M.Sc. : Chaudhary Charan Singh Universty, Meerut.
Ph.D : ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Floriculture and Landscaping
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 04
Ph.D : 12
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Bhatia R., K. P. Singh, T. Jhang and T. R. Sharma (2009). Assessment of clonal fidelity of micropropagated gerbera plants by ISSR markers. Scentia Horticulture, 119: 208-211.
- Bhatia R., K. P. Singh T. R. Sharma and Tripta Jhang (2011). Evaluation of the genetic fidelity of in vitro propagated gerbera (Gerbera jamesonii Bolus) using DNA based markers. Plant Cell Tissue & Organ Culture, 104:131�135
- K. Ravindra Kumar, Kanwar Pal Singh, Reeta Bhatia, D.V.S. Raju and Sapna Panwar (2019). Optimising protocol for successful development of haploids in marigold (Tagetes spp.) through in vitro androgenesis . Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11240-019-01598-3 .
- K. Ravindra Kumar, Kanwar Pal Singh, D.V.S. Raju, Reeta Bhatia and Sapna Panwar (2019). Influence of genotypes, growth regulators and basal media on direct differentiation of shoot buds from leaf segments of marigold (Tagetes spp.). Indian Journal of Experimental Biology,57: 30-39.
- Aparna Veluru, Kangila Venkataraman Bhat, Dantuluri Venkata Sai Raju, Kuchimanchi Venkata Prasad, Janakiram Tolety, Chellapilla Bhardwaj, Seyanthi Venkata Amitha Charu Rama Mitram, Namita Banyal, Kanwar Pal Singh and Sapna Panwar (2019). Characterization of Indian bred rose cultivars using morphological and molecular markers for conservation and sustainable management. Physiol Mol Biol Plants, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12298-019-00735-8
- Madhubala and Kanwar Pal Singh (2013). In vitro mutagenesis of rose (Rosa hybrida L.) explants using gamma-radiation to induce novel flower colour mutations. Journal of Horticultural Science and Biotechnology, 88(4):462- 468
- Oinam,V., K. P. Singh, A. Verma and M.L. Choudhary (1998). Effect of Paclobutrazol and GA3 on recovery of normal plants from vitrified shoots of carnation (Dianthus caryophyllus L.).Indian Journal of Experimental Biology,36:223-224.
- MadhuBala and Kanwar Pal Singh (2015). In vitro mutagenesis in rose (Rosa hybridaL.) cv. Raktima for novel traits. Indian Journal of Biotechnology, 14(4): 525-531
- K. Ravindra Kumar, Kanwar Pal Singh, D. V. S. Raju, Reeta Bhatia and Sapna Panwar (2020). Maternal haploid induction in African marigold (Tagetes erecta L.) through in vitro culture of un-fertilized ovules. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture, 143(3) : 549-564.
- Rihne, T., Namita*,K.P. Singh, M. K. Singh and Akshay Talukdar. 2021. Improvement in molecular detection of phytoplasma associated with rose by selection of suitable primers and development of a multiplex PCR assay.3 Biotech 11: 190
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Marigold variety Pusa Arpita produces flowers (medium size) well at low temperature i.e. December to January in northern plains and is suitable for for loose flower production.
- Marigold variety Pusa Bahar produces large size flowers during mid Jan to March in northern plains and is suitable for bedding and loose flower production.
- Marigold varieties Pusa Deep, Pusa Utsav and Pusa Parv produce medium size flowers during October to November (festive season) in northern plains and are suitable for loose flower production.
- Gladiolus varieties Pusa Shubham, Pusa Kiran, Pusa Sinduri, Pusa Shanti and Pusa Rajat are suitable for bedding and cut flowers during winter season.
- Rose varieties Pusa Mansij, Pusa Komal (thornless), Pusa Arun, Pusa Ajay and Pusa Mahak are suitable for bedding which flower profusely during spring season.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Fellowship conferred by Indian Society of Ornamental Horticulture.
- Fellowship conferred by Confederation of Horticulture Association of India.
- Fellowship conferred by Horticultural Society of India (now Indian Academy of Horticultural Sciences).
- Gold Medal in Floriculture conferred by Horticultural Society of India (now Indian Academy of Horticultural Sciences).
- Lotus Puraskar conferred by Indian Society of Ornamental Horticulture.