M.Sc. : Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
Ph.D : Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Genetics and Plant Breeding
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 01
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Gaikwad, K. B., Singh, N., Bhatia, D., Kaur, R., Bains, N. S., Bharaj, T. S., & Singh, K. (2014). Yield-enhancing heterotic QTL transferred from wild species to cultivated rice Oryza sativa L. PLoS One, 9(6).
- Gaikwad, K. B*., Singh, N., Bhatia, D., Kaur, R., Bains, N. S., Bharaj, T. S., & Singh, K. (2019). Reinventing heterosis phenomenon through deployment of alien introgression lines in rice (Oryza sativa L.). Plant Breeding, 138(3), 277-289.
- Gaikwad, K. B*., Singh, N., Bhatia, D., Sharma, N., Bains, N. S., Bharaj, T. S., & Singh, K. (2018). Heterotic response of genomic regions derived from Oryza rufipogon and O. nivara in improving grain morphology and quality of indica rice (Oryza sativa L.). Indian J. Genet, 78(2), 155-165.
- Gaikwad, K. B*., Rani, S., Kumar, M., Gupta, V., Babu, P. H., Bainsla, N. K., & Yadav, R. (2020). Enhancing the Nutritional Quality of Major Food Crops Through Conventional and Genomics-Assisted Breeding. Frontiers in Nutrition, 7.
- Gaikwad, K. B*., Singh, N., Kaur, P., Rani, S., Babu H, P., & Singh, K. (2020). Deployment of wild relatives for genetic improvement in rice (Oryza sativa). Plant Breeding.
- Gaikwad, K. B*., Yadav, R., Kumar, M., Kumar, N., Babu, P., Singh, A. G., ... & Pandey, R. (2023). Synthetic hexaploid wheat as a source of variation for the traits specific to conservation agriculture. Indian Journal of Genetics and Plant Breeding, 83 (01), 32-40
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- HD 3226: Wheat variety for Timely sown Irrigated Conditions of North Western Plain Zone
- HD 3171: Wheat variety for Timely sown Rainfed Conditions of North Eastern Plain Zone
- HDCSW 18: Wheat variety for Early sown Irrigated Conditions in Conservation Agriculture for Delhi NCR
- HD 3086: Wheat variety for Timely sown Irrigated Conditions of North Western Plain Zone
- HD 3298: Wheat variety for Very Late sown Irrigated Conditions of North Western Plain Zone
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Nanaji Deshmukh ICAR Award for Outstanding Interdisciplinary Team Research 2018 by ICAR
- Fellow of Indian Society of Genetics & Plant Breeding
- Australia Award Fellowship by Australian Government & University of Sydney
- Young Scientist Award by Society for Bioresource and Stress Management Kolkata, National Environmental Science Academy, New Delhi, and National Education Empowerment and Development Foundation, Lucknow
- Best Poster Award at 1st International Agrobiodiversity Congress, November 2016, New Delhi and 1st International Symposium on Cereals for food security and Climate Resilience, 2022