M.Sc. : BCKV, W.B
Ph.D : BCKV,WB
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Agronomy
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 07
Ph.D : 01
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Ghosh,A.,Singh, O.N., Berliner, J and Pokhare, S. 2021. System of crop rotation: A prospective strategy alleviating grain yield penalty in sustainable aerobic rice production. International Journal of Plant Production,15:577-587.
- Ghosh, A., Tiwari, A. and Singh, O.N. 2021. Impacts of critical periods of weed control (CPWC) on nitrogen utilization and grain yield in aerobic rice cultivation. International Journal of Plant Production,15:151-159.
- Ghosh A., Dey R. and Singh O. N. 2012. Improved management alleviating impact of water stress on yield decline of tropical aerobic rice (Oryza sativa L.). Agronomy Journal. 104:584-588.
- Ghosh A. and Sharma A. R. 1999. Effect of combined use of organic manure and nitrogen fertilizer on performance of rice under flood-prone lowland situations. Journal of Agricultural Science, Cambridge 132: 461-465
- Ghosh A. and Singh O. N. 2010. Determination of threshold regime of soil moisture tension for scheduling irrigation in tropical aerobic rice for optimum crop and water productivity. Experimental Agriculture 46(4): 489-499.
- Ghosh A., Singh, O. N. and Rao K. S. 2011(c). Improving irrigation management in dry season rice cultivation for optimum crop and water productivity at non traditional rice ecologies. Irrigation and Drainage 60(2):174-178.
- Ghosh A. 2008. Integrated nutrient management by using target yield equations for rice-jute system in eastern India. Agro-ecology and Sustainable Food System (Formerly- Journal of Sustainable Agriculture), 32(1): 149-160.
- Ghosh A. 2008. Optimum threshold of nitrogen use efficiency for sustainable rice grain yield under varying stands density and N levels in deepwater situations. Agro-ecology and Sustainable Food System (Formerly- Journal of Sustainable Agriculture), 31(4): 139-148.
- Das S., Ghosh A. and Adhya T. K. 2011(a).Nitrous oxide and methane emission from a flooded rice field as influenced by separate and combined application of herbicides Bensulfuron methyl and Pretilachlor. Chemospehre.84 (1):54-62.
- Sharma A. R. and Ghosh A. 1999. Submergence tolerance and yield performance of lowland rice as affected by agronomic management in eastern India. Field Crops Research 63: 187-198.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Rice variety- CR Dhan 310,
CR Dhan 202,
CR Dhan 305
CR Dhan 500
- Technology- 1. Aerobic rice production
2. Organic rice production
3. Deepwater rice production
4. Resource conservation technology (RCT) in wheat-maize system
5. Deficit irrigation management in cereals
- System development- 1. Integrated Farming system for small & marginal farmers (IFSSMF)
2. Cropping system for crop diversification cum intensification
- Methodologies- 1. In situ Green manuring in deepwater rice
2. Residue management in Rice fallow
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Fellow - Indian Society of Agronomy
- Best Worker- Senior Scientist, ICAR-NRRI, Cuttack
- Best Publication of the year- International Rice Research Institute (IRRN), Philippines.