M.Sc. : Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
Ph.D : Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Microbiology
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 3
Ph.D : 1
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Kaushik, R., Saxena, A.K. and Tilak, K.V.B.R. (2002). Can Azospirillum strains capable of growing at sub-optimal temperature perform better in field grown wheat rhizosphere. Biology and fertility of soils. 35. 92-95
- Kaushik, R., Saxena, A.K. and Tilak, K.V.B.R. (2000). Selection of Tn5::lacZ mutants isogenic to wild type Azospirillum brasilense strains capable of growing at sub-optimal temperature. World J. Microbiol. and Biotechnol. 16. 567-570.
- Kaushik, R., Saxena, A.K. and Tilak, K.V.B.R. (2001). Selection and evaluation of low temperature tolerant strains of Azospirillum brasilense in rhizocoenosis with wheat. Folia Microbiologica. 46 (4): 327-332
- Kaur, A., Chaudhary, A., Kaur, A., Choudhary, R. and Kaushik, R., 2005. Phospholipid fatty acid�a bioindicator of environment monitoring and assessment in soil ecosystem. Current Science, pp.1103-1112.
- Yadav, S, Kaushik, R., Saxena, A. K. and Arora, D. K. (2010) Diversity and phylogeny of plant growth-promoting bacilli from moderately acidic soil. Journal of Basic Microbiology, 51, 98�106.
- Vardhan, S., Kaushik, R., Saxena, A. K. and Arora, D. K., (2011). Restriction analysis and partial sequencing of the 16S rRNA gene as index for rapid identification of Bacillus species. Antonie van Leeuwenhoek. 99(2):283-96.
- Singh RN, Gaba S, Yadav AN, Gaur P, Gulati S, Kaushik R, Saxena AK. (2016). First high-quality draft genome sequence of a plant growth promoting and cold active enzyme producing psychrotrophic Arthrobacter agilis strain L77. Standards in genomic sciences. 11(1):54.
- Yadav AN, Sharma D, Gulati S, Singh S, Dey R, Pal KK, Kaushik R, Saxena AK, (2015). Haloarchaea endowed with phosphorus solubilization attribute implicated in phosphorus cycle. SREP-14-09815 Scientific Reports. 5: 12293
- Singh D, Rajawat MVS, Kaushik R. Prasanna R, Saxena AK (2017). Beneficial role of endophytes in biofortification of Zn in wheat genotypes varying in nutrient use efficiency grown in soils sufficient and deficient in Zn. Plant Soil. 416:107-116
- Yadav AN, Gulati S, Sharma D, Singh RN, Rajawat MV, Kumar R, Dey R, Pal KK, Kaushik R, Saxena AK (2019). Seasonal variations in culturable archaea and their plant growth promoting attributes to predict their role in establishment of vegetation in Rann of Kutch. Biologia: 74 (8):1031-43.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Developed paddy straw compost enriched with distillery effluent
- Developed a bacterial consortium capable of promoting rice-wheat at elevated climatic variabilities of moisture and temperature
- Developed consortium of psychrophilic fungi capable of carrying out composting at low temperature (<10 �C) under clod conditions in 60-90 days
- Whole genome sequencing of different bacteria were carried out such as halophilic archaea Halolamina pelagica, P solubilizing Burkholderia cenocepacia, cold active enzyme producing psychrotrophic Arthrobacter agilis and chickpea rhizobia Mesorhizobium cic
- Developed technology for the production of Polyhydroxybutyrate by Halomonas sp using sachharified paddy straw lechate as the substrate.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Awarded Gold Medal in M.Sc. (1995) for outstanding performance in research and academic achievements
- Awarded Gold Medal in Ph.D. (1999) for outstanding performance in research and academic achievements