M.Sc. : Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat, Assam
Ph.D : Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Plant Physiology
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 8 (2 ongoing)
Ph.D : 3 (5 ongoing)
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Sharma S, Pandey R*, Dimpka CO, Kumar A, Bindraban PS (2023). Growth Stage-Dependent Foliar Application of Iron Improves its Mobilisation Towards Grain and Enhances Fe Use Efficiency in Rice. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00344-023-10944-x
- Soumya PR, Vengavasi K, Pandey R* (2022) Adaptive strategies of plants to conserve internal phosphorus under P deficient condition to improve P utilization efficiency. Physiology & Molecular Biology of Plants, 28, 1981–1993 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12298-022-01255-8
- Meena SK, Pandey R*, Sharma S, Gayacharan, Vengavasi K, Dikshit HK, Siddique KHM, Singh MP (2021) Cross tolerance to phosphorus deficiency and drought stress in mungbean is regulated by improved antioxidant capacity, biological N2-fixation, and differential transcript accumulation. Plant and Soil, 466: 337-356
- Soumya PR, Burridge AJ, Singh N, Batra R, Pandey R*, Kalia S, Rai V, Edwards KJ (2021) Population structure and genome-wide association studies in bread wheat for phosphorus use efficiency traits using 35 K Wheat Breeder’s Affymetrix array. Scientific Reports, 11: 7601. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-87182-2
- Paul P, Sharma S, Pandey R* (2022) Phosphorus scavenging and remobilization from root cell walls under combined nitrogen and phosphorus stress is regulated by phytohormones and nitric oxide cross-talk in wheat. Journal of Plant growth Regulation, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00344-022-10646-w
- Soumya PR, Singh D, Sharma S, Singh AM, Pandey R* (2021) Evaluation of diverse wheat (Triticum aestivum) and triticale (× Triticosecale) genotypes for low phosphorus stress tolerance in soil and hydroponic conditions. Journal of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition, 21: 1236-1251
- Pandey R*, Lal MK, Vengavasi K (2018) Differential response of hexaploid and tetraploid wheat to interactive effects of elevated [CO2] and low phosphorus. Plant Cell Reports 37:1231�1244. doi.org/10.1007/s00299-018-2307-4
- Vengavasi K, Pandey R* (2018) Root exudation potential in contrasting soybean genotypes in response to low soil phosphorus availability is determined by photo-biochemical processes. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 124, 1�9. doi.org/10.1016/j.plaphy.2018.01.002
- Vengavasi K, Pandey R*, Abraham G, Yadav, RK (2017) Comparative analysis of soybean root proteome reveals molecular basis of differential carboxylate efflux under low phosphorus stress. Genes, 8, 341. doi:10.3390/genes8120341
- Pandey R*, Zinta G, AbdElgawad H, Ahmad A, Jain V, Janssens IA (2015) Physiological and molecular alterations in plants exposed to high [CO2] under phosphorus stress. Biotechnology Advances, 33: 303-316. DOI: 10.1016/j.biotechadv.2015.03.011
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Shoot labelling with 14CO2: A technique for assessing total root carbon exudation under phosphorus stress.
- Root acidification, a rapid method of screening soybean genotypes for low-phosphorus stress.
- Root exudation index: screening organic acid exudation and phosphorus acquisition efficiency in soybean genotypes.
- Optimization of nutrients for Rice to grow in hydroponics, Pusa Rice Hydroponics (PusaRicH).
- Identified nitrogen and phosphorus stress tolerant (HD2781) and sensitive (C306) wheat varieties
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Editor, Indian Society for Plant Physiology; Editor, BMC Plant Biology; Associate Editor, CABI A&B
- Member, Special Committee for Fundamental Research of Central Council for Research in Homeopathy (CCRH), Ministry of Ayush, Govt of India, (2015-2018, 2018-2021)
- World Phosphate Institute (IMPHOS)-The Fertilizer Association of India (FAI) Gold Medal, Citation and Rs. 50,000/- (2015) for �Role of Phosphorus in Yield and Quality of Crops�
- Fellow of Indian Society for Plant Physiology (FISPP) (2014); JJ Chinoy Gold Medal (2014); RD Asana Gold Medal (2004) conferred by ISPP
- BOYSCAST Fellowship (2006-07); International Travel Grants (DST, INSA, CSIR)