M.Sc. : Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India.
Ph.D : Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India.
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Plant Pathology (Fungal Pathology)
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- F. Khan, M. Atif, Shumaila Shahid, S.A.A Nami. 2022. Synthesis, classification and properties of hydrogels: their applications in drug delivery and agriculture.
Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 10 (2022) 170-203. (Impact Factor: 7.571, NAAS rating: 13.57).
- L. Prasad, S. Katoch, Shumaila Shahid. 2022 Microbial interaction mediated programmed cell death in plants.
3 Biotech, 12 (2022) 43. (Impact Factor: 3.446, NAAS rating: 8.41).
- S.I.Ahmad, R. Ahmad, M.S. Khan, R. Kant, Shumaila Shahid, G. Leela I. Hassan. 2020. Chitin and its derivatives:Structural properties and biomedical applications.
International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 164 (2020) 526-539. (Impact Factor: 8.025, NAAS rating: 14.03).
- Shumaila Shahid and M.R. Khan. 2019. Evaluation of biocontrol agents for the management of root-rot of mungbean caused by Macrophomina phaseolina. Indian Phytopathology, 72 (1) 89-98. (Impact Factor: 0.458, NAAS rating: 5.95).
- Prasad L. and Shumaila Shahid. 2018. Fungal biocobtrol agents against agriculturally important invertebrate pests. M.R. Khan, A.N. Mukopadhyay, R.N. Pandey, M.P. Thakur, D.Singh, M.A. Siddiqui, M. Akram, Z. Haque (eds). Bio-intensive approaches: Application and effectiveness in the management of plant nematodes, insects and weeds. Indian Phytopathological Society, (2018) 397-425.
- M.R. Khan, Shumaila Shahid, F.A. Mohidin and U. Mustafa. 2017. Interaction of Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. gladioli and Meloidogyne incognita on gladiolus cultivars and its management through corm treatment with biopesticides and pesticides. Biological Control, 115 (2017) 95-104. (Impact Factor: 3.687, NAAS rating: 9.86).
- Shumaila Shahid and M.R. Khan. 2016. Management of root-rot of mungbean caused by Macrophomina phaseolina through seed treatment with fungicides. Indian Phytopathology, 69 (2016) 128-136. (Impact Factor: 0.458, NAAS rating: 5.95).
- Shumaila Shahid and M.R. Khan. 2016. Biological Control of Root-rot on Mungbean Plants Incited By Macrophomina phaseolina Through Microbial Antagonists. Plant Pathology Journal, 15 (2016) 27-39. (Impact Factor: 2.321, NAAS rating: 7.80).
- M.R. Khan, M.A. Anwer and Shumaila Shahid (2011). Management of gray mold of chickpea, Botrytis cinerea with bacterial and fungal biopesticides using different modes of inoculation and application. Biological Control, 57 (2011) 13-23. (Impact Factor: 3.687, NAAS rating: 9.86).
- M.R. Khan, S. Ashraf, Shumaila Shahid and M.A. Anwer (2010). Response of some chickpea cultivars to foliar, seed and soil inoculations with Botrytis cinerea. Phytopathologia Meditteranea, 49 (2010) 275-286. (Impact Factor: 2.02, NAAS rating: 7.79).
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Young Woman Researcher Award in Plant Pathology 2023- Venus International Foundation, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad Excellence Scientist Award 2022- The Society of Tropical Agriculture, New Delhi
- Young Scientist Award in Plant Pathology 2021- Agro Environmental Development Society (AEDS), Rampur, Uttar Pradesh
- SAAR Young Scientist Award-Plant Protection Sciences 2021- Society for Agriculture & Allied Research (SAAR), Firozabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Two Gold Medals (Department & Faculty Topper) in the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India.