M.Sc. : Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture & Technology, Kanpur
Ph.D : C.SJ.M.University, Kanpur
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Genetics
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : 26
Ph.D : 17
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Mittal Neha, Bhardwaj Juhi, Verma Shruti, Singh Rajesh Kumar, Yadav Renu, Kaur D., Talukdar Akshay, Yadav Neelam and Kumar* Rajendra (2023). Disentangling potential polymorphic markers and genotypes for Macro-Micro Nutrients in Chickpea. Sci Rep 13, 10731 (2023). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-023-37602-2.
- Singh Charul, Kumar Ramesh, Sehgal Hansa, Bhati Sharmista, Singhal Tripti, Gayacharan., Nimmy MS, Yadav Renu, Gupta Santosh Kumar, Abdallah Naglaa A, Hamwieh Aladdin, Kumar* Rajendra (2023). Unclasping potentials of genomics and gene editing in chickpea to fight climate change and global hunger threat. Front. Genet Sec. Plant Genomics.14:1085024. https://doi.org/10.3389/fgene.2023.
- Gupta Astha, Sharma Tripti, Singh SP, Bhardwaj Archana, Srivastava Deepti, and Kumar Rajendra* (2023). Prospects of microgreens as budding living functional food: Breeding and biofortification through OMICS and other approaches for nutritional security. Front. Genet. 14: 1053810. https://doi:10.3389/fgene.2023.1053810.
- Singh RK, Singh C, Ambika, Chandana BS, Mahto RK, Patial R, Gupta A, Gahlaut V, Gayacharan, Hamwieh A, Upadhyaya HD and Kumar R* (2022). Exploring Chickpea Germplasm Diversity for Broadening the Genetic Base Utilizing Genomic Resources. Front. Genet. 13:905771. https://doi.org/ 10.3389/fgene.2022.905771.
- Chandana BS, Mahto RK, Singh RK, Ford R, Vaghefi N, Gupta SK, Yadav HK, Manohar M and Kumar R* (2022). Epigenomics as Potential Tools for Enhancing Magnitude of Breeding Approaches for Developing Climate Resilient Chickpeas. Front. Genet. 13:900253. https://doi.org / 10.3389/fgene.2022.900253.
- Ambika, Aski MS, Gayacharan, Hamwieh A, Talukdar A, Kumar Gupta S, Sharma BB, Joshi R, Upadhyaya HD, Singh K and Kumar R* (2022). Unraveling Origin, History, Genetics, and Strategies for Accelerated Domestication and Diversification of Food Legumes. Front. Genet. 13:932430. https://doi.org/10.3389/fgene.2022.932430.
- Mahto RK, Ambika, Singh C, Chandana BS, Singh RK, Verma S, Gahlaut V, Manohar M, Yadav N and Kumar R* (2022) Chickpea Biofortification for Cytokinin Dehydrogenase via Genome Editing to Enhance Abiotic-Biotic Stress Tolerance and Food Security. Front. Genet. 13:900324. https://doi.org/10.3389/fgene.2022.900324.
- Ambika; Hegde, Venkatraman; Nimmy, M. S.; Bharadwaj, C.; Tripathi, Shailesh; Singh, Rajesh Kumar; Kumar*, Rajendra (2021). Unraveling the genetics of semi‑determinacy and identification of markers for indeterminate stem growth habit in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Scientific Reports, 11(21837): 1-8. https://doi.org/ 10.1038/s41598-021-01464-3.
- Kumar, R.*, Singh, R. K., Misra, J., Yadav, A., Kumar, A., Yadav, R., Hegde, V., Kumar, S. and Yadav, N. (2021). Dissecting Proteomic Estimates for Enhanced Bioavailable Nutrition during Varied Stages of Germination and Identification of Potential Genotypes in Chickpea. Legume Research, 45 (9): 1082-87. https://doi.org/10.18805/LR-4531.
- Yadav, R., Jain, V., Hegde, V., Yadav, N. and Kumar, R.* (2019). Bio-Physico-Chemical Response of Drought Tolerant Chickpeas to Nickel. LEGUME RESEARCH-AN INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL, 43(3):345-352. https://doi.org/ 10.18805/LR-4179.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Patent for Potato Flakes Energy Bars vide Patent Number – 402984 - dated 04/08/ 2022 by Controller of Patent, Intellectual Property India, Govt of India.
- Pusa Chickpea 3057 (BG 3057) is a kabuli variety identified by Delhi State Seed Sub-Committee for release in National Capital Region Delhi.
- Pusa JG16 (BGM 10221) a MABC-derived drought-tolerant introgression line identified and notified by the Central Sub-Committee on Crop Standards, Notification and Release of Varieties for Agricultural Crops vide S.O. 1056(E) dated 6th March 2023 / India.
- Desi Chickpea Pusa Vijay (BGM 10217) notified by the Central Sub-Committee on Crop Standards, Notification and Release of Varieties for Agricultural Crops vide No. 3-85/2023-SD.lV dated 9th June 2023/ India.
- Pusa Chickpea 4005(BG 4005) a drought-tolerant introgression line developed through marker-assisted breeding notified by the Central Sub-Committee on Crop Standards, Notification and Release of Varieties for Agricultural Crops S.O.8 (E) dated 24-12-2021 / India.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- National Award for promotion of Science & Technology-2019 conferred by President of India on behalf of DST, Govt of India on February 28, 2020.
- U.P. Best Agriculture Scientist Award 2016 conferred by U.P. Government on recommendation of screening committee chaired by Padma Bhushan V.L. Chopra.
- International Exchange Programme fellowship- 2010 by Indian National Science Academy.
- Associate Fellow / Member Award -2005 conferred by The National Academy of Sciences, India.
- Prof Uma Kant Sinha Memorial Award 2003 conferred by Indian Science Congress Association, Kolkata on January 5, 2004.