M.Sc. : CSK HPKV, Palampur
Ph.D : CSK HPKV, Palmpur
PG School, Faculty Disciplines : Plant Breeding
No. of Students Guided : - M.Sc : -
Ph.D : -
Publications (Top 10 Publications having NAAS rating 6 and above with first or corresponding author only) :
- Madhu Patial*, Ruchi Chauhan, Harinder K. Chaudhary, Kallol K. Pramanick, Arun K. Shukla, Vishnu Kumar & Ramesh P. S. Verma (2022) Au-courant and novel technologies for efficient doubled haploid development in barley (Hordeum vulgare L.). Critical Reviews in Biotechnology. DOI: 10.1080/07388551.2022.2050181 (NAAS Rating 14.43)
- Madhu Patial*, HK Chaudhary, Neha Sharma, OP Gangwar, Naval Kishore, Dharam Pal, KK Pramanick, SC Bhardwaj, Ruchi Chauhan. 2021. Developing genetic stock for yellow and brown rust resistance in Triticum aestivum L. via Imperata cylindrica-mediated doubled haploidy technique. Cereal Research Communications. 6(18):1-8 (NAAS Rating: 6.71)
- Madhu Patial*, Kumar J. and Pal D. 2017. Detached leaf assay for evaluating resistance to leaf rust Pst.104-2 in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Indian Journal of Experimental Biology 55:789-794. (NAAS rating 6.82)
- Madhu Patial*, Pal D., Chaudhary H.K., Kumar J. and Prabhu K.V. 2017. Exploration of wild grass Imperata cylindrica for development of doubled haploids in winter x spring wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) hybrids accompanied with combining ability and hybrid potential estimation. Indian Journal of Genetics and Plant breeding 77 (2): 316-320. (NAAS rating 6.51)
- Madhu Patial*, Pal D, Thakur A., Bana, R.S., Patial,S. 2017. Doubled Haploidy Techniques in Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.): An Overview. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., India, Sect. B Biol. Sci. DOI 10.1007/s40011-017-0870-z. (IMP fac 0.946)
- Madhu Patial*, Chaudhary H.K., Sharma, N., Sundaresha S., Kapoor R., Pal D., Pramanick K.K., Shukla A.K. and Kumar J. (2020). Effect of different in vitro and in vivo variables on the efficiency of doubled haploid in T. aestivum L. using Imperata cylindrica-mediated chromosome elimination technique. Cereal Research Communications 49:133–140. (NAAS Rating: 6.71)
- Patial M., Thakur, S.R. and Singh, K.P. 2015. Comparative mutagenic effectiveness and efficiency of physical and chemical mutagen and induced variability in Ricebean (Vigna umbellata Thunb, Ohwi and Ohashi). Legume research: 38 (1) 30-36.
- Patial, M., Bharadwaj, C. and Sood, R. Radiation induced variability and gene effects for polygenic traits in rice bean (Vigna umbellata Thunb, Ohwi and Ohashi). (accepted on 6th December, 2013 in SABRAO Journal of Breeding and Genetics)
- Patial M., Pal D. and Kumar J. 2016. Combining ability and gene action studies for grain yield and its component traits in barley (Hordeum vulgare L.). SABRAO Journal of Breeding and Genetics 48 (1) 90-96.
- Patial M., Pal D., Kapoor R. and Pramanick K.K. 2019. Inheritance and combining ability of grain yield in half diallel barley population. Journal of Wheat Research 10(3): 173-178.
Patent / Technologies / Methodologies / System etc. (Upto Five) :
- Developed and Registered first doubled haploid genetic stock of wheat- DH-1: Wheat genetic stock developed using Imperata cylindrica mediated doubled haploidy technique having resistance to yellow and brown rust (IC0640653 INGR21119)
- HS 542 (Pusa Kiran) (Co-Developer): Wheat variety released and notified vide S.O. 268(E) 28/01/2015 for early sown production conditions of Northern Hill Zone of India
- HS 562 (Co-Developer): Wheat variety released and notified vide S.O.2238 (E) 29/06/2016 for timely sown production conditions of Northern Hill Zone of India
- BHS 400 (Co-Developer): Barley variety released and notified vide S.O.1919(E) 31.07.2014 for timely sown production conditions of Northern Hill Zone of India
- Pusa Arhar 16 (PADT 16) (Co-Developer): An extra early maturing (120 days), semi-dwarf, semi-erect compact Pigeonpea variety with synchronous maturity and suitability for mechanized cultivation.
Awards / Recognitions / Fellowship (Upto Five) :
- Bestowed, NANAJI DESHMUKH ICAR AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING INTERDISCIPLINARY TEAM RESEARCH IN AGRICULTURAL AND ALLIED SCIENCES 2015-16 (As team member)
- Received Third prize in oral presentation in National Conference on Agricultural Resource management fro Atamnirbhar Bharat at CAU, Imphal on 17-19 July, 2020.
- Received Young Woman Scientist Award for outstanding work in field of Plant Breeding on the occasion of "2nd International Conference on Recent advances in agricultural, environmental and applied sciences for global development" from 27-29 Sep, 2019
- The woman of excellence award (2021) by Vigyan Varta and Omm Shanti Narayan Foundation Trust
- Received certificate of excellence in 5th Science & technology Awards-17 for delivering presentation at Bengaluru dated 11 June 2017.