M.Sc. : ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute
Ph.D : ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 0
Ph.D : 0
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Golui, D., Raza, M.B., Roy, A., Mandal, J., Sahu, A.K., Ray, P., Datta, S.P., Rahman, M.M. and Bezbaruah, A.N. (2023) Arsenic in the soil-plant-human continuum in regions of Asia: Exposure and risk assessment. Current Pollution Reports. DOI: 10.1007/s40726-023-00279-2.
- Raza, M.B., Datta, S.P., *Golui, D., Barman, M., Das, T.K., Sahoo, R.N., Upadhyay, D., Rahman, M.M., Biswaranjan Behera, B. and Naveenkumar, A. (2023) Synthesis and performance evaluation of novel bentonite supported nanoscale zero-valent iron for remediation of arsenic contaminated water and soil. Molecules 28 (5), 2168, DOI:10.3390/molecules28052168.
- Roy, A., Datta, S.P., Barman, M., *Golui, D., Bhattacharyya, S., Meena, M.C., Chinnusamy, V., Pushkar, S., Pandey, P.S. and Rahman, M.M. (2023) Co-application of silicate and low-arsenic-accumulating rice cultivars efficiently reduces human exposure to arsenic— A case study from West Bengal, India. Toxics 11, 64, 1-16. DOI:10.3390/toxics11010064.
- Golui, D., Dali, M., Singh, R., Datta, S.P., Mandal, J., Ray, P., Trivedi, V.K., Gupta, A.K. and Kumar, R. (2022) Assessing soil degradation and risk in relation to metal pollution in Hindon river water irrigated soils of Western Uttar Pradesh of India. Water, Air & Soil Pollution 233,168, 1-13. DOI: 10.1007/s11270-022-05640-7.
- Golui, D., Datta, S.P., Dwivedi, B.S., Meena, M.C., Ray, P. and Trivedi, V.K. (2021) A new approach to establish safe levels of available metals in soil with respect to potential health hazard of human. Environmental Earth Sciences 80, 667. DOI: 10.1007/s12665-021-09988-7.
- Golui, D., Datta, S.P., Dwivedi, B.S., Meena, M.C., Trivedi, V.K., Jaggi, S. and Bandyopadhyay, K.K. (2021) Assessing geoavailability of zinc, copper, nickel, lead and cadmium in polluted soils using short sequential extraction scheme. Soil and Sediment Contamination: An International Journal 30(1), 74-91. DOI: 10.1080/15320383.2020.1796924.
- Golui, D., Datta, S.P., Dwivedi, B.S., Meena, M.C. and Trivedi, V.K. (2020) Prediction of free metal ion activity in contaminated soils using WHAM VII, baker soil test and solubility model. Chemosphere 243, 125408. DOI: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2019.125408.
- Golui, D., Datta, S.P., Dwivedi, B.S., Meena, M.C., Varghese, E., Sanyal, S.K., Ray, P. Shukla, A.K. and Trivedi, V.K. (2019) Assessing soil degradation in relation to metal pollution-A multivariate approach. Soil and Sediment Contamination: An International Journal 28 (7), 630-649. DOI:10.1080/15320383.2019.1640660.
- Golui, D., Guha Mazumder, D.N., Sanyal, S.K., Datta, S.P., Ray, P., Patra, P.K., Sarkar, S. and Bhattacharya, K. (2017) Safe limit of arsenic in soil in relation to dietary exposure of arsenicosis patients from Malda district, West Bengal- A case study. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety144, 227-235. DOI:10.1016/j.ecoenv.2017.06.027.
- Golui, D., Datta, S.P., Rattan, R.K., Dwivedi, B.S. and Meena, M.C. (2014) Predicting bioavailability of metals in contaminated soils. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 186, 8541-8553. DOI:10.1007/s10661-014-4023-z.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Refined protocol for routine risk assessment of metal contaminated soil under modelling framework
- Techniques of extraction of soil solution for characterization of bioavailability of metal in polluted soil.
- Established safe limit of extractable Zn, Cu, Ni, Pb, Cd and As in polluted soil in relation to human health hazard for these toxic element intake through important crops, e.g. wheat, rice, spinach etc.
- Prescribed maximum rate of sludge application to agricultural land based on human health risk.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Best Project Award of ISWA-SWIS (2023); ISWA-SWIS Winter School Scholarships (2023) at The University of Texas, USA;Fulbright Nehru Post Doctoral Research Fellowships (2021-22), USIEF, New Delhi;Fulbright Outreach Lecture Fund Award, IIE, USA
- ISCA Young Scientist Award (2018), ISCA Best Poster Award (2019), Indian Science Congress Association, Kolkata
- IARI Merit Medal (Ph.D. 2018), IARI, New Delhi; Professor V.S. Tripathi Memorial Award (2019), Indian Chemical Society, Kolkata
- Core Research Grant Award of SERB, DST; Dr. S.P. Raychaudhuri Gold Medal (2018), Delhi Chapter of the Indian Society of Soil Science, New Delhi
- ISES Conference Award (2022); ISES Travel Award (2017), International Society of Exposure Science, North Carolina, USA; ITS Scheme of SERB, DST