M.Sc. : UAS Dharwad
Ph.D : UAS Dharwad
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Genetics & Department of Genetics & Plant Breeding UAS, Dharwad
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 5
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- B. S. Patil, R. L. Ravikumar and P. M. Salimath 2003, An analysis of gametophytic and sporophytic tolerance to moisture stress in sorghum. Journal of Genetics and Breeding 58: 23-28.
- R.L. Ravikumar, B.S. Patil and P.M. Salimath 2003, Drought tolerance in sorghum by pollen selection using osmotic stress. Euphytica 133: 371-376.
- B. S. Patil and R. L. Ravikumar 2011, Osmotic adjustment in pollen grains: a measure of drought adaptation in sorghum? Current Science 100(3):377-382.
- B. S. Patil, R. L. Ravikumar, J. S. Bhat and C. D. Soregaon 2014, Molecular mapping of QTLs for resistance to early and late Fusarium wilt in chickpea.Czech Journal of Genetics & Plant Breeding, 50 (2): 171-176
- B. S. Patil, J. S. Bhat and P. H. Kuchnur 2015, Salinity tolerance in chickpea: Genetic variability and sensitivity of phenological and reproductive traits. Vegetos 28 (3): 127-134.
- B. S. Patil, C. Bharadwaj and A. G. Vijaykumar (2021). Genetic enhancement of yied traits in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.): An analysis of selection in early segregating generations. Legume Research
- P. B. Desai, B. S. Patil, A. G. Vijayakumar, M. P. Basavarajappa, A. E. S. Subramaya, C. Bharadwaj and V. R. Kulkarni (2017) Dry root rot resistance in chickpea: Studies on genetic and molecular variations. Vegetos (Special): 20-25.
- P. B. Desai, B. S. Patil, A. G. Vijayakumar, V. R. Kulkarni and M. P. Basavarajappa 2016. Genetic variability studies on yield traits and dry root rot resistance in chickpea. International Journal on Agricultural Sciences 7(2): 171-179.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Chickpea variety BGD 111-1
- Chickpea variety BG 3022
- Chickpea variety BG 3043
- Chickpea variety BG 3062
- Chickpea variety Pusa chickpea 10216
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Jawaharalal Nehru Award for outstanding P. G. Agricultural Research, for the year, 2003.
- DBT Overseas Associateship in Niche areas of Biotechnology for the year 2007-08.
- Young Scientist fellowship under SERC-DST programme by Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
- Crop Research Award for the year 2004
- KSCST Research fellowship.