M.Sc. : Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya
Ph.D : Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Soil Science
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 4
Ph.D : 2 (Continuing)
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Biswas, S*., Singh, P., Rahaman, R., Patil, K.V. (2023). Soil quality and crop productivity under 34 years old long-term rainfed rice-based cropping system in an Inceptisol of sub-tropical India. Frontiers in Soil Science. 3:1155712. doi: 10.3389/fsoil.2023.1155712.
- Ghorai, P.S., Biswas, S*., Purakayastha, T.J., Ahmed, N., Das, T.K., Prasanna, R., Gawade, B.H., Bhattacharyya, K., Singh, P., Das, S. (2022). Indicators of soil quality and crop productivity assessment at a long term experiment site in the lower Indo-Gangetic plains. Soil Use and Management 022;00:1–18.DOI: 10.1111/sum.12847.
- Biswas, S*., Das, T. K., Bhattacharyya, R., Das, S., Dwivedi, B.S. (2021). Biological soil quality and seasonal variation on enzyme activities under conservation agriculture-based rice-mustard system in the Indo-Gangetic Plains. Soil Research https://doi.org/10.1071/SR21054.
- Biswas, S*., Kundu, D.K., Mazumdar, S.P., Saha, A.R., Majumder, B., Ghorai, A.K., Ghosh, D., Yadav, A.N. and Saxena, A.K. 2018. Long term effect of manure and fertilization on activity and diversity of bacteria in sub-tropical Inceptisol with rice-wheat-jute cropping system. Journal of Environmental biology 39 (3), 379-386.
- Biswas, S., Hazra, G. C., Purakayastha, T. J., Saha, N., Mitran, T., Singha Roy S., Basak, N., Mandal, B. 2017. Establishment of critical limits of indicators and indices of soil quality in rice-rice cropping systems under different soil orders. Geoderma 292, 34-48.
- Das, T. K., Nath, C.P., Das, S., Biswas, S., Bhattacharyya, R., Sudhishri, S., Raja, R., Singh, B., Kakralia, S. K., Rathi, N., Sharma, A. R., Dwivedi, B.S., Biswas, A. K., Choudhari, S.K. (2020). Agriculture in rice-mustard cropping system for five years: Impacts on crop productivity, profitability, water-use efficiency, and soil properties. Field Crops Research 250, 107781.
- Purakayastha, T.J., Bera, T., Bhaduri, D., Sarkar, B., Mandal, S., Wade, P., Kumari, S., Biswas, S., Menon, M., Pathak, H., Tsang, D.C.W. 2019. A review on biochar modulated soil condition improvements and nutrient dynamics concerning crop yields: Pathways to climate change mitigation and global food security. Chemosphere, 227, 345-365.
- Purakayastha, T.J., Pathak, H., Kumari, S., Biswas, S., Chakrabarti, B., Padaria, R.N., Kamble, K., Pandey, M., Sasmal, S., Singh, A. 2019. Soil health card development for efficient soil management in Haryana, India. Soil & Tillage Research, 191, 294-305.
- Das, R., Purakayastha, T.J., Das, D., Ahmed, N., Kumar, R., Biswas, S.,Walia, S.S., Singh, R., Shukla, V.K., Yadava, M.S., Ravisankar, N., Datta, S.C. 2019. Long-term fertilization and manuring with different organics alter stability of carbon in colloidal organo-mineral fraction in soils of varying clay mineralogy. Science of the Total Environment, 684, 682-693.
- Purakayastha, T.J., Das, R., Kumari, S., Shivay, Y.S., Biswas, S., Kumar, D., Chakrabarti, B. 2019. Impact of continuous organic manuring on mechanisms and processes of the stabilisation of soil organic C under rice�wheat cropping system, Soil Research, 58(1), 73-83d.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Developed decision support system (DSS) with minimum indicators for online assessment of soil health
- Established critical limits of soil quality indicators and indices in rice-rice cropping system under different soil orders of India.
- Developed protocol for assessment of biological soil health under conservation agriculture based systems
- Identified key soil health indicators and indices with their critical limits under different agro-ecological regions of India
- Developed protocol for assessment of resistance and resilience of soil
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- �Early Career Research Award� for the project proposal on �Identification of key indicators and establishment of their critical limits in assessing soil health under different agro-ecological regions of India� by SERB, DST under ECRA Scheme in August, 2018.
- Best Innovative Woman Scientist Award by Society for Advancement of Agricultural Innovations (SAAI), Khowai, West Tripura in 2018.
- Best oral presentation award in 1st Farm Innovation Congress (FIC) by Society for Advancement of Agricultural Innovations (SAAI), Khowai, West Tripura in 2018.
- Best poster presentation award by International Plant Nutrition Institute (IPNI), New Delhi in 2017.
- Senior Research Fellowship by NAIP, ICAR