M.Sc. : Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore (2005)
Ph.D : Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (2010)
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (MBB)
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 5
Ph.D : 2
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Yadava P, Tamim S, Zhang H, Teng C, Zhou X, Meyers BC, Walbot V. 2021. Transgenerational conditioned male fertility of HD-ZIP IV transcription factor mutant ocl4: impact on 21-nt phasiRNA accumulation in pre-meiotic maize anthers. Plant Reprod. Jun;34(2):117-29. doi: 10.1007/s00497-021-00406-3
- Yadava P, Dayaman V, Agarwal A, Kumar K, Singh I, Verma R, Kaul T. 2022. Fine-tuning the transcriptional regulatory model of adaptation response to phosphate stress in maize (Zea mays L.). Physiol Mol Biol Plants. 28(4):885-98. doi: 10.1007/s12298-022-01155-x.
- Yadava P, Aggarwal C, Verma R, Kumar K, Singh I. 2022. Effect of nitrogen-starvation on growth pattern and expression of nitrogen assimilation genes. Ind J Agricul Sci 90 (1): 195�200
- Yadava P, Thirunavukkarasu N., Kaur, P., Shiriga, K., and Singh I. 2016. Salicylic acid alleviates methyl viologen induced oxidative stress through transcriptional modulation of antioxidant genes in Zea mays L. Maydica, 60(3), 1-9.
- Yadava, P., Kaushal, J., Gautam, A., Parmar, H., & Singh, I. 2016. Physiological and biochemical effects of 24-epibrassinolide on heat-stress adaptation in maize (Zea mays L.). Natural Science, 8(4), 171-179.
- Yadava P, Kaur P, Singh I. 2013. Exogenous application of ascorbic acid alleviates oxidative stress in maize. Ind J Plant Physiol. 18(4):339-43.
- Langyan S, Yadava P, Sharma S, Gupta NC, Bansal R, Yadav R, Kumar A. 2022. Food and nutraceutical functions of Sesame oil: an underutilized crop for nutritional and health benefits. Food Chem. 16:132990. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2022.132990
- Agarwal A, Yadava P, Kumar K, Singh I, Kaul T, Pattanayak A, Agrawal PK. 2018. Insights into maize genome editing via CRISPR/Cas9. Physiol Mol Biol Plants 24(2):175-83.
- Yadava P, Abhishek A, Singh R, Singh I, Kaul T, Pattanayak A, Agrawal PK. 2017. Advances in maize transformation technologies and development of transgenic maize. Front Plant Sc. 6;7:1949.
- Yadava P, Suyal G, Mukherjee SK. 2010. Begomovirus DNA replication and pathogenicity. Curr Sci 10:360-8.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Inventor of a novel artiﬁcial miRNA based technology for genetic control of geminiviruses (Filed patent # 583/DEL/2011); Worked in private sector Biotech industry for upscaling the above technology in PPP mode with assistance from BIRAC (BT/BIPP043
- Cloned a novel allele for male sterility in maize (ms8/ mtm99-66)
- Contributed in development of two RIL mapping population for drought and heat tolerance in maize; source germplasm of 70 maize inbred lines for abiotic stress tolerance and development of 10 experimental F1 maize hybrids
- GEO Accessions comprising of 40.3 million reads of smallRNA and 64.5 million reads of RNASeq data; 238 million reads of other NGS data
- Cloned and registered 10 new gene orthologs related to abiotic stress adaptation in maize from stress tolerant and susceptible genotypes- HKI 335 and MGUD 22/ LM 17 and HKI 1015-wg8 (Accessions granted by NCBI, USA; DDBJ, Japan and EMBL, Europe)
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Dr. B.K. MUKHERJEE SCIENCE AWARD (2022); Fellow, Maize Technologists Association of India (MTAI) (2020)
- Fulbright- Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at Stanford University, USA (2017-2019); Awarded Indo-Australian Career Boosting Gold Fellowship (2015)
- CSIR Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Fellowship at ICGEB, New Delhi (2005-2010); 1st prize in 4th All India Graduate Students� Meet at Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai for oral presentation of doctoral research (2008); Awarded CSIR Junior Research Fellowship (2004)
- Dr MV Rao and Shri PS Ram Mohan Award for Best MSc student in Biotechnology (Gold Medal) by Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore (2006); DBT, Government of India scholarship to pursue MSc Biotechnology (2003-2005)
- Awarded research and travel grants by national international agencies like Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (2007); CSIR (2010); BIRAC (2011); DST (2014); Incentivizing Research in Agriculture (2015); NASF (2015); SERB (2019)