M.Sc. : Narendra Dev University of Agriculture and Technology Faizabad (U. P.)
Ph.D : Banaras Hindu University Varanasi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Fruit Science
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 18
Ph.D : 01
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Chakrabarti, D.K.; Singh, A and Singh, K. (1990). Physiological and biochemical changes induced by accumulated mangiferin in Mangifera indica. Journal of Horticultural Science and Biotechnology. 65 (6): 731-737
- Chakrabarti, D.K.; Prasad, J. and Singh, K. (1994). Effect of mangiferin on vegetative growth of mango. Indian J. Hort. 51 (1): 37-40.
- Singh, M. K., Singh, K., Haq, Q.M.R., Mandal, B. and Varma, A. (2011). Molecular characterization of tobacco leaf curl Pusa virus, a new monopartite Begomovirus associated with tobacco leaf curl disease in India. Virus Genes. 43(2):296-306
- Jai Prakash, Singh, K., Goswami, A.K.and Singh, A. K. (2015). Comparison of plant growth, yield, fruit quality and biotic stress incidence in papaya var.Pusa Nanha under polyhouse and open field condition. Indian Journal of Horticulture, 72 (2):183-186.
- Thakre, M., Verma, M. K., Singh, K., Awasthi, O. P., Verghese, E.and Sharma, V. K.(2015). Effect of nutrition, harvesting date and fruit canopy position on yield and quality of Kinnow mandarin (Citrus nobilis × Citrusdeliciosa). Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 85 (11): 1455–60
- Thakre, M., Verma, M. K., Singh, K., Awasthi, O. P., Sharma, R. R. and Ray, M. (2018). Proposal and validation of colour index for Kinnow mandarin (Citrus nobilis × Citrusdeliciosa). Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 88 (8): 1179–1183
- Jai Prakash, Srivastava, V., Goswami, A.K., Singh, K., and Singh, A. K. (2016).Nutritional composition in fruits of gynodioecious papaya genotypes. Indian Journal of Horticulture, 73 (2):183-187.
- Singh, P., Jai Prakash, Goswami, A. K., Singh, K., Hussain, Z. and Singh, A. K. (2018). Genetic variability and correlation studies for vegetative, reproductive and yield attributing traits in papaya. Indian Journal of Horticulture, 75 (1):1-7.
- Singh, P., Jai Prakash, Goswami, A. K. and Singh, K., (2019). Heterosis for growth, yield and fruit quality traits in papaya. Indian Journal of Horticulture, 76 (4):576-580.
- Sagore, B., Singh, K., Jai Prakash, Srivastava, V., Vignesh, M. and Yadav, B. K. (2023). Elucidating the effect of plant bioregulators on embryo maturation for shortening the breeding cycle in papaya. Indian Journal of Horticulture 80(3): 233-238.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Pusa Deepshikha (Hybrid 11-2): It is a hybrid of ‘Amrapali’ x ‘Sensation’ having regularity in bearing and uniform sized fruits. Fruit are oblong in shape, bright red peel with orange-yellow pulp, moderate TSS (18.67%), high pulp (70%), ascorbic acid (35.34 mg/100 g pulp) and β-carotene content (9.48 mg per kg pulp) and good shelf-life (7 to 8 days) at room temperature. It is semi-dwarf and suitable for medium density planting (6 m x 6 m), yield per tree is 50.33 kg.
- Pusa Manohari (Hybrid 8-11): It is a hybrid of Amrapali x Lal Sundari having regularity in bearing and field tolerance to mango malformation (10-15%). Trees are semi-vigorous and suitable for medium density planting (6 m x 6 m). Medium sized fruits (223 g) having greenish-yellow peel with red tinge on shoulders, yellowish-orange pulp, fibreless, good TSS (20.38%), acidity (0.27%), ascorbic acid (39.78 mg/100 g pulp) and β-carotene content (9.73 mg per kg pulp), yield per tree is 58 kg.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Fellow, Indian Society of Horticultural Research and Development (2010)
- Fellow, International Society for Noni Science Chennai (2022)
- Eminent Scientist Award, Royal Association for Science- led Socio-cultural Advancement New Delhi (2019)
- Centenary Award, Vigyan Parishad Prayag Allahabad (2013)
- U.G.C. Junior Research Fellowship for Ph. D. Programme (1990-93)