M.Sc. : Centre for Food Science and Technology, CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, Haryana, India
Ph.D : Dairy Chemistry Division, ICAR-National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal, Haryana, India
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Post Harvest Management
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 9
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Tiwari, S., Upadhyay, N.*, Singh, A. K. (2022). Stability assessment of emulsion of carotenoids extracted from carrot bio-waste in flaxseed oil and its application in food model system. Food Bioscience, 47, 101631. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fbio.2022.101631.
- Tiwari, S., Upadhyay, N.*, Malhotra, R. (2021). Three way ANOVA for emulsion of carotenoids extracted in flaxseed oil from carrot bio-waste. Waste Management, 121, 67-76.
- Tiwari, S., Upadhyay, N.*, Singh, A. K., Meena, G. S., & Arora, S. (2019). Organic solvent-free extraction of carotenoids from carrot bio-waste and its physico-chemical properties. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 1-10. 10.1007/s13197-019-03920-5
- Baria, B., Upadhyay, N.*, Singh, A. K., & Malhotra, R. K. (2019). Optimization of ‘green’extraction of carotenoids from mango pulp using split plot design and its characterization. Food Science & Technology – Lebensmittel -Wissenschaft & Tech, 104, 186-194.
- Patil, A. T., Meena, G. S., Upadhyay, N.*, Khetra, Y., Borad, S., & Singh, A. K. (2018). Production and characterization of milk protein concentrates 60 (MPC60) from buffalo milk. Food Science & Technology – Lebensmittel -Wissenschaft & Tech, 91, 368-374. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2018.01.028
- Upadhyay, N.*, Jaiswal, P., & Jha, S. N. (2018). Application of attenuated total reflectance Fourier Transform Infrared spectroscopy (ATR–FTIR) in MIR range coupled with chemometrics for detection of pig body fat in pure ghee (heat clarified milk fat). Journal of Molecular Structure, 1153, 275-281.
- Upadhyay, N.*,Kumar A., Goyal A. and Lal, D. (2017). Complete liquification time test coupled with solvent fractionation technique to detect adulteration of foreign fats in ghee (heat-clarified milk fat). International Journal of Dairy Technology. 70(1): 110-118. doi: 10.1111/1471-0307.12323.
- Upadhyay, N.*,Goyal A., Kumar A. and Lal, D. (2017). Detection of adulteration of caprine body fat and mixture of caprine body fat and groundnut oil in bovine and buffalo ghee using Differential Scanning Calorimetry. International Journal of Dairy Technology. 70(2): 297-303. May 2017.doi:10.1111/1471-0307.12336.
- Upadhyay, N.*,Jaiswal, P. & Jha, S.N. (2016). Detection of goat body fat adulteration in pure ghee using ATR-FTIR spectroscopy coupled with chemometric strategy. Journal of Food Science and Technology. 53 (10): 3752-3760. doi:10.1007/s13197-016-2353-2 ISSN 0022-1155
- Rathi, M., Upadhyay, N.*,Dabur, R.S. and Goyal A. (2015). Formulation and physic-chemical analysis of whey –soymilk dahi. Journal of Food Science and Technology. 52(2): 968-975. doi 10.1007/s13197-013-1074-z. ISSN: 0022-1155.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Technology 1: Technology for omega-3 rich mixed fat table spread (Inventor)
- Technology 2: Lipid and water soluble yellow natural colouringingredient from bio-waste (Inventor)
- Technology 3: Technology for preparation of encapsulated flaxseed oil for its applications in foods (Inventor)
- Technology 4: Production of Milk Protein Concentrate 60 (MPC60), a high protein low lactose powder from buffalo milk (Co-Inventor)
- Technology 5: Production of buffalo milk based Milk ProteinConcentrate 60 (MPC60) powder with improved solubility (Co-Inventor)
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Certificate of Excellence (2022) for ‘Extraction, Characterization and delivery of ‘green’ carotenoids from carrot bio-waste for food applications’ # Cash Prize of Rs. 5.00 lakhs to the team [Role: PI of project] Awarding Agency: FSSAI (Ministry of Health and Family Welfare)
- Institute Rajbhasha Gaurav Puruskar (2020) Awarding Agency/ Institute: ICAR-National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal
- Young Woman Scientist Award (2020) Awarding Agency: Agro Environmental Development Society
- Associate Fellowship (2019) Awarding Agency: National Academy of Dairy Science India
- Best Poster Award:10Best Oral Presentation:1Best Paper Award: 2