M.Sc. : Acharya N G Ranga Agricultural Univeristy,Hyderabad
Ph.D : ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute,New Delhi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Agricultural Economics
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 6
Ph.D : 0
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- P. Venkatesh and Suresh Pal (2013) Determinants and Valuation of Plant Variety Protection in India. Journal of Intellectual Property Rights, 18: 448-456.
- V. Sangeetha, Ram Bahal, Premlata Singh and P. Venkatesh (2013) Impact of NGO-led self-help groups on the empowerment of rural women � experiences from South India. Outlook on Agriculture, 42(1):59-63.
- P.Venkatesh , Nithyashree M L, V Sangeetha and Suresh Pal (2015) Trends in agriculture, non-farm sector and rural employment in India: An insight from state level analysis. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 85 (5): 671�677.
- Babu S C, Huang J, Venkatesh P and Zhang Y. (2015) A comparative analysis of agricultural research and extension reforms in China and India. China Agricultural Economic Review, 7 (4): 541-572. DOI 10.1108/CAER-05-2015-0054.
- P.Venkatesh , I.Sekar, G.K.Jha, Premlata Singh, V.Sangeetha and Suresh Pal (2016). How do the stakeholders perceive plant variety protection in Indian seed sector? Current Science, 110 (12): 2239-2244.
- Sangeetha V, P Singh, G S Mahra, S Sarkar, Venkatesh P , Satyapriya, B S Tomar, M Wason (2017). Assessment of food consumption pattern in Uttar Pradesh: A dietary diversity study. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 87 (6): 846�52.
- Baliwada H, Sharma J. P. Burman R. R, Nain M. S., Kumar.A and Venkatesh P. (2017) A study on institutionalization of farmer-led innovations for their scaling up. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 87 (12): 1725�1729.
- Sangeeta B, P Venkatesh, KS Aditya, Rajarshi Roy Burman (2020) The Macro and Micro Point of View of Farmer Suicides in India , National Academy Science Letters. Pp 1-7. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40009-020-00920-4
- R Shenaz, P Venkatesh, DR Singh, VR Renjini, GK Jha, DK Sharma (2021)Ecosystem valuation and eco-compensation for conservation of traditional paddy ecosystems and varieties in Kerala, India. Ecosystem Services, 49;1-9
- 1. S Rasheed , P. Venkatesh , D R Singh , V.R. Renjini , G K Jha, D K Sharma (2021) Who cultivates traditional paddy varieties and why? Findings from Kerala, India.Current Science (Forthcoming)
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- ICAR-Jawaharlal Nehru Best Doctoral Thesis Award (2014) by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi.
- Uma Lele Mentor Fellowship Award 2021 and AAEA Trust LILMI Travel Grant Award (2015) by Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA), USA
- Emerald Literati Network Awards (2016) by Emerald Literati Network, Emerald Publishing Limited, Yorkshire, U.K.
- Dr.N.A.Majumder Prize Award (2018) by Indian Society of Agricultural Economics (IASE), Mumbai
- Dr.R.T.Doshi Award for Best Presentation 2014 and Young Agricultural Economist Award (2019) by Agricultural Economics Research Association (AERA), New Delhi.