M.Sc. : ICAR- Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
Ph.D : ICAR- Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Division of Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Das D, Sahoo J, Raza MB, Barman M, Das R (2022) Ongoing soil potassium depletion under intensive cropping in India and probable mitigation strategies. A review. Agronomy for Sustainable Development 42:4. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13593-021-00728-6
- Das D, Dwivedi BS, Datta SP, Datta SC, Meena MC, Dwivedi AK, Singh M, Chakraborty D, Jaggi S (2021) Long-term differences in nutrient management under intensive cultivation alter potassium supplying ability of soils. Geoderma 393, 114983. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geoderma.2021.114983
- Das D, Dwivedi BS , Datta SP, Datta SC, Meena MC, Agarwal BK, Shahi DK, Singh M, Chakraborty D, Jaggi S (2019) Potassium supplying capacity of a red soil from eastern India after forty-two years of continuous cropping and fertilization. Geoderma 341, 76-92. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geoderma.2019.01.041
- Das D, Dwivedi BS, Datta SP, Datta SC, Meena MC, Dwivedi AK, Singh M, Singh VK, Chakraborty D, Jaggi S (2019) Long-term fertilization effects on soil potassium and crop yields in a Vertisol. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 89, 1086-1090.
- Das D, Nayak AK, Thilagam K, Chatterjee D, Shahid M, Tripathi R, Mohanty S, Kumar A, Lal B, Gautam P, Panda BB, Biswas SS (2018) Measuring potassium fractions is not sufficient to assess the long-term impact of fertilization and manuring on soil's potassium supplying capacity. Journal of Soils and Sediments 18, 1806-1820. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11368-018-1922-6
- Das D, Dwivedi BS, Singh VK, Datta SP, Meena MC, Chakraborty D, Bandyopadhyay KK, Kumar R, Mishra RP (2017) Long-term effects of fertilisers and organic sources on soil organic carbon fractions under a rice-wheat system in the Indo-Gangetic Plains of north-west India. Soil Research 55, 296-308. https://doi.org/10.1071/SR16097
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Methodology: Identified a suitable extractant to simulate the effects of long-term potassium depletion on soil under laboratory condition.
- Concept: Conceptualized and computed a maintenance dose of potassium fertilization for two alluvial soils.
- Software package: R package on ‘soilchemistry: Computation of Properties Related to Soil Chemical Environment and Nutrient Availability’:Bappa Das [aut, cre], Debarup Das [aut, ctb], Mandira Barman [aut, ctb], Debrup Ghosh [aut, ctb] (2023) soilchemistry: Computation of Properties Related to Soil Chemical Environment and Nutrient Availability. https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/soilchemistry/index.html
- Software package: R package on ‘SoilTesting: Organic Carbon and Plant Available Nutrient Contents in Soil’:Bappa Das [aut, cre], Debarup Das [aut, ctb] (2022) SoilTesting: Organic Carbon and Plant Available Nutrient Contents in Soil. https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=SoilTesting
- Software package: R package on ‘QI: Quantity-Intensity Relationship of Soil Potassium’:Bappa Das [aut, cre], Debarup Das [aut, ctb] (2022) QI: Quantity-Intensity Relationship of Soil Potassium. https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=QI
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- The Mosaic Company Foundation Award for Outstanding Doctoral Research in the Area of Plant Nutrition, 2019-2020 from the Mosaic Company Foundation
- The Fertiliser Association of India Golden Jubilee Award for Outstanding Doctoral Research in Fertilizer Usage, 2019 from the Fertiliser Association of India
- IARI Merit Medal for outstanding academic performance in Doctor of Philosophy Degree Programme from the Discipline of Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry, ICAR-IARI, New Delhi, 2019.
- Dr. S.P. Raychaudhuri Gold Medal-2018 from Delhi Chapter of the Indian Society of Soil Science
- Best Trainee Award at 103 FOCARS training programme at ICAR-NAARM, Hyderabad, 2016