M.Sc. : ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
Ph.D : ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Water Science and Technology
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Prajapati, V. K., Khanna, M., Singh, M., Kaur, R., Sahoo, R. N., Singh, D. K. and Datta, S. P. (2018). Evaluation of remote sensing based indices for agricultural drought characterization. Journal of Agricultural Physics18 (1):119-126.
- Bisht, H., Singh, D. K., Shaloo, Mishra, A. K., Sarangi, A., Prajapati, V. K., Singh, M. and Krishnan, P. (2019). Heat unit requirement of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) under different thermal and moisture regimes. Journal of Agrometeorology 21 (1): 36-41.
- Prajapati, V. K., Khanna, M., Singh, M. Kaur, R., Sahoo, R. N. and Singh, D. K. (2021) Evaluation of time scale of meteorological, hydrological and agricultural drought indices. Nat Hazards. 109(1): 89-109. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11069-021-04827-1.
- Shaloo, Bisht Himani, Sarangi A., Prajapati V. K., Mishra A. K. and Singh Man (2021) Water Requirement and its Trend for Rice and Wheat Crops in Haryana State, India. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci. 10(2): 203-209.
- Prajapati, V. K., Khanna, M., Singh, M., Kaur, R., Sahoo, R. N., Singh, D. K. and Datta, S. P. (2021). Drought monitoring using multi-time-scale Standardized Precipitation Index. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 91(10):1438-42.
- Arunadevi K., Singh M., Franco, D., Prajapati V. K., Ramachandran J. and Maruthi Sankar G. R. (2022). Real Time Soil Moisture (RTSM) Based Irrigation Scheduling to Improve Yield and Water-Use Efficiency of Green Pea (Pisum sativum L.) Grown in North India. Agronomy. 12, 278. https://doi.org/10.3390.
- Prajapati, V. K., Khanna, M., Singh, M. Kaur, R., Sahoo, R. N. and Singh, D. K. (2022). PCA–based composite drought index for drought assessment in Marathwada region of Maharashtra state, India. Theoretical and Applied Climatology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00704-022-04044-1.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Developed a Composite Drought Index (CDI) for effective drought monitoring.