. Technol. (NAAS ID: T092; pg. 107-119 (NAAS rating- 17.07).
- Gyan P Mishra, Harsh K Dikshit, Ramesh SV, Kuldeep Tripathi, Ranjeet R Kumar, Muraleedhar Aski, Akanksha Singh, Anirban Roy, Nikki Kumari, Uttarayan Dasgupta, Atul Kumar, Shelly Praveen, Ramakrishnan M Nair (2020) Yellow mosaic disease (YMD) of mungbean (Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek): Current status and management opportunities. Frontiers in Plant Sciences vol 11. 918, pages 1-24, June 2020 (NAAS rating: 10.40)
- Sandra, N., Tripathi, A., Lal, S. K., Kumar, A., Mandal, B and Jain, R. K (2018) First Report of Soybean yellow mottle mosaic virus on Soybean (Glycine Max) in India Plant Disease American Phytopathological Society, New York ISSN: 0191-2917 NAAS ID: P092 (NAAS rating- 9.81)
- Kumar, P., Mishra, S., Kumar, A and Kumar, S. In vivo and in vitro control activity of plant essential oils against three strains of Aspergillus niger. Environ Sci Pollut Res ISSN:0944-1344 E087 NAAS ID DOI 10.1007/s11356-017-9730-x (NAAS rating- 9.06)
- Yalamalle V R, Tomar B S, Kumar A and Shabeer T P Ahammed (2019). Seed soak method for application of plant protectants for increasing pesticide use efficiency, healthy crop and higher yield in garlic (Allium sativum L.) Scientia Horticulturae 257 (2019) 108703 (NAAS Rating: 8.77)
- Uttarayan Dasgupta, Gyan Prakash Mishra, Harsh K. Dikshit ,Dwijesh C. Mishra, Tejas Bosamia, Anirban Roy, Jyotika Bhati, Priti, Muraleedhar Aski, Ranjeet R. Kumar, Amit K. Singh, Atul Kumar, Subodh K. Sinha, Shiksha Chaurasia, Shelly Praveen and Ramakrishnan M. Nair (2021) Comparative RNA-Seq analysis unfolds a complex regulatory network imparting yellow mosaic disease resistance in mungbean [Vigna radiata (L.) R. Wilczek] PLOS ONE, January 12, 2021 pages 1-24, ( NAAS rating 8.74)
- Kumar, P., Mishra, S., Kumar, A and Sharma, A.K Antifungal efficacy of plant essential oils against stored grain fungi of Fusarium spp. J. Food. Sci. Technol ISSN: 0022-1155 NAAS ID- J226: 53(10) 2016: 3725�3734 (NAAS rating- 7.95)
- Kumar, A., Solanki, I.S., Akhtar, J. and Gupta, V. (2016) Morpho-molecular diversity of Bipolaris oryzae causing brown spot of paddy. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 86 (5) 2016: 615-20 (NAAS rating : 6.37)
- Venkatesh, M.G., Kumar, A.,* Joshi, M.A., Singh, A. K., Dubey,S.C and Bhoumick, P.K. (2019) Molecular characterization of Sarocladium oryzae isolates causing sheath rot in paddy. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 89 (11):1865-1870. (NAAS rating: 6.37)
- Javeria, S., Kumar, A.,* Kharakwal, C.A., Varma, A and Sharma, P. ( 2020) Exploiting plant growth promoting Trichoderma for lentil wilt management. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 90 (5):1020-1024. (NAAS rating: 6.37)
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Contributed in development of a Chickpea variety, Birsa Chana-3 as Plant pathologist from SVRC Ranchi Jharkhand in 2010.
- Resistant genetic stocks of wheat against spot blotch of wheat identified and published. (Evaluation of sources of resistance to leaf blight (Bipolaris sorokiniana and Alternaria triticina) in wheat (Triticum aestivum) and Triticale in Indian Phytopath i
- Management of spot blotch in wheat worked out and published. (Management of spot blotch of wheat caused by Bipolaris sorokiniana in wheat using fungicides. Indian Phytopath 2015. Management of brown spot in Paddy worked out and published. (Efficacy of Pseudomonas flourescens and combination fungicide as seed treatment and foliar spray for management of brown spot of paddy in Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology in 2016.
- Seed soak method for application of plant protectants for increasing pesticide use efficiency, healthy crop and higher yield in garlic (Allium sativum L.) was worked out and published in Scientia Horticulturae in 2019.
- Developed eight technologies from experimentation of last 7 years under AICRP NSP Crops , Seed pathology component under STR in collaboration with various centers from India, Got Certificate for Technology Development from Director Indian Institute of Seed science , Mau in 2022 ( 3) and 2023 ( 05).
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- University topper with Distinction in Graduation from RAU Pusa , TCA Dholi, 1998, Merit Scholarship throughout graduation studies. All India rank 3 in 1997 and All India Rank 7 in 1998 in JRF examination of ICAR in Plant Sciences group, JRF from ICAR in M.Sc at IARI New Delhi
- Merit Medal for outstanding Academic Performance in Ph.D from ICAR-IARI New Delhi, Suniti Bala RayChaudhari medal for best Ph.D. student of the Division of Plant Pathology by Division of Plant Pathology, ICAR-IARI New Delhi.
- Fast track scholarship for scientists below the age of 35 years by SERB DST in form of grant of Rs 21 lakhs for three years in 2012 and core research grant project from SERB (DST) with a grant of Rs 27.18 lakhs in 2018.
- ICAR award: Choudhary Devilal Outstanding AICRP center award to IISS Mau, AICRP NSP crops in 2021, Associated as PI of Seed Pathology component since 2019.
- Post Doc from DPI&F, Queensland, Australia for 6 months from BAU, Ranchi 2008-2009.