M.Sc. : G.B. Pant Univ. of Agri. & Tech., Pantnagar, Nainital (U.P).
Ph.D : Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Floriculture and Landscape Architecture
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 06
Ph.D : 08
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Mast Ram Dhiman, Siddharth Moudgil, Chander Parkash, Raj Kumar, Sandeep Kumar, S.S. Sindhu* & Arun Agarwal (2018)Analysis of nuclear DNA content and ploidy levels in 3x X 4x Lilium (Lilium x elegans L.) progenies by flow cytometry. Israel Journal of Plant Sciences (http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/22238980-00001054).
- A.K. Verma, S.S. Sindhu*, Anshuman Singh, Arvind Kumar, Anupama Singh and V.B.S. Chauhan (2019) Conditioning effects of biodegradable superabsorbent polymer and vermin products on media properties and growth of gerbera.Ecological Engineering, 132:23-30
- Sindhu S.S. and HCP Jaiweera (2007) Effect of growth hormones and cutting stages on pre and post planting performance of chrysanthemum. Indian Journal of Horticulture. 77 (1): 39-42
- Sindhu S.S.; Chandanie, M.A. & Dhiman, M.R (2008) Improved micro propagation protocol in Lilium hybrida var. Pollyanna. Indian Journal Agricultural Sciences. 78 (1): 34-37
- Sindhu S.S., DB, Gholap, M. C. Singh & M R. Dhiman (2009) Effect of media amendments on Physio-chemical-chemical properties and leaf nutrient concentration on gerbera (Gerbera jamesonii). Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 79(2): 110-114
- M.R. Dhiman, Chander Parkash and S.S.Sindhu* (2012) Development and evaluation of inter-varietal hybrids of Asiatic lily (Lilium x elegans Thunb.). Indian J. Gent. & Plant Breeding 72(4): 475-479
- Sindhu S.S.; Y, Niimi and N.S. Pathania (2002) In-vitro propagation of Asiatic hybrid lily (Lilium hybrids.). Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences. Vol.72. (10). 639-642.
- Babita Singh, S.S. Sindhu*, Harendra Yadav and N. K. Saxena (2017) Influence of Growth Hormones on Hardwood Cutting of Bougainvillea cv. Dr. H. B. Singh. Chemical Science Review & Letters, 6(23), 1903-1907
- Asmita, S.S.Sindhu* S.S. and M.K. Singh (2017) In vivo bulblet multiplication in LA lilium hybrids through scaling technique.Indian Journal of Horticulture. Vol. 74, No.4 (Dec,2017) ISSN 0972-8538
- A Book-(2015) "Ornamental Horticulture" (English). Authored by S. S. Sindhu, Published by New India Publishing Agency (NIPA), Pitampura, New Delhi-34. released by Dr. M.S. Swaminathan at Chennai
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Rose: Pusa Mahak- an outstanding fragrant variety for cut flower purpose and garden display
- Chrysanthemum: Pusa Guldasta, Pusa Swet for loose flower and bedding purpose
- Lilium: Pusa Lily-1 : First inter specific hybrid identified for release from inter-varietal cross between �Pollyanna x Prato�.
- Marigold: Pusa Bahar (Aferican type) and Pusa Deep (French type)
- Gladiolus: Pusa Kiran, Pusa Sinduri & Pusa Shanti : Promising varieties for cult flowers
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- INSA-Fellowships for a period of three months under International Collaborative / Exchange Programme of the Scientists with foreign academies for Japan
- Fellow of the National Academy of Horticultural Sciences (Formerly Horticultural Society of India)
- Anna Saheb P. Shinde National Leaders Freedom Fighters Memorial Award-2009
- Fellow of Indian Society of Ornamental Horticultural (ISOH) outstanding research in the field of Floriculture and Landscaping
- JSIL Fellowship for outstanding work in the field of Floriculture and Landscaping