M.Sc. : ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
Ph.D : ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Agricultural Physics
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 2
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Pramanik P, Aggarwal P, and Dey P. (2013). Model for calculation of penetration resistance from easily measurable soil physical properties. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 83(3): 294-299.
- Pragati Pramanik, Bidisha Chakrabarti; Arti Bhatia; Shiv Dhar Singh; Aniruddha Maity; Pramila Aggarwal; Prameela Krishnan. Effect of elevated temperature on soil hydrothermal regimes and growth of wheat crop. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment (2018) 190:217.
- P Pramanik, Bidisha Chakrabarti, Arti Bhatia, SD Singh, N Mridha, P Krishnan (2018). Effect of elevated carbon dioxide on soil hydrothermal regimes and growth of maize crop (Zea mays L.) in semi-arid tropics of Indo-Gangetic Plains. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 190 (11):661.
- P Maity and P Aggarwal (2012).Variation of thermal properties of sandy loam soil under different management practices. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 82 (2): 181�5.
- P Pramanik, A Akram, AK Misra, DK Sharma, SS Upadhyaya, RS Rawat (2018). Prediction of rainfall, runoff and sediment yield of Dolgad watershed of Himalayan agroecosystem. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 88 (9): 1477-1480.
- P. Pramanik, K. K. Bandyopadhyay, DebaratiBhaduri, Ranjan Bhattacharyya and P. Aggarwal (2015).Effect of Mulch on Soil Thermal Regimes - A Review. International Journal of Agriculture, Environment and Biotechnology Citation: IJAEB: 8(3): 645-658 September 2015 DOI Number: 10.5958/2230-732X.2015.00072.8.
- Aniruddha Maity, Shyamal Kumar Chakarbarty, Pragati Pramanik, Ramwant Gupta, Sanjay Singh Parmar, DK Sharma (2019). Response of stigma receptivity in CMS and male fertile line of Indian mustard (B. juncea) under variable thermal conditions. International Journal of Biometeorology, 63 (2): 143-152.
- Priya Bhattacharya, Pragati Pramanik Maity, Mrinmoy Ray and Nilimesh Mridha (2020). Prediction of Mean Weight Diameter of Soil Using machine Learning Approaches. Agronomy Journal, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/agj2.20469
- Priya Bhattacharya, Pragati Pramanik Maity*, Jake Mowrer, Aniruddha Maity, Mrinmoy Ray, Shrila Das, Bidisha Chakrabarti, Tridiv Ghosh and P. Krishnan (2020). Assessment of Soil Health Parameters and Application of the Sustainability Index to Fields Under Conservation Agriculture for 3, 6, and 9 years in India. Heliyon (Accepted)
- Vikas Rai, P Pramanik, TK Das, P Aggarwal, Ranjan Bhattacharyya, P Krishnan, VK Sehgal (2019). Modelling soil hydrothermal regimes in pigeon pea under conservation agriculture using Hydrus-2D. Soil and Tillage research,190: 92-108.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Quantification of the effect of future climate change on soil hydrothermal regimes
- First global attempt was made to test and validate the Hydrus-2D Model for simulating root water uptake (RWU) under conservation agriculture (CA). Aggarwal et al., 2017 in Agriculture, Ecosystem and Environment)
- Superiority of bed planting system have been proven in modifying soil hydrothermal regimes (Aggarwal et al., 2009 in Geoderma)
- Prediction of soil health indicators using machine learning approaches
- Quantification of porosity and pore size distribution using x- ray computed microtomography
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Received Young Scientist Award from Society for Scientific Development in Agriculture and Technology, Meerut, India
- Y P Kalra Annual Convention Travel Award by Indian Society of Soil Science (Delhi chapter) (2006)
- Associate Editor, Agronomy Journal, American Society of Agronomy
- Secretary, The Indian Society of Agrophysics
- 1st Rank in Agricultural Research Service (ARS) 2008 selection by Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB), Government of India.