M.Sc. : Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar (Haryana) - 125 004
Ph.D : ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institue, New Delhi - 110 012
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Nematology
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : -
Ph.D : -
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- V. Bamel (2015). Population fluctuation of Tylenchulus semipenetrans Cobb 1913 in citrus orchards of Delhi region.Indian Journal of Nematology 45(2): 244-246.
- V. Bamel and Chandramani Waghmare (2014). Report of Entomopathogenic Nematode, Steinernema siamkayai (Stock, Somsook & Reid 1998) (Steinernematidae: Nematoda) from fields of IARI, New Delhi. Indian Journal of Nematology 44(2): 255-258.
- V. Bamel and R. K. Sonkar (2013). Effect of phorate 10G and neem cake on Tylenchulus semipenetrans Cobb 1912 in a declining Nagpur mandarin orchard in central India. Indian Journal of Nematology 43(I): 70-73.
- V. Bamel, Naved Nabir, Murtaza Hasan and Anil Sirohi (2022). Migration of Infective Juveniles of Entomopathogenic Nematode Heterorhabditis indica in oil after application through Fully Automatic High Pressure Drip Irrigation System Indian Journal of Nematology 52 (1I): 289-292.
- V. Bamel, Naved Sabir, Murtaza Hasan, Anil Sirohi and Sharad Mohan (2022). Application of infective juveniles of entomopathogenic nematode, Heterorhabditis indica, through Low Pressure Drip Irrigation System under protected cultivation system. International journal of tropical Agriculture 40 (1-2): 59-63.
- V. Bamel (2022). Tank-mix Compatibility of the Entomopathogenic Nematode, Heterorhabditis indica, with Selected Chemical Pesticides. International journal of tropical Agriculture 40 (1-2): 65-70.
- V. Bamel, Sachin S. Suroshe, Naved Nabir and Anil Sirohi (2021). Field efficacy of Heterorhabditis indica Poinar, Karunakar & David (Rhabditida: Heterorhabditidae) against tobacco cutworm (Spodoptera litura fab.) infesting soybean. Indian Journal of Nematology 51 (1): 87-89.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Alemow: A promising rootstock for Nagpur mandarin: The long-term studies based on bud union and vegetative growth, fruit yield and quality, leaf nutrient profile, tree survival, insect-pests incidence and nematode population suggested that Alemow showed excellent performance for Nagpur mandarin.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Certificate of Appreciation at National Seminar on Nematology: The Facets of Innovation and Development of Plant Nematology (NSN 2021) organized by Nematological Society of India, New Delhi during 29-30 Oct. 2021.
- Best Paper Award at 13th International Conference on Agriculture, Horticulture and Plant Sciences, New Delhi (25th-26th June 2022).