M.Sc. : Institute of Advanced Studies, Meerut University, Meerut
Ph.D : Himachal Pradesh Krishi Visvavidyalaya, Palampur
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Pal D*, Bhardwaj SC, Sharma P, Sharma D, Khan H, Harikrishna, Babu HP, Jha SK, Patial M, Chauhan D, Kumari S and Prabhu KV. 2020. Molecular marker aided selection for developing rust resistant genotypes by pyramiding Lr19/Sr25 and Yr15 in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Australasian Plant Pathology: http://doi.org/10.1007/s13313-020-00738-0
- Pal D*, Kumar S, Bhardwaj SC, Harikrishna, Devate NB, Patial M and Parmeshwrappa SKV. 2022. Molecular marker aided characterization of race-specific and non-race specific rust resistance genes in elite wheat (Triticum spp.) germplasm. Australasian Plant Pathology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13313-022-00850-3
- Pal D, Bhardwaj SC, Sharma P, Sharma D, Kumari S, Patial M, Prabhu KV and Kumar J. 2015. Molecular marker assisted back cross breeding for effective transfer of Lr19 in wheat. (Triticum aestivum L.). Indian J. Genet. 75(2):253-255.
- Pal D, Bhardwaj SC, Patial M, Kumar S, Gangwar OP, Sharma P and Prabhu KV. 2019. Transfer of leaf rust and stripe rust resistance genes Lr19 and Yr15 in to a susceptible wheat cultivar HS295. Indian J. Genet. 79(3):618-621.
- Walia DP, Tashi Dawa and Plaha P. 1994. Genetics of yield components in spring wheat. Cereal Research Commun., 22: 185-186.
- Pal D and Kumar S. 2009. Evaluation of dual purpose barley for fodder and grain under different cutting schedules. Range Management and Agro forestry J, 30(1): 54-56.
- Pal D, Kumar S and Verma RPS. 2012. Pusa Losar (BHS 380)- the first dual-purpose barley variety for northern hills of India. Indian J. Agricultural Sciences, 82(2): 164-165.
- Babu P, Baranwal DK, Harikrishna, Pal D*, Bharti H, Joshi P, Thiyagarajan B, Gaikwad KB, Bhardwaj SC, Singh GP and Singh A*.2020. Application of Genomics Tools in Wheat Breeding to Attain Durable Rust Resistance. Front. Plant Sci. 11:567147. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2020.567147
- Kiran K, Rawal H, Dubey H, Jaswal R, Bhardwaj S, Prasad P, Pal D, Devanna BN, Sharma T*. 2017. Dissection of genomic features and variations of three pathotypes of Puccinia striiformis through whole genome sequencing. Scientific Reports 7:42419DOI:10.1038 /srep42419.
- Walia DP and Garg DK. 1996 .Evaluation of genetic divergence in wheat (Triticum aestivum L ) germplasm. Indian J .Genet., 56: 452-457.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- HS507 (Co-Developer): Wheat variety released and notified vide S.O.632 (E) 25.03.2011 for timely sown production conditions of Northern Hill Zone of India
- HS542 (Developer): Wheat variety released and notified vide S.O. 268(E) 28/01/2015 for early sown production conditions of Northern Hill Zone of India
- HS562 (Developer): Wheat variety released and notified vide S.O.2238 (E) 29/06/2016 for timely sown production conditions of Northern Hill Zone of India
- BHS400 (Developer): Barley variety released and notified vide S.O.1919(E) 31.07.2014 for timely sown production conditions of Northern Hill Zone of India
- HD3086 (Co-Developer): Wheat variety released and notified vide S.O. 244(E) 24/1/2014 for timely sown production conditions of North Western Plain Zone of India
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Bestowed, NANAJI DESHMUKH ICAR AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING INTERDISCIPLINARY TEAM RESEARCH IN AGRICULTURAL AND ALLIED SCIENCES 2015-16 (As team member)
- Fellow, National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS)
- Fellow, Indian Society of Genetics and Plant Breeding (ISGPB)
- SAWR Fellow (Wheat Improvement)
- Member, Research Advisory Group (RAG), Himalayan Forest Research Institute, Shimla.