M.Sc. : University of Calcutta
Ph.D : University of Calcutta
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 6
Ph.D : 5
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Lungmuana, Ahmed, N., Gorai, T. and Datta, S.C. (2018) Soil carbon stability assessment by humus desorption using simple first order exponential equation in a toposequence of Western Himalayan region. National Academy Science Letters. doi10.1007/s40009-018-0609-2.
- Gorai, T., Ahmed,N., Patra, A.K., Sahoo, R.N., Sarangi,A., Meena, M.C. and Sharma R.K. (2017). Site Specific Nutrient Management of an Intensively Cultivated Farm Using Geostatistical Approach. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Biological Sciences.87, 477-488.
- Cresser, S.M, Ahmed,N., Smart,R.P, Arowolo T., Calver,J.L.and Chapman,P. (2006) Predicting Gran alkalinity and calcium concentrations in river waters over a national scale using a novel modification to the G-BASH model. Environmental Pollution 143, 361-366.
- Ahmed,N., Varadachari,C., Ghosh,K. (2002) Soil clay-humus complexes I, alkali dissolution, TEM and XRD studies. Australian Journal of Soil Research, 40: 691-703.
- Ahmed, N., Varadachari,C., Ghosh,K. (2002) Soil clay-humus complexes II, Bridging cations and DTA studies. Australian Journal of Soil Research, 40: 705-713.
- Mhalla, B, Ahmed, N., Datta, S.P.,Golui, D, Singh, Man and Shrivastava, M. (2021) Solubility Relationship of Metals in Acid Soils of Kumaon Himalaya Region of India. Communications In Soil Science And Plant Analysis. https://doi.org/10.1080/00103624.2021.1928170.
- Das Abhishek, Ahmed, Nayan, Ray Prasenjit, Ray Sanjay Kumar, Purakayastha, Tapan Joyti , Biswas Sunanda, Bhattacharyya, Ranjan, Bandyapadhyay Kali Kinkar (2021). Soil genesis and classification of some tea-growing soils of upper Brahmaputra valley of Assam. The Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences. (Accepted).
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Conceptual framework and data base management for long-term effect of rice cultivation on the mineral suite and ecology of the region
- Generation of spatial variability maps for soil fertility parameters of IARI farm.
- A concept on �Estimation of soil parameters and soil zonation using hyperspectral data
- Pedo-geochemical evolution of soils at different topographic positions in Almora district, Uttarakhand.
- Methodologies for clay-humus stability in different soil orders.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Indian Society of Soil Science Zonal Award (1997) from North Zone for best PhD dissertation.
- Received Commonwealth Academic Staff Fellowship Award (2004) from the Association of Commonwealth Universities, U.K..
- Elected Fellow (2018)of the Clay Minerals Society of India.