M.Sc. : Punjab University, Chandigarh, India
Ph.D : Punjab University Chandigarh, India
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Plant Physiology (1992-2018); Environment Science (2018- )
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 7
Ph.D : 8
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Sharma Priyanka, Poonam Yadav, Chirashree Ghosh and Bhupinder Singh. (2020) Heavy metal capture from the suspended particulate matter by morus alba and evidence of foliar uptake and translocation of PM associated zinc using radiotracer (65 Zn). Chemosphere 254:126863; doi 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2020.126863 (NAAS rating 11.78, C082)
- Divte P, Yadav P, Kumar Jain P, Paul S, and Singh B. (2019) Ethyelene regulation of root growth and phytosiderophore biosynthesis determiners iron deficiency tolerance in wheat (Triticum spp). Environmental and Experimental Botany. 162:1-13 DOI 10.1016/j.envexpbot.2019.01.011. (NAAS rating 9.67)
- Mitra Raktim, Shashi Bala Singh and Bhupinder Singh (2020) Radiochemical evidence validates the involvement of root released organic acid and phytosiderphore in regulating the uptake of phosphorus and certain mental micronutrients in wheat under phosphorus and iron deficiency. Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry. Doi 10.1007/s10967-020-07383-3. (NAAS rating: 7.18, J460)
- Attri Aashu, Madhubala Thaker, Poonam Yadav, M.K. Verma and Bhupinder Singh. (2018) 14C-labeling technique for discerning source�sink carbon flow dynamics in kinnow (Citrus nobilis Lour X Citrus deliciosa Tenora) for better crop management. Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 317: 1447-1454. DOI 10.1007/s10967-018-6018-7.(NAAS rating 7.12)
- Singh Bhupinder, Sumedha Ahuja and Poonam Yadav. (2019) Radiotracer and application for rapid measurement of contribution of stem assimilates towards grain filling and for alleviating terminal heat stress in wheat. Journal of Radio analytical and Nuclear Chemistry. 321: 255-262. DOI 10.1007/s10967-019-06567-w. (NAAS rating 7.19)
- Shamima P., Ranjeet K. Ranjan, Anjali Anand and Bhupinder Singh. (2018) Combined deficiency of nitrogen and iron increases senescence induced remobilization of plant immobile iron in wheat. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum. 40:211 DOI 10.1007/s11738-018-2782-9. (NAAS Rating 7.44)
- Vasundhara Sharma, Anjali Anand and Bhupinder Singh. (2019) Radiochemical studies using 59Fe and 35S provide evidence for iron-regulated uptake of sulphur in wheat. Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry. 323:291–301. DOI:10.1007/s 10967-019-06906-x. (NAAS rating 7.19)
- Chandan K Gupta and Bhupinder Singh (2017) Uninhibited biosynthesis and release of phytosiderophores in the presence of heavy metal (HM) favors HM remediation. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 24: 9407. doi:10.1007/s11356-017-8636-y (NAAS rating: 8.76)
- Divite R. Pandurang, Poonam Yadav, Atul Bhagawan Pawar, Vasundhara Sharma, Anjali Anand, Raghunath Pandey and Bhupinder Singh. (2021) Crop response to iron deficiency is guided by cross-talk between phytohormones and their regulation of the root system architecture. Agricultural Research. Doi. Org/10.1007/s40003-020-00532-w. (NAAS rating 5.95, A094)
- Thakur M, Praveen S, Divte PR, Mitra R, Kumar M, Gupta CK, Kalidindi U, Bansal R, Roy S, Anand A, Singh B. (2022) Metal tolerance in plants: Molecular and physicochemical interface determines the "not so heavy effect" of heavy metals. Chemosphere. 287(Pt 1):131957. doi: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2021.131957.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Radiation sensitivity thresholds for different plant traits at seed and seedling level exposure to ionizing radiation determined. Radiotracer applications in physiology and pollution research.
- Salicylic acid provides drought tolerance by protecting biochemical molecules like proteins, carbohydrate and helping maintain enzyme structure and activity under water stress in field condition.
- Competitive allocation/ partitioning of S-Adenosyl Methionine between ethylene and phytosiderophore synthesis regulates Fe deficiency tolerance of wheat. Published Divte et al., (2019) Environmental and Experimental Botany. 162:1-13 DOI 10.1016/j.envexpbo
- Phytosiderophore for improving metal micronutrient uptake; Identified as Promising Technology ICAR News 2009, 15(2): 1-3; Phytosiderophores for Zinc mobilisation and exploitation of the trait for improving zinc efficiency was investigated. Transcript anal
- A novel and efficient method for extraction of microplastics from soil : Patent application being filed.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- ICAR AWARD: Lal Bahadur Shastri Young Scientist Award 2001-02
- BOYSCAST Fellowship, DST (2001-02)
- INSA-DFG International Scientific Exchange Fellowship 2009
- International Traineeship Award of International Crop Science Society 2000
- Fellow (2009); recognition awards (2002, 2009), Vice President (2014-2015) Indian Society of Plant Physiology