M.Sc. : Indian Agricultural Research Institute
Ph.D : Indian Agricultural Research Institute
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Seed Science and Technology
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 2
Ph.D : -
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Nagamani Sandra*, Ankita Tripathi, Sanjay Kumar Lal, Bikash Mandal, Rakesh Kumar Jain (2021). Molecular and biological characterization of Soybean yellow mottle mosaic virus severe strain infecting soybean in India. 3 Biotech, 11(8): 381 (NAAS: 8.89; IF: 2.96)
- Nagamani Sandra*, Ankita Tripathi, Bikash Mandal, Rakesh Kumar Jain (2020).Effect of temperature on systemic infection and symptom expression induced by Soybean yellow mottle mosaic virus in leguminous hosts. Australasian Plant Pathology, 49: 579-589 (NAAS: 7.60; IF: 1.59)
- Nagamani Sandra*, Ankita Tripathi, HK Dikshit, Bikash Mandal, Rakesh Kumar Jain (2020). Seed transmission of a distinct soybean yellow mottle mosaic virus strain identified from India in natural and experimental hosts. Virus Research, 280:197903 (NAAS: 12.29; IF: 6.28)
- Nagamani Sandra*, Jailani AAK, Jain RK, Mandal B (2019). Development of Soybean yellow mottle mosaic virus-based expression vector for heterologous protein expression in French bean. Molecular Biotechnology, 61(3): 181-190 (NAAS: 8.86; IF: 2.86)
- Nagamani Sandra*, SudiptaBasu, T.K. Behera (2018). Comparative evaluation of hybrid seed production of bitter gourd in rainy and spring-summer season. Indian Journal of Horticulture, 75(2), 245-251 (NAAS: 6.16; IF: 0.16)
- Nagamani Sandra*, Ankita Tripathi, Sanjay K Lal, Atul Kumar,Bikash Mandal, Rakesh Kumar Jain (2018). First report of Soybean yellow mottle mosaic virus on Soybean (Glycine max) in India. Plant Disease, 102 (8): 1673 (NAAS: 10.61; IF: 4.4)
- Nagamani Sandra*, A Abdul Kader Jailani, Rakesh Kumar Jain, Bikash Mandal (2017). Genome characterization, infectivity assays of in vitro and in vivoinfectious transcripts of soybean yellow mottle mosaic virus from India reveals a novel short mild genotype. Virus Research, 232:96-105 (NAAS: 12.29; IF: 6.2)
- Nagamani Sandra, SudiptaBasu*, Sukhbir Singh, SK Lal, TK Behera, SK Chakrabarty, Akshay Talukdar (2015). Effect of plant growth regulators on sex expression, fruit setting, seed yield and quality in the parental lines for hybrid seed production in bitter gourd (Momordica charantia). Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 85(9):1185-91 (NAAS: 6.37; IF: 0.37)
- Nagamani Sandra, Kumar A, Sharma P, Kapoor R, Jain RK, Mandal B* (2015). Diagnosis of a new variant of soybean yellow mottle mosaic virus with extended host-range in India. Virus Disease, 26 (4):304-14 (NAAS: 5.95).
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Standardization of hybrid seed production in parental lines of bitter gourd hybrids Pusa hybrid-1 and Pusa hybrid-2
- Mechanical sap inoculation method was developed for maintenance of soybean yellow mottle mosaic virus on natural and experimental hosts
- Detection methodology through polyclonal antibodies was developed for soybean yellow mottle mosaic virus and validated for the samples through out india
- Standardized the agroinoculation method by using soybean yellow mottle mosaic virus infectious clone
- Seed transmission method of soybean yellow mottle mosaic virus was ruled out
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Sri Parisa Yanadi Memorial Award by Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University, Hyderabad, Telangana during 2009.
- INSPIRE Fellowship for the period of 2012-2015, by Department of Science and Technology (DST), New Delhi, India.
- Prof MJ Narasimhan Academic Merit Award by Indian Phytopathological Society (IPS) in 2016
- Early Career Research Award by the Science and Engineering Research Board-Department of Science and Technology (DST-SERB) for three years research project (2016-2019).
- Best Paper presentation award by International Seed Testing association (ISTA) during 2019