M.Sc. : Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner, Rajasthan (SKN College of Ag Jobner)
Ph.D : ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute New Delhi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Plant Pathology
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 3 MSc students- Awarded, 1 MSc- Pursuing
Ph.D : 1 PhD-Pursuing
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Malkhan Singh Gurjar*; Jain, S.; Aggarwal, R.; Saharan, M.S.; Kumar, T.P.J.; Kharbikar, L. Transcriptome Analysis of Wheat–Tilletia indica Interaction Provides Defense and Pathogenesis-Related Genes. Plants 2022, 11, 3061.
- Haritha Mohan M, Malkhan Singh Gurjar*, Prachi Jain1, Naresh Kumar, Mahender Singh Saharan1 Rashmi Aggarwal (2023). Differential gene expression analysis in germinating and dormant teliospores of Tilletia indica using RNA seq approach. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology 61(3) 214-223. (Correspondence)
- Shakouka MA, Gurjar MS, Aggarwal R, Saharan MS, Gogoi R, Bainsla Kumar N, Agarwal S, Kumar TPJ, Bayaa B and Khatib F (2022) Genome-Wide Association Mapping of Virulence Genes in Wheat Karnal Bunt Fungus Tilletia indica Using Double Digest Restriction-Site Associated DNA-Genotyping by Sequencing Approach. Front. Microbiol. 13:852727. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2022.852727) (Correspondence)
- Malkhan Singh Gurjar.; Aggarwal, R.; Jain, S.; Sharma, S.; Singh, J.; Gupta, S.; Agarwal, S.; Saharan, M.S. (2021) Multilocus Sequence Typing and Single Nucleotide Polymorphism Analysis in Tilletia indica Isolates Inciting Karnal Bunt of Wheat. J. Fungi 7: 103. https://doi.org/10.3390/jof7020103
- Malkhan Singh Gurjar, Rashmi Aggarwal, Abhimanyu Jogawat, Deepika Kulshreshtha, Sapna Sharma, Amolkumar U. Solanke, Himanshu Dubey, Rakesh Kumar Jain (2019). Genome Sequencing and Secretome analysis of Tilletia indica inciting Karnal bunt of wheat Provides Pathogenesis-related genes. Biotech 3 https://doi.org/10.1007/s13205-019-1743-3.
- Malkhan Singh Gurjar, A Jogawat, MS Saharan, R Aggarwal (2018). Response of putative pathogenicity related genes in Tilletia indica inciting Karnal bunt of wheat. Cereal Research Communications 46(1):89-103.
- Malkhan S Gurjar, P Jain, S Jain, Naresh Kumar, MS Saharan, R Aggarwal (2022) Identification and validation of simple sequence repeat markers in Tilletia indica and compatibility assay of monosporidial lines, Indian Phytopathology 75-357-366.
- Malkhan Singh Gurjar, Rashmi Aggarwal, Abhimanyu Jogawat, Sapna Sharma, Deepika Kulshreshtha, Anuja Gupta, Robin Gogoi, Thirumalaisamy P.P. and Abhinav Saini (2017). Development of real time PCR assay for the detection and quantification of teliospores of Tilletia indica in soil. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology 55 (6): 549-554.
- Aggarwal, R., Agarwal, S., Sharma, S. Malkhan Singh Gurjar et al. (2022). Whole-genome sequence analysis of Bipolaris sorokiniana infecting wheat in India and characterization of ToxA gene in different isolates as pathogenicity determinants. 3 Biotech 12, 151.
- Malkhan Singh Gurjar, Vinay Sagar, Tusar Kanti Bag, Bir Pal Singh, Sanjeev Sharma, Jeevlatha Arjunan, Rahul R Bakade and Kangabam Suraj Singh (2015). Genetic diversity of Ralstonia solanacearum strains causing bacterial wilt of potato in the Meghalaya state of India. Journal of Plant Pathology. 97(1):135-142.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Full Genome sequence of wheat pathogens like Tilletia indica, Tilletia caries, Bipolaris sorokiniana
- Identified key virulence genes via Genome wide assocation mapping in Tilletia indica, Developed diagnostic marker to detect Tilletia indica;
- Developed a process to analyse the population structure of Tilletia indica, Developed a process the in planta transcriptional behavior of Tilletia indica revealed that a majority of CDS were associated with response to stimulus, response to stress.
- Identified the resistant sources against Karnal bunt, spot blocth of wheat, late blight of potato in NEH region of India
- Developed Aeroponics system at CPRS, Shillong and New strains/phylotype of Ralstonia solancearum infecting potato from Meghalaya state
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Fellow of Indian Phytopathological Society, FPSI (2022),
MK Patel Young Scientist Award (2020)
- Treasurer, Indian Phytopathological Society; Editor: Indian Phytopath News
- Bursary Assistance award (ICPP 2018)-Boston USA, Young Scientist Awards
- Best Oral and Poster presentation awards of research papers (08)
- Reviewer of peer-reviewed journals: Frontier in Microbiology, Plant Science, European J Plant Pathology, Scientific reports, IJAS, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Indian Phytopathology