M.Sc. : GKVK, UAS, Bengaluru
Ph.D : TNAU, Coimbatore
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Seed Science & Technology
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- � H.P. Vijayakumar, Vijayakumar A., Srimathi P., Somasundaram G., Rajendra Prasad S., Natarajan S., Raja K., Dhandapani R and Vishwanath, K. 2019, Correlation among physiological and histological changes in soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merrill) seeds during storage, Journal of Environmental Biology, 40 (2), 217-225. (NAAS rating: 6.56)
- � H.P. Vijayakumar, Vijayakumar A., Srimathi P., Somasundaram G., Rajendra Prasad S., Natarajan S., Dhandapani, R., Boraiah, K.M and Vishwanath. 2019. Biochemical changes in naturally aged seeds of soybean genotypes with good and poor storability. Legume Research, 42(6), 782-788. (NAAS rating: 6.34)
- � Vijayakumar, H.P., Dhandapani, R., Somasundaram, G., Natarajan, S., Ambika Rajendran, Swarnalakshmi, K., Joshy, C.G., Boraiah, K.M. 2021. Salicylic acid improves seed germination through modulating antioxidant enzymes under salt stress in chickpea. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 91(11)-1665-9
- • K.M. Boraiah, M. Byregowda, C.M. Keerthi, H.P. Vijayakumar, S. Ramesh and Mary Reena. 2019. Frequency of heterotic hybrids in relation to parental genetic divergence and general combining ability in blackgram [Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper]. Legume research, 42(5) 2019:595-602. (NAAS Rating: 6.34)
- • Dhandapani Raju, P. Avinash, H. P. Vijayakumar, Ambika Rajendran, G.Somasundaram, S. Natarajan & S. Rajendra Prasad. 2016. Comparative Protein Fraction Analysis for Commercial Hybrid Seed Purity Testing in Cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). Journal of Natural Fibers, 13 (3): 268–276. (NAAS rating: 7.25)
- • Vijayakumar, H. P and A. Vijayakumar. 2016. Screening of soybean varieties for seed storability using accelerated ageing test. International Journal of Agricultural Science and Research, 6(1):93-98.
- • Vijayakumar, H. P and A. Vijayakumar. 2015. Standardization of accelerated ageing duration to evaluate seed storability of soybean cultivars. International Journal of Agricultural Science and Research, 5(4):93-98
- Vijayakumar, H.P., Vijay, D and Boraiah, K.M. 2021. Bringing farmers’ varieties into the national seed system: a way forward. Seed Tech News Vol.50 (1&2):12-14.
- Boraiah, K.M., Vijay, D., Vijayakumar, H.P., Umesh R. Kamble and Chandu Singh. 2021. Climate smart varieties of paddy and wheat and their status in seed chain. Seed Tech News Vol.50 (3&4):14-16.
- Dhandapani R, Vijayakumar, H.P, Somasundaram G, Ambika Rajendran & Rajendra Prasad S. 2021. Marker assisted seed production (MAP) is realistic in Indian context. Seed Tech News, Vol. 51 (2):5-6
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Received Appreciation letter by Director, IISS, Mau for effective coordination of Seed Technology Research component of AICRP-National Seed Project (Crops) during 2018-19 and 2019-20.
- Received letter of appreciation from Project Director, DSR (ICAR-IISS, Mau) for sincere works done in infrastructure development by facilitating procurement process for overall development of the institute during the year 2009-10 and for facilitating seed science research & coordination of major network project in the institute.
- Received letter of appreciation from project Director, DSR (ICAR-IISS, Mau) for active contribution made in organizing Review Meeting of ICAR Seed Project held during 5-6 January 2009 at NASC complex in New Delhi.